Johnson says Jan 6th wasn't Insurrectionists again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 10:03:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Johnson says Jan 6th wasn't Insurrectionists again
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Johnson says Jan 6th wasn't Insurrectionists again  (Read 1314 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 20, 2021, 03:18:36 PM »

https://news.yahoo.com/as-congress-debates-jan-6-commission-some-republicans-look-to-downplay-capitol-riot-181719817.html

Johnson has been DOA for a long time since the outrageous comment's, he hasn't lead in a single poll
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 03:28:29 PM »

He was always one of the worst senators. Sadly, this will have zero impact on Wisconsin voters in November 2022.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 03:31:13 PM »

He was always one of the worst senators. Sadly, this will have zero impact on Wisconsin voters in November 2022.

He wants to investigate Hunter Biden if Mccarthy becomes Speaker along with Johnson they already pushed BENGHAZI they will push Hunter which will prompt a Harris Nomination if Biden is impeached

You should want Ukraine Hunter Johnson removed from office
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2021, 03:32:21 PM »

He wants to investigate Hunter Biden if Mccarthy becomes Speaker along with Johnson they already pushed BENGHAZI they will push Hunter which will prompt a Harris Nomination if Biden is impeached

You should want Ukraine Hunter Johnson removed from office

Just like Bricejoel thinks Johnson will win, typical
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2021, 04:25:54 PM »

He's right for the wrong reason. It wasn't an insurrection, it was a coup attempt and act of terrorism.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2021, 05:26:56 PM »

Just like Jay E Hoover with the KGB and KKK, the Rs have protected Right militia groups, Hoover had Oswald in his office before the Assassination and he threatened to kill an FBI agent

Johnson is doing the samething with the right Militia group Proud boys, protecting them because of their skin color
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2021, 04:27:46 AM »

Another example of Republicans being traitors.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2021, 08:49:33 AM »

Ron Johnson is an embarrassing partisan hack with an almost unprecedented level of intellectual dishonesty. Nothing new. As horrible as it sounds, perhaps it wasn't even bad enough for the GOP what happened on 1/6 to face the truth.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2021, 09:40:03 AM »

With his continued assertion that the terrorist attack was nothing, Johnson should perhaps be investigated in connection with it.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2021, 09:48:52 AM »

Sadly, these sorts of statements have little to no impact on one’s electoral chances. Lean R -> Lean R.
Upstater
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -4.00

P P
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2021, 10:49:00 AM »

Insert obligatory statement about Russ Feingold here.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2021, 11:24:43 AM »

Sadly, these sorts of statements have little to no impact on one’s electoral chances. Lean R -> Lean R.

You really do t believe in blue waves, how can it be Lean R Xing and two consecutive polls showed Evers and Nelson Leading

D's are targeting Johnson as I told the previous pollster because if he gets reelected he wants to impeach Biden along with Mccarthy for Hunter, he was instrumental in Benghazi

He also blocked 1200 stimulus checks if Rs had their way we would of the only gotten 600 cheques not 2K, users on this forum forgotten 2K cheques, because ah, the spent it already
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2021, 12:55:11 AM »

Insert obligatory statement about Russ Feingold here.
I miss Russ Feingold Sad
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2021, 06:00:26 AM »

He was always one of the worst senators.
We should have a running list of the top 10 worst senators. I assume they would all be GQP even with all the hate for Manchin and Sinema.

Ted Cruz would be hard to topple in first place, but people like Ron Johnson, Lindsey Graham, Mitch McConnell, Rand Paul and Josh Hawley are definitely giving him a run for his money.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2021, 09:33:20 AM »

He was always one of the worst senators.
We should have a running list of the top 10 worst senators. I assume they would all be GQP even with all the hate for Manchin and Sinema.

Ted Cruz would be hard to topple in first place, but people like Ron Johnson, Lindsey Graham, Mitch McConnell, Rand Paul and Josh Hawley are definitely giving him a run for his money.

I think someone should create a thread in Individual Politics focused on this. It would be a good idea. And yes, all of the worst Senators would be members of the Republican Party, even though there are several Democrats who I don't like either.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2021, 12:08:36 PM »

He's right for the wrong reason. It wasn't an insurrection, it was a coup attempt and act of terrorism.

If you want to consider it a coup attempt, then it was possibly the single most incompetent one in history.

Step 1: Hold a rally outside the Capitol.
Step 2: Go inside the Capitol and take selfies and post pics on social media.
Step 3: Go to the actual grounds, hang up a Trump flag, steal some things, go to Representatives offices and take pictures and steal some documents.
Step 4: Huh
Step 5: Trump remains in office.

I have still yet to hear anyone explain something that could fit under Step 4 that would've led to Step 5 actually occurring.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2021, 04:46:13 PM »

I mean.... there’s an argument to be made that if people wanted to commit an insurrection, they would bring guns, not fur hats with horns.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2021, 04:49:26 PM »

I mean.... there’s an argument to be made that if people wanted to commit an insurrection, they would bring guns, not fur hats with horns.

If Trump won and BLK had weapons not guns as Ron Johnson said, he would be very afraid of Afro Americans who would be Insurrectionists

They were Proud Boys along QANON and KKK, Right milia groups that killed Civil Right leaders in history

KKK killed Civil Rights not Black Panthers

Eventhough black militia killed Malcolm but Hoover stood bye and watched in the same room, that is the only exception

I think forum users forget KKK v Black Panthers that went on in sixties
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2021, 04:58:48 PM »

IIRC, at least a few of them did. Fairly sure some also bought knives, baseball bats and pepper spray.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2021, 05:04:43 PM »

If you want to consider it a coup attempt, then it was possibly the single most incompetent one in history.

Step 3: Go to the actual grounds, hang up a Trump flag, steal some things, go to Representatives offices and take pictures and steal some documents.

I have still yet to hear anyone explain something that could fit under Step 4 that would've led to Step 5 actually occurring.

I actually agree with your analysis here, but really all that does is show how "insurrection" is just as silly and infantile a designation as "attempted coup."
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2021, 05:18:20 PM »

I'm sure some of them thought that they could directly or indirectly intimidate members of Congress into overturning the election.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2021, 06:24:45 PM »

I'm sure some of them thought that they could directly or indirectly intimidate members of Congress into overturning the election.

They might've thought that but even that was an extreme misunderstanding of how the Electoral Count Act works, also the idea that they could basically hold Congress and Mike Pence hostage for 2 hours per challenged state is pretty laughable.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2021, 09:52:02 PM »

I actually agree with your analysis here, but really all that does is show how "insurrection" is just as silly and infantile a designation as "attempted coup."

The "insurrection" Narrative gets sillier every day.  But it's an essential propaganda tool, so it'll be kept alive for as long as possible.

We've gotten to the point where the only person that died was Ashli Babbitt, killed by a police officer under circumstances that the left seems royally uninterested in.  Plus a few that died of health conditions.  That includes Officer Sicknick who was NOT killed by a Trump Supporter Wielding a Fire Estinguisher (which was a lie).  Nor was he killed by "Bear Spray".  I'm not signing off on what happened on January 6th, but it was not an "Insurrection".  Ron Johnson is right on this subject, and I'm glad he's not going along with stuff and nonsense.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2021, 10:19:08 PM »

The "insurrection" Narrative gets sillier every day.  But it's an essential propaganda tool, so it'll be kept alive for as long as possible.

We've gotten to the point where the only person that died was Ashli Babbitt, killed by a police officer under circumstances that the left seems royally uninterested in.  Plus a few that died of health conditions.  That includes Officer Sicknick who was NOT killed by a Trump Supporter Wielding a Fire Estinguisher (which was a lie).  Nor was he killed by "Bear Spray".  I'm not signing off on what happened on January 6th, but it was not an "Insurrection".  Ron Johnson is right on this subject, and I'm glad he's not going along with stuff and nonsense.

Do you even know the history of Proud Boys or QANON or KKK apparently not, Right Militia Groups since the sixties kill people and they intended to hurt politicians, that was their intentions.

Left Militia Groups have always been peaceful, the Black Panthers weren't but that was the only exception, it was an Insurrectionists, if Left Militia Groups, stormed the capital, Rs would have provided a Select Committee like they did on Benghazi
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2021, 10:32:58 PM »

...Seriously???
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies