AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:25:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 35
Author Topic: AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)  (Read 133569 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: September 26, 2006, 01:18:18 AM »

A third Level 3 Ad: ($300,000)

<Voice 1> IT'S NOT MY FAULT!

<Voice 2> All too often, that's the refrain we hear today, and not just from politicians.  Lawsuits clog our courts.  Sometimes because they are frivilous.  Other times because of professional organizations that fail to ensure that their membership is competent and ethical, leaving the courts to sort out the damage caused by professional malpractice rather than preventing it.

<Voice 1> EVERYBODY ELSE DOES IT!

<Voice 2> Too many people are turning a blind eye to corruption and cheating.  Cheating and plagarism in our schools is at an all time high.  Improper stock options and other shady practices are shaking faith in corporate honesty.  Something needs to be done.

<Ernest Calhoun> I'm Ernest Calhoun.  I'm running for President because America needs a rebirth of personal responsibility.  That means more than just using the bully pulpit.  It means legal and corporate reform to throw sunshine on crooked deals and hidden finances.  It means to stop treating the symptoms of personal irresponsibility and change the laws so as encourge people to do the right thing rather than waiting to play gotcha and throwing them into our overcrowded prisons.  It means to reform our tax code so that it no longer has as its prime purpose rewarding losers and punishing winners.  Personal responsibility is what I'm running for, including being responsible for this commercial.

If it's not too late to change things, I'd like to cut back from 600 hours to 480 hours of campaigning in New Hampshire.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #401 on: September 26, 2006, 09:26:56 AM »

Thanks for moving the deadline back...can you give us like 24/48 hrs warning as to when the new deadline will go into effect?

Don't worry, you'll all have plenty of notice.  It will be after both debates are wrapped up, since it's only fair. Smiley
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #402 on: September 26, 2006, 02:50:28 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2006, 05:54:57 PM by Senator Speedy »

My Ad on the Iraq War:

Salvor Hardin, sitting at his Governos Desk Im Salvor Hardin, and I approve this message.

*screenshots of Iraq War injuries, Militants launching attacks*

Salvor Hardin Just recently, a report was released revealing the truth of our war in Iraq. Not only are we making little progress, we're also causing more terrorism. Isnt that the exact opposite of what we wanted? Some of my opponents will claim victory in thier democracy, but wont let it govern. They praise non-existant progress, and make false claims on terrorism problems lowering.
*Hardin walks down a UN hallway*
        Meanwhile, our boys and girls are being wrecklessly killed and played like pawns by the war hawks in the White House. Hundreds and thousands killed, and many more wounded. A billion dollars spent a month, a crumbling economy, and what do we get in return for staying the course? More terrorism.

We need a real plan out of Iraq. We need to trust the Iraqi government. And we need to get the Osama Bin Laden.

Forgot who that is? This Administration did.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #403 on: September 26, 2006, 05:44:07 PM »

My Ad on the Iraq War:

Salvor Hardin, sitting at his Governos Desk Im Salvor Hardin, and I approve this message.

Salvor Hardin Just recently, a report was released revealing the truth of our war in Iraq. Not only are we making little progress, we're also causing more terrorism. Isnt that the exact opposite of what we wanted? Some of my opponents will claim victory in thier democracy, but wont let it govern. They praise non-existant progress, and make false claims on terrorism problems lowering.
*Hardin walks down a street in Baghdad*
        Meanwhile, our boys and girls are being wrecklessly killed and played like pawns by the war hawks in the White House. Hundreds and thousands killed, and many more wounded. A billion dollars spent a month, a crumbling economy, and what do we get in return for staying the course? More terrorism.

We need a real plan out of Iraq. We need to trust the Iraqi government. And we need to get the Osama Bin Laden.

Okay... I'm calling foul... if he gets to do an ad walking down the streets of Bagdad, then I'm doing one where I personally put a cap in Osama Bin Laden's head.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #404 on: September 26, 2006, 05:54:25 PM »

My Ad on the Iraq War:

Okay... I'm calling foul... if he gets to do an ad walking down the streets of Bagdad, then I'm doing one where I personally put a cap in Osama Bin Laden's head.
Sorry, didnt think it was a big deal. Ill fix it if you prefer.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #405 on: September 26, 2006, 08:01:08 PM »

My Ad on the Iraq War:

I was joking, but still, man, you are like superman if you are shooting a campaign commericial from Baghdad lol
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #406 on: September 26, 2006, 08:02:55 PM »

My Ad on the Iraq War:

I was joking, but still, man, you are like superman if you are shooting a campaign commericial from Baghdad lol

Well it could have been the magic of Hollywood. Wink
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #407 on: September 27, 2006, 06:18:58 AM »

My Ad on the Iraq War:

I know, but upon re-examining, youre right. Although I did consider Colin's idea, I still like my new location better anyway.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #408 on: September 27, 2006, 12:27:40 PM »

I can't really say what qualifies an 'unacceptable' ad at this stage, but let's just say that the Iraqi street would have been unacceptable, and the UN hallway is fine.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #409 on: September 27, 2006, 12:43:54 PM »

Advert 1

I'm Andrew Leitch and I approve this message

Governor sitting at office

I am a gay American, I am a Catholic American and I am proud to be an immigrants son. I believe that only in America can someone who has the odds stacked against him from birth, rise to become a servant of the people. I serve no cause but yours and every single one of you can be sure that I will stand up for you. To every person who feels let down by their government or by their elected officials I say, come on home. I'm here to speak with you to pressure our government and our society for change. To those who say I am not fit to be president because of where I'm from or who I love or what I believe I say to them, come on to my home, to Nebraska and see what I've done, what i've built, managed and reformed and also what I've left alone because it's working well or because I have no right to change it. Let's work.

Voice-over Andrew Leitch...'Come on Home'

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #410 on: September 27, 2006, 01:30:38 PM »

Just so you know, Joe:

I've walked out of the debate because of Mr. Bird's insulting remarks and his refusal to apologize for them.  About 20% of the crowd walked out along with me.  The crowd cheers loudly as I get in my (fuel-efficent) car and drive away.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #411 on: September 27, 2006, 01:48:47 PM »

Just so you know, Joe:

I've walked out of the debate because of Mr. Bird's insulting remarks and his refusal to apologize for them.  About 20% of the crowd walked out along with me.  The crowd cheers loudly as I get in my (fuel-efficent) car and drive away.

No they didn't.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #412 on: September 27, 2006, 02:09:37 PM »

Somebody is God-moding.

Wink
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #413 on: September 27, 2006, 02:13:18 PM »

Luckily for me and this game, I'm God. Smiley
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #414 on: September 27, 2006, 02:41:19 PM »

Just so you know, Joe:

No they didn't.
yes they did, I have video proof.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #415 on: September 27, 2006, 02:54:22 PM »

Roll Eyes So post it then.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #416 on: September 27, 2006, 04:00:17 PM »

Just so you know, Joe:

No they didn't.
yes they did, I have video proof.
Are you seriously challenging the game runner? Tsk tsk Harry.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #417 on: September 27, 2006, 04:30:34 PM »

give me a few hours
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #418 on: September 27, 2006, 04:50:30 PM »

This oughta be good.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #419 on: September 27, 2006, 06:11:05 PM »

My not-so-serious response to Speedy and Harry

(show outside of jet)

*Words scroll accross screen in green, as if being typed*

F-18 in southern mountains of Afghanistan

*show live shot of me in F-18*

Me:  I have target lock and indentification.

Ground Base:  Copy, target ID confirmed.

Me: Firing.

GB: Copy, missles launched.

Me:  We have a hit.  It is confirmed, the tent city is destory.  WHOAAAAAAA!!!

GB:  Good job.  Congratulations everyone. 

*clapping in background*

*later that day at Pentagon*

Sec. Rumsfled:  We can confirm today that Congressman Soult's air patrol has eliminated Osama Bin Laden.

*Go to me at desk*

"I'm Chris Soult, and I approve this message"
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #420 on: September 27, 2006, 06:17:10 PM »

Based on that last ad, I can now report that Representative Chris Soult (R-ME) has just won every remaining primary yet to come, including the Democratic ones.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #421 on: September 27, 2006, 06:59:38 PM »

Lol, nice. Why didnt I think of that? Cheesy
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #422 on: September 27, 2006, 07:07:41 PM »

RL issues have been getting in the way- I should be able to post in the debate tomorrow.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #423 on: September 27, 2006, 10:06:56 PM »
« Edited: September 29, 2006, 09:10:20 AM by Senator jerusalemcar5 »

I can't write ads or speeches during the school year.  Too much to do.  If anyone wants to do it for me It'd be appreciated (I'd also donate my money to them if I lose).
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #424 on: September 28, 2006, 11:49:32 PM »

ok, you're right.  I lied.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 35  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies