S.21.2-3: Adding Gubernatorial Powers Amendment to Standing Rules of Southern Chamber (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:25:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S.21.2-3: Adding Gubernatorial Powers Amendment to Standing Rules of Southern Chamber (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S.21.2-3: Adding Gubernatorial Powers Amendment to Standing Rules of Southern Chamber (Failed)  (Read 498 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 26, 2021, 04:47:46 AM »
« edited: May 26, 2021, 04:57:08 AM by Southern Deputy Speaker Punxsutawney Phil »

As far as I am concerned, this is the governor's package, I sponsored it out of concern that in case the governor introduced other bills/amendments/whatever, this would otherwise have to wait to reach the floor. I will maintain that sponsorship because whatever bills the Governor writes and thereafter wants to get to the floor shouldn't have to wait on this.
I await the Governor's words; this has some changes that I am undecided on and I have interest in what the Governor has to say.
I do support wholeheartedly the removing of sections 7 and 8 from the first part of the standing rules, and fixing small mini-errors of grammar here and there isn't bad. I ask the Chamber to consider keeping those parts of the proposed changes even if it decides to nix other parts it would presumably oppose in that scenario.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 07:24:23 PM »

As far as I am concerned, this is the governor's package, I sponsored it out of concern that in case the governor introduced other bills/amendments/whatever, this would otherwise have to wait to reach the floor. I will maintain that sponsorship because whatever bills the Governor writes and thereafter wants to get to the floor shouldn't have to wait on this.
I await the Governor's words; this has some changes that I am undecided on and I have interest in what the Governor has to say.
I do support wholeheartedly the removing of sections 7 and 8 from the first part of the standing rules, and fixing small mini-errors of grammar here and there isn't bad. I ask the Chamber to consider keeping those parts of the proposed changes even if it decides to nix other parts it would presumably oppose in that scenario.

I think the chamber has forgotten about this bill - would the governor like to provide some words of advocacy?
Yeah, there has not been enough advocacy and in pacticular we haven't heard enough from other delegates on such a fundamentally transformative measure.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2021, 05:20:18 AM »

Seconded.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 09:11:50 PM »

The governor never did anything in the way of advocacy for these changes and there was not enough deliberation on the contents of the bill, especially when considering the large impact it would have on the way we operate.

I have to vote Nay. These changes could be pondered in another session in which there is more debate and/or discussion, and I might well vote Aye then.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2021, 11:07:31 AM »

2 Nays, 1 Aye. This bill fails.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies