Fairleigh Dickinson University: Kean(R) has a leg up on Bob Menendez(D)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:03:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Fairleigh Dickinson University: Kean(R) has a leg up on Bob Menendez(D)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Fairleigh Dickinson University: Kean(R) has a leg up on Bob Menendez(D)  (Read 17200 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: September 03, 2006, 09:36:53 AM »

all this talk about Menendez being corrupt yet no evidence or examples of Menendez actuually being corrupt.

Now I will ask, what has Menendez done that is corrupt?  Not someone he supported who turned out to be corrupt, but what has Menendez actually done that has been corrupt?  Examples please....  Not what did someone else do who Menendez was a supporter of, but what has Menendez actually done.Huh

Obviously you missed his "personal recommendation" of Zelema Farber.
Obviously you missed the building scandal
Obviously you missed the fact that he pushed helped push Codey out of the way, which hinders him among independents.

I give him about a 35% chance to win this race.
None of those suggest corruption. And according to those standards, many people you support would then be corrupt. Like Zulima Farber, many people do that all around the country and Corzine fired her. Cops do that all the time. Menendez probably isnt the only one who has a situation where federally funded businesses do business with them. Codey didnt want to run.

I thought you were joking before, but now I am assured.  The building scandal doesn't mean corruption?  Codey didn't want to run?

Wow, this is hysterical

The building scandal does not mean corruption and it is not illegal either. Codey did not want to run, in fact he refused because of family reasons and being in Washington.

I'm referring to Codey running for governor when Corzine pushed him out.
HOW DOES THE BUILDING SCANDAL NOT EQUAL CORRUPTION?

After seeing you have nothing to offer, I know give Menendez a 30% chance of winning, and a 40% shot of being changed on the ballot.
Conan
conan

« Reply #151 on: September 03, 2006, 09:37:01 AM »

The guns are coming to town: http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/jersey/index.ssf?/base/news-4/1157257937183140.xml&coll=1&thispage=2

"Other big names soon will follow. At least two possible GOP presidential contenders in 2008 -- Arizona Sen. John McCain and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani -- will also campaign for Kean this fall. And Menendez will stump with a pair of Democratic favorites, U.S. Sens. Ted Kennedy of Massachusetts and Barack Obama of Illinois."

"Menendez has a hefty advantage in fundraising. The most recent campaign finance reports -- released in July -- showed Menendez with $7.4 million in the bank, compared with Kean's $2.3 million."

"The money gap is, at the end of the day, a pretty big deal," said Duffy, of the Cook Report. She also noted that New Jersey Republicans have created a buzz in the past, only to fizzle out as the campaign kicked into high gear. "Have we ever seen (national) Republicans put in the kind of money they need to win in New Jersey?"

Bill Clinton has also held fundraisers and will probably campaign.

Proves my point and helps Kean,

Kean is bringing in the moderates, McCain and Guilliani, both loved in NJ
Menendez is bringing in the far-lefties, Obama and Kennedy, this is some great news for Kean!

BTW, I'm meeting him tomorrow, how do you pronounce his name, I've heard K-ee-n like bean, and C-a-n-e, like candy cane?

It's like Cane. Both McCain and Guiliani have come before and havent helped. Obama has come before too and Corzine won.
Conan
conan

« Reply #152 on: September 03, 2006, 09:38:12 AM »

Well, this race is over.  Score one for the GOP as Kean picks this up.

(You familiar with the Clinton Curse?)

Clinton has campaigned for and fundraised for tons of people who went on to win.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #153 on: September 03, 2006, 09:39:04 AM »

Well, this race is over.  Score one for the GOP as Kean picks this up.

(You familiar with the Clinton Curse?)

Clinton has campaigned for and fundraised for tons of people who went on to win.

The fact that he might come must make you sweat, but still you are 100% sure Menendez will win.
Conan
conan

« Reply #154 on: September 03, 2006, 09:41:28 AM »

all this talk about Menendez being corrupt yet no evidence or examples of Menendez actuually being corrupt.

Now I will ask, what has Menendez done that is corrupt?  Not someone he supported who turned out to be corrupt, but what has Menendez actually done that has been corrupt?  Examples please....  Not what did someone else do who Menendez was a supporter of, but what has Menendez actually done.Huh

Obviously you missed his "personal recommendation" of Zelema Farber.
Obviously you missed the building scandal
Obviously you missed the fact that he pushed helped push Codey out of the way, which hinders him among independents.

I give him about a 35% chance to win this race.
None of those suggest corruption. And according to those standards, many people you support would then be corrupt. Like Zulima Farber, many people do that all around the country and Corzine fired her. Cops do that all the time. Menendez probably isnt the only one who has a situation where federally funded businesses do business with them. Codey didnt want to run.

I thought you were joking before, but now I am assured.  The building scandal doesn't mean corruption?  Codey didn't want to run?

Wow, this is hysterical

The building scandal does not mean corruption and it is not illegal either. Codey did not want to run, in fact he refused because of family reasons and being in Washington.

I'm referring to Codey running for governor when Corzine pushed him out.
HOW DOES THE BUILDING SCANDAL NOT EQUAL CORRUPTION?

After seeing you have nothing to offer, I know give Menendez a 30% chance of winning, and a 40% shot of being changed on the ballot.

Maybe it would be corruption if Republicans didnt keep on watering down corruption legislation. It doesnt = corruption in that it is not illegal and he got market rate. They still rent the same building.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies