Draw a district challenge: Whites in 4th place
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:37:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Draw a district challenge: Whites in 4th place
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Draw a district challenge: Whites in 4th place  (Read 1518 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2021, 03:38:15 PM »

It might be possible if you use a lot of split precincts/census blocks, but since you can't build a CD that's more than ~25% Asian VAP in Georgia when focused on that group alone, this is about as close as you can probably get while making it relatively contiguous:

https://davesredistricting.org/join/72182ecd-d572-4107-a050-afdc10ba2a71

SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2021, 09:43:50 PM »

So I have maps for random personal projects and I just happened to make a map that was 1.5% white. There are more native americans then white people. I made this map a few weeks ago and just realized it. If you just added more Asians white's would almost be in last...

TBF A large amount of those Native Americans are Elizabeth Warren-style white people, as Dave's Redistricting App includes all American Indians, alone or in combination

However this doesn't take away from your achievement, nicely done!

They're Hispanic Natives...
_.
Abdullah
United States
P P P
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2021, 09:55:11 PM »

So I have maps for random personal projects and I just happened to make a map that was 1.5% white. There are more native americans then white people. I made this map a few weeks ago and just realized it. If you just added more Asians white's would almost be in last...

TBF A large amount of those Native Americans are Elizabeth Warren-style white people, as Dave's Redistricting App includes all American Indians, alone or in combination

Ethnically, yes a lot of the Hispanics have significant Native admixture

Talking Census, though, no, barely 4% of Hispanics called themselves Native (alone or in combination) when marking the census form. Way more White people did. Some other race was popular among Hispanics.

I guess it still counts at the end of the day but American Indians and Hispanic migrants with Native ancestry are very different groups with different histories, cultures, and voting patterns and wildly varying characteristics even wihin the group.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2021, 09:58:55 PM »

Talking Census, though, no, barely 4% of Hispanics called themselves Native (alone or in combination) when marking the census form. Way more White people did. Some other race was popular among Hispanics.

I guess it still counts at the end of the day but American Indians and Hispanic migrants with Native ancestry are very different groups with different histories, cultures, and voting patterns and wildly varying characteristics even wihin the group.

There are no White People in this District. As you can see, most of the Natives are also counted as Hispanics, that's why the figures add up to greater than 100%.
_.
Abdullah
United States
P P P
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2021, 02:07:33 PM »

There are no White People in this District. As you can see, most of the Natives are also counted as Hispanics, that's why the figures add up to greater than 100%.

Ah, that's right
I stand corrected
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2021, 05:50:42 AM »

It's worth noting that plenty of West Coast cities--Seattle, Los Angles, and Phoenix most notably--have substantial Native-only identifying populations. Obviously nothing like 5-10% of the population, but still a couple hundred thousand people. Seattle in particular has a big Alaska Native population.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies