NE-SEN 2024: Fischer running for a third term
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:26:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NE-SEN 2024: Fischer running for a third term
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: NE-SEN 2024: Fischer running for a third term  (Read 2338 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 23, 2021, 12:55:13 AM »

https://journalstar.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/fischer-says-shell-seek-third-senate-term-in-2024/article_67698823-1f83-5eab-ae8b-2c0ba1b9c85a.html

Well, that was early.

Looks like Cook can already move this to Safe R.
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 02:01:50 AM »

lean r imho because she broke her pledge of serving 2 terms only
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 02:10:38 AM »

Safe D. Nebraskans don't like term limits promises breakers.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2021, 03:02:08 AM »

She had her first?
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2021, 03:56:10 AM »

"No senator from Nebraska has sought a third term in the last three decades, not since Democratic Sen. Jim Exon was reelected in 1990."

Obviously, Leans D if she wins her primary. If she loses her primary, Likely R.

I also forgot that she is one of my US Senators.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2021, 05:24:45 AM »

D's need to take advantage of OH, IA, NC, FL and MO in 2022, to pass DC and PR Statehood because the map in wave insurence seats in 2024 is against us unless Castro runs in TX or Graham runs in FL.

It's not impossible because it's 500 days until the Election and Val Deming's can win due to Rubio backtracking on Commission.
Generic ballot is plus 10, Carville said that Deming's could win due to Crist and Guilium was ahead by six pts with a mnth left and lost
It's not impossible for Crist to overcome a six pt deficit in 500 dsys
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2021, 06:07:54 AM »

D's need to take advantage of OH, IA, NC, FL and MO in 2022, to pass DC and PR Statehood because the map in wave insurence seats in 2024 is against us unless Castro runs in TX or Graham runs in FL.

It's not impossible because it's 500 days until the Election and Val Deming's can win due to Rubio backtracking on Commission.
Generic ballot is plus 10, Carville said that Deming's could win due to Crist and Guilium was ahead by six pts with a mnth left and lost

Val Demings blasting Rubio on this would backfire as Demings has herself voted with Trump, especially Kate’s Law.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2021, 06:09:41 AM »
« Edited: May 23, 2021, 06:20:29 AM by UWS »

Lindsey Graham also once pledged nit to serve more than two terms, yet he won re-election for a 4th term by a crushing margin of 10 points.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2021, 06:22:59 AM »

Val Demings blasting Rubio on this would backfire as Demings has herself voted with Trump, especially Kate’s Law.

That's why Stephanie Murphy is considering a run for Senate, but Rubio assured the D's that he was a yes vote on the Commission and he backtracked.  The Filibuster needs to be nuked anyways Manchin, Sinema and Tester are playing games and pass DC Statehood already. If we get 55 seats PR Statehood would be passed

Carville is the one that recruited Val Deming's, he said that with Val Deming's law enforcement, she can win

This is our 55 state pickup anyways after NC and OH this would be the last to flip
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2021, 06:32:46 AM »
« Edited: May 23, 2021, 06:45:23 AM by UWS »

That's why Stephanie Murphy is considering a run for Senate, but Rubio assured the D's that he was a yes vote on the Commission and he backtracked.  The Filibuster needs to be nuked anyways Manchin, Sinema and Tester are playing games and pass DC Statehood already. If we get 55 seats PR Statehood would be passed

Carville is the one that recruited Val Deming's, he said that with Val Deming's law enforcement, she can win

This is our 55 state pickup anyways after NC and OH this would be the last to flip

Murphy too voted for the same law I mentioned above.

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2017/06/30/stephanie-murphy-and-val-demings-just-voted-for-an-incredibly-terrible-anti-immigration-bill
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2021, 03:35:43 PM »

Murphy too voted for the same law I mentioned above.

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2017/06/30/stephanie-murphy-and-val-demings-just-voted-for-an-incredibly-terrible-anti-immigration-bill

I don't worry about these things when Rs are 10 pts behind on Geric Ballot that's enough to win OH, MO, FL and NC Senate races watch the D's win in FL just like Carville said
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2021, 09:49:23 PM »

Oh, I guess it turns out that the High-Heeled Hispanic Whisperer from Florida is one of my senators. I guess I was right to doubt Deb Fischer being one of my senators.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2021, 11:02:33 PM »

"No senator from Nebraska has sought a third term in the last three decades, not since Democratic Sen. Jim Exon was reelected in 1990."

She should know this isn't correct since she defeated Bob Kerrey for what would've been his third term.
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2021, 01:48:18 AM »

She should know this isn't correct since she defeated Bob Kerrey for what would've been his third term.

It would be correct if the writer qualified it as a third consecutive term.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2021, 02:20:01 AM »

lean r imho because she broke her pledge of serving 2 terms only

Deb Fischer will be no pushover, my friend. No doubt Nebraskans have already begun paying attention to what is guaranteed to be a hot issue on the campaign trail, but let’s not forget Deb Fischer's bipartisan efforts to introduce the Bipartisan Pipeline Safety Bill in 2015 — together with Cory Booker, Senator Peters, and, of course, Steve Daines! She could hardly have won reelection in 2020 without it! When Nebraska voters weigh the pros and cons of reelecting Senator Fischer, it will be the recent Pipeline and Hazardous Materials and Safety Administration Act which unanimously passed the Senate that will eventually tip the scales in her favor. If she teams up with Bipartisan Bacon to pass more pressing bipartisan legislation, the race is hers to lose.

She looks.... spooky. Perhaps you will uncover her skeletons after you’ve vanquished Don Bacon and inevitably embark on your Senate endeavors.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2021, 02:36:13 AM »

This would have been Safe R, no matter who the nominee.

The primary should be interesting though. Fischer, like Sasse, probably will face a primary challenge from the Trump wing of the party. I'm wondering who it might be, and how successful that person will be.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2021, 01:16:49 PM »

This would have been Safe R, no matter who the nominee.

The primary should be interesting though. Fischer, like Sasse, probably will face a primary challenge from the Trump wing of the party. I'm wondering who it might be, and how successful that person will be.

Why would she be vulnerable to that? She toes the party line enough regarding Trump that any primary attempt would just look like a cynical power grab, kind of like the Kennedy attempt to primary Markey, to use a Democratic example. And I can't think of any big name Republicans in the state that would get any traction.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2021, 07:26:47 AM »

I was thinking in a way similar to this. Fischer is one of the most obscure members of the Senate. She is an establishment Republican who strictly votes the party line, has hardly ever appeared in the news, and has never done anything to alienate the Republican base. And in a state like Nebraska, a uncontroversial Generic R is a sure bet to win reelection.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2021, 07:28:55 AM »

Lindsey Graham also once pledged nit to serve more than two terms, yet he won re-election for a 4th term by a crushing margin of 10 points.

Susan Collins is yet another Republican Senator who pledged to serve only two terms, but broke that promise long ago, and was just reelected last year to her fifth. That is why you should never trust a politician who promises to term limit themselves.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2021, 10:11:42 AM »

The R party used to believe in term limits and balanced budgets, that's why they don't need to be in Majority if they get the Speaker spot again, they are gonna try to stay empowered indefinitely just like D's spent 12/8 yrs in Minority not offering anything new that Trump didn't offer but tax cuts for rich
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2021, 03:07:51 PM »

Susan Collins is yet another Republican Senator who pledged to serve only two terms, but broke that promise long ago, and was just reelected last year to her fifth. That is why you should never trust a politician who promises to term limit themselves.

Never say never. Some politicians who promise to limit themselves to a certain number of terms keep their promise and some don't.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2021, 03:35:40 PM »

One of the most irrelevant senators IMO
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2021, 04:43:19 PM »

Never say never. Some politicians who promise to limit themselves to a certain number of terms keep their promise and some don't.

You're right, but I've become very skeptical of politicians in general at this point, and the numbers of those who've broken their term limits pledges outweigh those who haven't.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2024, 12:42:03 PM »

This one could get interesting. The Democrats are not yet fielding a candidate, and local labor leader Dan Osborne is running as an independent.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/18/us/politics/nebraska-union-senate-race.html
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2024, 12:43:37 PM »

This one could get interesting. The Democrats are not yet fielding a candidate, and local labor leader Dan Osborne is running as an independent.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/18/us/politics/nebraska-union-senate-race.html

He’s more likely to be another Al Gross than another McMullin.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies