True or false: No Republican will ever win CA ever again? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:15:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  True or false: No Republican will ever win CA ever again? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: True or false: No Republican will ever win CA ever again?  (Read 2405 times)
Literally Just a Contrarian
KyrstenSinemaFan
United States

« on: May 17, 2021, 11:55:08 AM »
« edited: May 17, 2021, 12:02:01 PM by Chuck Grassley/Kyrsten Sinema Stan »

Look, even if the GOP wins a plurality (if not a majority) of Hispanics and does better with Asians even, white liberals in the Bay Area and SoCal will ensure that CA isn’t within 15-20 points.

KyrstenSinemaFan
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 12:33:46 PM »
« Edited: May 20, 2021, 12:38:06 PM by Deliberate Contrarian »

It's possible. One option is shifting coalitions to put the Hispanic vote more heavily within the Republican column.

I’ve said this before, but even if CA Hispanics start voting like FL/TX Hispanics, white liberals who are still in the state and particularly in the Bay Area will mean that it still ain’t gonna be within 15 for the time being.

CA going red would require the population of the Bay Area in particular to change their way of voting drastically, and I don’t know how that happens any time soon. I can absolutely see SoCal trending/swinging red (including LA) and most of the non-Bay Area parts swinging right too, but the Bay itself swinging right would require a massive population change or a re-alignment of sorts.
KyrstenSinemaFan
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 02:54:26 PM »

It's possible. One option is shifting coalitions to put the Hispanic vote more heavily within the Republican column.

I’ve said this before, but even if CA Hispanics start voting like FL/TX Hispanics, white liberals who are still in the state and particularly in the Bay Area will mean that it still ain’t gonna be within 15 for the time being.

CA going red would require the population of the Bay Area in particular to change their way of voting drastically, and I don’t know how that happens any time soon. I can absolutely see SoCal trending/swinging red (including LA) and most of the non-Bay Area parts swinging right too, but the Bay itself swinging right would require a massive population change or a re-alignment of sorts.

Why are white people in the Bay Area so stubbornly democratic?

I don’t know, I don’t live there, though I lived 3 hours away from the Bay at one point.

I should ask this question to someone on here from there.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies