South Dakota-AG: Ravnsborg out
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:04:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  South Dakota-AG: Ravnsborg out
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: South Dakota-AG: Ravnsborg out  (Read 611 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 02, 2022, 03:25:38 PM »

https://www.dakotanewsnow.com/2022/06/01/sources-ravnsborg-will-not-pursue-re-election-2022/

South Dakota Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg will not run for re-election in 2022, regardless of the outcome of his Senate impeachment trial.

Ravnsborg first won the office in 2018 after winning in a crowded state Republican convention race. He would go on to defeat Democratic nominee Randy Seiler in the November general election.

Ravnsborg’s tenure as Attorney General has been marred by a September 2020 crash where he struck and killed pedestrian Joe Boever with his car near Highmore. He later pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges that did not find him criminally responsible for Boever’s death. The South Dakota House of Representatives impeached him in April over the incident and the events that followed.

Ravnsborg did not respond to a request for comment on the matter. However, sources close to the matter tell Dakota News Now that since being impeached in the House, Ravnsborg has been telling Republican delegates and close confidants that he will not run for the office again in 2022, regardless of the outcome of the Senate impeachment trial later this month.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 10:23:21 AM »

Now that his career in politics is over, maybe he'll resume posting on here, LOL.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2022, 10:36:53 AM »
« Edited: June 03, 2022, 10:47:02 AM by Vice President and First Minister Scott 🇺🇦 »

Now that his career in politics is over, maybe he'll resume posting on here, LOL.

He certainly doesn't have a roadmap for future election victories, and this recent debacle could drive him back to the forum. Still, I feel like he'd get ran off the forum by hostile red avatars. It kills me how cruel people can be here sometimes, particularly those hacks who make drive-by attacks and refuse to even back up their assertions. So for that reason, I can see him hitting the brakes as far as anything political goes. But maybe he'll take that route anyway. Former posters who make surprise comebacks are generally hit-or-miss, though.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2022, 11:01:49 AM »

He certainly doesn't have a roadmap for future election victories, and this recent debacle could drive him back to the forum. Still, I feel like he'd get ran off the forum by hostile red avatars. It kills me how cruel people can be here sometimes, particularly those hacks who make drive-by attacks and refuse to even back up their assertions. So for that reason, I can see him hitting the brakes as far as anything political goes. But maybe he'll take that route anyway. Former posters who make surprise comebacks are generally hit-or-miss, though.

If he did return, it would undoubtedly lead to an unending series of posts in the same vein as above.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2022, 11:44:04 AM »

He certainly doesn't have a roadmap for future election victories, and this recent debacle could drive him back to the forum. Still, I feel like he'd get ran off the forum by hostile red avatars. It kills me how cruel people can be here sometimes, particularly those hacks who make  drive-by attacks and refuse to even back up their assertions. So for that reason, I can see him hitting the brakes as far as anything political goes. But maybe he'll take that route anyway. Former posters who make surprise comebacks are generally hit-or-miss, though.

Ha, ha, ha
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2022, 02:07:31 PM »

I think Virginia should preempt this and ban him, as homicide should violate the terms of service.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2022, 04:04:05 PM »

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: