HB 30-02: Claiming Unclaimed Land Act in the Danube (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:14:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 30-02: Claiming Unclaimed Land Act in the Danube (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HB 30-02: Claiming Unclaimed Land Act in the Danube (Debating)  (Read 664 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« on: May 15, 2021, 10:00:07 PM »

This bill will allow Atlasia to claim the only unclaimed land in the world, and I hope that this house will support this bill and vote Aye.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 09:29:06 PM »

This bill will allow Atlasia to claim the only unclaimed land in the world, and I hope that this house will support this bill and vote Aye.
Shouldn't Atlasia instead recognize the government of Liberland? We're not the first ones to claim it.
We weren't the first people to claim Bir Tawil, but we claimed it anyways. I'd support recognizing Liberland if this bill fails.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 02:17:04 PM »

The most powerful nation in the world staking a claim is another matter altogether, and while Bir Tawil was arguably located in a more unstable region I have my concerns about how this move will be justified (aside, of course, from the novelty of it).
It is justified because it is the only unclaimed land in the world, and since Atlasia and it's predecessor, the United States has a long history of claiming unclaimed land across the world, and we should make unclaimed land history. Should Croatia/Serbia want it, I will withdraw the bill.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 02:25:20 PM »

No reason to claim this land. It also forces us to defend land in a region that's far away from our mainland. Do we even know for sure that there are no current residents there? I'm not supporting this bill and can't see myself doing it even with some modifications.
It is very unlikely that we would have to defend land, and there are Atlasian military bases in Europe, and there are no current residents there because it is mostly covered by forests and the only house has been abandoned for around 30 years.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2021, 04:11:39 AM »

Voting Aye if OBD can start the vote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length