Will Trump run again for President for the 2024 election?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:15:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Will Trump run again for President for the 2024 election?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: Will Trump run again for President for the 2024 election?  (Read 1074 times)
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 17, 2021, 04:00:46 PM »

It will be interesting to see the results of this one both now, and in the future as a snapshot of conventional wisdom at the time. 
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 04:03:10 PM »

I don't think he will.

If he does, obviously the nomination is his but I strongly doubt that he'll go for another campaign when there are other more fun things he can be doing which will make him more money, especially with his unpopularity and the high chance he has of losing.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 05:16:39 PM »

No, & it's frankly obvious: he's not actually preparing to legitimately run again so much as just teasing his base in order to raise money from (read: grift money off of) them.

For one thing, we already saw Trumpworld backtrack from an "immediate Inauguration Day announcement" (remember that?) to "not making any kind of announcement anytime soon" to "summer 2023, we promise!" For another, even if that in & of itself didn't exactly bode well for another run, I don't see the guy who never really wanted to be President to begin with (it's well documented at this point that he only ran at the outset to try & hype-up his brand, & that he never expected to actually get as far as he did) & then hated being President each & every single day of his term but only stuck around because being an incumbent offered him temporary legal immunity & because he considers quitting to be an even weaker attribute than losing voluntarily trying again when he can just as easily grift off of teasing the base with the prospect of a run without ever actually having to mount another run.

Not to mention, he could very well be too busy being entangled by a bunch of legal disputes (e.g., the Manhattan D.A. at the very least) & debt collections to actually have the time to focus on another run even if he wanted to (which, again, he doesn't).
xavier110
United States
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 05:33:21 PM »

Yes. Duh
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2021, 05:50:40 PM »

It's a coin flip. There's too much that can happen with him between now and 2024 to say for sure. Though I have a hunch that he may very well, I don't think anything will really stop him.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2021, 07:07:55 PM »

Toomey, Paul Ryan, Hogan and Liz Cheney just said they dont want Trump as Prez or the Nominee
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2021, 08:40:52 PM »

Maybe.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2021, 02:51:16 PM »

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2021, 05:15:32 PM »

Not sure, but my guess would be yes, even if he doesn't actually want to be president again. It's all about the attention, the rallies, and the grift.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2021, 05:33:22 PM »

It really depends on 2022 if Rs successful in Midterms he probably runs but if they're not, he probably passes and give it to DeSantis or if Charlie Crist beats DeSantis, someone else

Eric Trump said that on Hannity, that Trump return is dependent on Rs taking Congress
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2021, 05:38:31 PM »

I'm conflicted here on whether Trump will end up teasing a run to grift or actually go through with another campaign. I think many people underestimate how alluring the trappings of the presidency are to him and the influence he would have as leader of the party.

The nomination is his for the taking if he does end up running, though.
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2021, 06:11:38 PM »

If he's a free man I'd be shocked if he didn't run and shocked if he didn't win the nomination. But he won't be a free man by 2024.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies