AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:05:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 35
Author Topic: AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)  (Read 133927 times)
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: September 23, 2006, 03:11:03 AM »
« edited: September 23, 2006, 03:50:35 AM by MaC »

Ad #1

(my face flashed before the camera at a desk)
(Cereal) My name is Andrew Cereal and I approve this message.

(violin music playing with camera shots of factories and office buildings)
(voice over)

Governor Cereal is the taxpayers friend.
As governor he decreased taxes on all classes and got rid of unused government programs.
He's worked hard to save Michigan money-and now he can save all of America the hard-earned tax dollars they deserve.  Vote for Andrew Cereal.

Ad #2

picture of Andrew Cereal: My name is Andrew Cereal and I approve this message.

Governor Cereal walking with his teenage son Andrew A. Cereal
son: Hey dad, what's social security and why are they taking so much out of my paycheck?
governor: Well, it's a tax that was started a long time ago by to get the younger people to pay for the old.
son: but if I hardly have any money with college, bills, housing, and everything else, and older people have had a chance to put money aside, how fair is that for me?
governor: It's not.  It's what we call "power politics".  The interests of the DC politicians are to support the special interest groups.  They do that because they know that younger people generally don't vote and older people do.
son:But, I'm definitely voting when I'm 18.
governor: I know
son: Are you going to change anything to help younger people like me
governor: I'll try my best

(fade out)

Ad #3

Two middle-aged men in a dialouge at a coffee-shop
 guy1: Have you heard, Frank got a $2000 fine for just owning marijuana.
 guy2: Wow, that's sad.  Especially considering that he rarely smokes pot and he's got enough money problems to worry about.  It's a victimless crime and shouldn't be punished.
 guy1:Yeah, Frank never hurt anyone.  What he does should be his responsibility.  It's sad to see how authoritarian the drugs laws are in this country.

(shot to a scene with Andrew Cereal in another part of the coffee shop)
Cereal: wow, poor Frank.  I don't smoke marijuana, not do I condone it's use.  But I'm not here to lecture you on it's 'badness'.  I just think that the state of illegality on marijuana is ridiculous.  A Cereal presidency would pardon those in jail for simply owning marijuana to save room in our prisons for the murderers and rapists-those who have a real reason to be there.  I'm tough on crime when it's real crime.
I'm Andrew Cereal, and I approve this message.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #376 on: September 23, 2006, 03:18:46 AM »

As you've probably guessed, I'm not keen on setting deadlines.  But I guess it'd make things easier, so the deadline for this stage is Monday at 4pm EST.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #377 on: September 23, 2006, 03:19:31 AM »

Did you mean the most expensive ad, i.e. Level 3?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #378 on: September 23, 2006, 08:50:50 AM »

I'll post my stuff on Monday, kinda busy this weekend.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #379 on: September 23, 2006, 03:08:15 PM »

Im dropping out.

All my money goes to Governor Mabus
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #380 on: September 24, 2006, 01:37:40 AM »

Speech 1-Federalism.
Hello New Hampshire!  America is the best country in the world.  We enjoy an amount of freedom that other countries can only dream of.  And one of the reasons for that freedom is federalism.  But, we experience less and less federalism as our times go on.  Sadly the kind of 'federalism' that dominates the national scene today is carrot-and-stick federalism.  The states are dominated by the desire of the national government.  The national government then carries along the states with the power of grants.  Since states are struggling with doing their best, they take the bribe the national government gives them and implements these programs.  But,  Whatever happened to real decisions by states?  Why can't states adapt their own policies without the national government intruding?  I am a propenent of states rights and I think that states should set their own policy regarding the programs they implement.  This is the kind of federalism our founding fathers wanted.  If a state has a horrible policy, it loses representation in congress, and it will gain representation with a good policy.  The "one size fits all" national government policies are failing.  We need to take back rights that originally belonged to the states.
Thank you.  Vote for federalism.  Vote Cereal.

Speech 2-Gun Control
"If we only got rid of guns" says the idealist.  No, says the utopian idealist. "crimes wouldn't happen"...  Then the reality sinks in.  Crimes do happen.  People get killed.  This leads to the notion that we should ban or limit gun sales in the United States.  If we were actually able to do this, citizens wouldn't be able to get guns-yet the criminals would.  As hard as it may be for some to believe, criminals don't care about breaking the law-so gun control would give the killers easy targets.  The beautiful thing about having free access to guns-is how criminals would think.  You don't have to own a gun, just the possiblilty that you could have a gun is enough to scare off criminals.  New Hampsirites, take a look to your west.  Vermont has no state gun laws and they have incrdibly low crime rates-now look further west to Califronia where they do have high crime and high gun control.  A Cereal Presidency would veto any gun control bill that comes to my desk.  A Cereal Presidency is one of your second amendment rights.  Vote Andrew Cereal for a Cereal Presidency!  Thank you.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #381 on: September 24, 2006, 07:48:25 AM »

Level 2 Organization
Level 2 on Ads - (I'll post em later)
600 hours general campaigning
Two speeches, one on terrorism, one on the environment
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #382 on: September 24, 2006, 01:07:24 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2006, 04:21:27 PM by NE Gov Ernest »

You've made it clear that organization assembled in the primaries will have some effect in the general election, can we also assume that will hold true for ads and campaigning?  (I'm trying to plan my spending  for the rest of the primaries, altho once past Super Tuesday, the warchest will be gone and I'll be depending on fundraising.)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #383 on: September 24, 2006, 04:04:16 PM »

Level 2 Organization
1 Level 2 Ad
500 campaign hours
1 speech
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #384 on: September 24, 2006, 04:13:27 PM »

"Big Brother" Speech

Id like to thank you all for coming out today, it is inspiring to see how many people concerned about thier privacy. Recently, it seems to be government habit to take every opportunity they get to sneak one more camera into your life, reveal one more line on your biography, add one more minute to thier video of your life.
        Those days are about to come to a screeching halt. This government is here to serve and protect you, not use you as thier personal HBO special. I am here to promise each and every one of you that Big Brothers day of watching you will end the second I step into the Oval Office.
        The Pro-Surviellence will continue to hide behind thier 'terrorism' shield. Couldnt this money be going into more important areas of self-defense? Are we fighting war? Dont we have borders? Imports? Airplanes? But theyre shoving that to the side, because God knows the fact that youre calling your mother on her Birthday is more important than all of that.
        This lack of common sense can, and must stop immediately, and I am going to spend as much time as I can into re-organizing a poorly organized, poorly run Pay per view into a ship shape Homeland Security Department.

Just remember, this is 2006, not 1984, and we should treat it that way.
                        Thank you all again, and good night.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #385 on: September 24, 2006, 05:11:34 PM »

As you've probably guessed, I'm not keen on setting deadlines.  But I guess it'd make things easier, so the deadline for this stage is Monday at 4pm EST.

As eager as I am to get to the next stage, given that the Democratic debate isn't any where near being completed, and not for any fault or delay on the oart of the candidates or the moderator, might it not be better to pick a different Monday than this Monday?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #386 on: September 24, 2006, 06:25:53 PM »

600 hours general campaigning
Two speeches, one on terrorism, one on the environment

You only have 460 hours available.  Don't forget to leave 2 hours for each of your speeches.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #387 on: September 24, 2006, 06:29:54 PM »

You've made it clear that organization assembled in the primaries will have some effect in the general election, can we also assume that will hold true for ads and campaigning?  (I'm trying to plan my spending  for the rest of the primaries, altho once past Super Tuesday, the warchest will be gone and I'll be depending on fundraising.)

As with campaign organization, ads and campaigning will have a limited effect in the general election.  But there will still be one. Wink
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #388 on: September 24, 2006, 06:31:22 PM »

So is the deadline for this still Monday? Can we push that back a bit since the Democratic primary isn't near finished and I'm probably not going to have time to submit a new ad and a few new speeches till tomorrow after 4.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #389 on: September 24, 2006, 06:33:02 PM »

I'm doing one old speech from Iowa and three new speeches.

Speech 1:

Moderate has become a bad word in modern America. There was a time when great presidents of the past, whether they were Republican or Democrat, proudly wore the label of a principaled moderate. Today it seems as if those same proud moderates are shunned by their party. Most of you that I am speaking to probably disagree with me on some issues, heck I'm sure all of you have some problem with some of my positions, but I can sure as hell tell you that a moderate is what this nations needs today. In this time of partisan bickering and constant warfare between different sides of the arguement isn't it best to try to bring this country together instead of seperate it further? Our current President wanted to be a "uniter not a divider" and I wish he and the others in Washington had payed attention to that message. What we need in Washington is a uniter, what we need in Washington is a strong leader, what wee need in Washington is someone who can bring both sides together and come up with solutions that are good for America and acceptable to all. The parties today have become like scorpions in a bottle, constantly trying to take the other down while they occupy the same space; entrapped in a death struggle for the future. That should end today! People of Iowa vote for a true uniter; say no to vicious politics as usual.

I'm going to do 1 old ad from Iowa and one new ad for New Hampshire:

Ad 1:

*Shots of capital building and Senate chamber*

Announcer: Senator Colin Wixted has been a Senator for 10 years. He has been considered by many to be the conscience of the Senate.

*Shot of Wixted shaking hands with supporters*

Announcer: Senator Wixted has worked throughout his years in office as a true advocate of the people and a representative of American values.

*Shots of kids going into a school*

Announcer: He has worked to improve the American education system by supporting school choice and local control of education.

*Shots of people going to work in a factory*

Announcer: He has supported economic growth and stability through sound economic policies.

*Shot of Wixted giving a speech*

Announcer: He has supported reducing the deficit, adjusting the minimum wage to inflation, and putting more money into the pockets of working Americans not into failing programs or corrupt institutions.

*Shot of two shady looking people making a deal in a room*

Announcer: He has stood against the increasing corruption of Washington politics, against pork projects and government waste. Senator Wixted has constantly been regarded as one of the leaders of the fight against the corruption that has taken control of politics.

*Shot of Wixted at rally*

Wixted: We need a true voice of the people, one who speaks for all. We need a moderate and honest voice in politics today not more of the business as usual politics that we as American have put up with for years on end. Government needs to stop spending money on bridges to nowhere and and instead help America face the problems of the 21st century.

*Fade to Black with words Colin Wixted for President: A moderate voice for a new tomorrow in the center.*

Wixted: I'm Senator Colin Wixted and I approved this message.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #390 on: September 24, 2006, 06:33:41 PM »

You also don't have enough campaign hours available for that.  Please check your current profile in the overview thread.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #391 on: September 24, 2006, 06:34:51 PM »

As eager as I am to get to the next stage, given that the Democratic debate isn't any where near being completed, and not for any fault or delay on the oart of the candidates or the moderator, might it not be better to pick a different Monday than this Monday?
So is the deadline for this still Monday? Can we push that back a bit since the Democratic primary isn't near finished and I'm probably not going to have time to submit a new ad and a few new speeches till tomorrow after 4.

Agreed.  Forget tomorrow's deadline; we'll wait until the debates are finished.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #392 on: September 24, 2006, 08:11:42 PM »

You also don't have enough campaign hours available for that.  Please check your current profile in the overview thread.

make it 200. thanks Joe.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #393 on: September 24, 2006, 08:37:00 PM »

Oh I forgot that speeches were 2 hours a piece.

Could you change my general campaigning to 58 hours.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #394 on: September 24, 2006, 11:06:10 PM »

100 hours of fundraising
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #395 on: September 25, 2006, 09:33:38 AM »
« Edited: September 25, 2006, 01:00:02 PM by Josh22 »

Level 2 Organization
500 campaign hours
1 speech

Hello,
Today I am not going to keep you long at any means. I just want to tell each and every one of you voters in New Hampshire that I'm not running because I want to be President, but I'm running for people of New Hampshire. I want to let the voice of the people run the White House and America once again, not some rich out of touch politician. I will let the people's voice once again shine through the White House and change this Nation to fit you and your needs better.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #396 on: September 25, 2006, 04:30:27 PM »

Level 3 Organisation.
350 fundraiser hours.
800 campaign hours.
More, such as ads and speeches, will be posted sometime tonight, along with my response in the debate.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #397 on: September 25, 2006, 11:33:36 PM »

When is the deadline again?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #398 on: September 25, 2006, 11:49:09 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2006, 11:57:30 PM by NE Gov Ernest »

Originally earlier today, but it's been pushed back by Joe to a time TBA so that the debates can have more time to be finished.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #399 on: September 25, 2006, 11:50:42 PM »

Thanks for moving the deadline back...can you give us like 24/48 hrs warning as to when the new deadline will go into effect?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 35  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies