POLITICO: Kamala is more focused on being "the first Black VP than the first Asian VP"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:04:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  POLITICO: Kamala is more focused on being "the first Black VP than the first Asian VP"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: POLITICO: Kamala is more focused on being "the first Black VP than the first Asian VP"  (Read 496 times)
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 18, 2021, 05:48:38 PM »

POLITICO is bottom of the barrel trash.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 05:53:42 PM »

Slow news day
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2021, 05:53:45 PM »

This is what passes for serious criticism of a Democrat by the press these days.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2021, 05:55:26 PM »

So now Kamala's getting yelled at for not being intersectional enough?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2021, 05:59:41 PM »

I'm a harsh critic of Harris, and a lot of her racial identity gesturing is clear triangulation for me, but this is a joke. If she's too black, she's a traitor to Asians. If she's too Asian, she's a traitor to blacks. If she says she's a woman, she's a traitor to minorities. There will never be a scenario in which she can please every identity-obsessed faction within the Democratic Party.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2021, 06:04:32 PM »

I'm a harsh critic of Harris, and a lot of her racial identity gesturing is clear triangulation for me, but this is a joke. If she's too black, she's a traitor to Asians. If she's too Asian, she's a traitor to blacks. If she says she's a woman, she's a traitor to minorities. There will never be a scenario in which she can please every identity-obsessed faction within the Democratic Party.

Once again, you all cannot claim identity politics when the GOP does things like putting Tim Scott on TV to say that America is not a racist country while simultaneously becoming the party of white grievances.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2021, 06:07:12 PM »

Once again, you all cannot claim identity politics when the GOP does things like putting Tim Scott on TV to say that America is not a racist country while simultaneously becoming the party of white grievances.

You elevate whataboutism to an art form.
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2021, 06:27:03 PM »

Seen in my inbox: “ THIS WED: VP Kamala Harris and Simu Liu confirmed with Hillary Clinton, Lisa Ling, and more!”

Join AAPI Victory Alliance this Wednesday, May 19 for the first-ever AAPI Unity Summit and Afterparty. The APAHM Unity Summit, featuring Vice President Kamala Harris, is free and open to the public. Following the Summit is the APAHM Unity Summit Afterparty, with special guests Hillary Rodham Clinton, Lisa Ling, Richard Verma, and Simu Liu. More event details below!
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2021, 06:28:30 PM »

Honestly, the overly racial identity-obsessed in the Democratic party who actually care about Harris allegedly being not X or Y enough ought to pound sand. So stupid.
Don't they realize mixed-race people exist?
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2021, 07:05:23 PM »

I can't think of a more exhausting headline
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2021, 07:15:31 PM »

Yeah I'm as anti Harris as they come but this is just ridiculous. Ironic for the press that completely ignored her real issues for the past two and a half years.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2021, 07:15:46 PM »

Racist.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2021, 07:43:54 PM »

I never saw any articles that Obama was more focused on his African ancestry than his European ancestry despite the fact that Obama was raised mostly by his white grandparents.

Obama spent more time with his Indonesian stepfather than his biological father lol. So I guess Obama counts as the first Asian president, am I right?  Cheesy
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies