1956: nixon dumped. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:05:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  1956: nixon dumped. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1956: nixon dumped.  (Read 8047 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: August 28, 2006, 01:03:06 PM »

Oh yes, JFK was so horrible, which is why he is so popular today.

He's only so popular b/c of the assissination, he screwed up Bay of Pigs so bad and his family is the most corrupt in the world.  And public opinion is very high of some awful people.  I don't think there are too many public opinion polls generating his approval level.  Lee Harvey Oswald (or whoever) saved America from going down a path that would have lead to a communist takeover.

Yes, Bay of Pigs was a localised disaster, but the Cuban Missile Crisis and the level headedness of the administration and the President probably accounts for the fact that most of us are actually here today Smiley
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 02:33:22 PM »
« Edited: August 28, 2006, 02:42:21 PM by afleitch »

I'm just curious - what disasterous mistakes - the Nuclear Test Ban Treaty? The Hotline to Moscow which helped bring in Detente under Nixon?

On Bush - by November 2001 - Iraq rumblings were starting to be heard and I started to get nervous. You can't accept that I complemented Bush on his handling of the national trauma of 9/11 and you reduce any complements of JFK to "mediocre"... during one of the most dangerous periods in the history of the world. I assume that you would have agreed with the Chiefs of Staff and invaded Cuba and called Krushchev's bluff?

Saying Bush would've done what any president would is not a compliment in fact it is the definition of "mediocre".  Kennedy was killed before he had the chance to do any real harm.

I'm sure Jackie in her blood stained brain splattered pink dress and their young children were also relieved you sick ba----d Angry You can disagree with a man like Jack Kennedy's policies and the way he conducts his life, but by god don't revel in his death.

EDITl: Apologies for the profanity. From one relative conservative to another, I hate the fact you keep picking the most 'conservative' positions by default without thinking about them, no matter who you push down in the dirt or offend.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 02:59:53 PM »

The only people I wish death on are al-Qaeda members, unlike most Democrats who wish death on Bush.

See this is what I mean. This is why I can't take anything you say seriously, no matter how much you say you believe in it. Democrats either in the mainstream or in this forum do not wish death on Bush, what a strange and unfounded accusation to make. It shows not only a lack of knowledge but also a lack of maturity if you can do is hurl around school yard insults.

Winfield, Apologies, i'm posting this here because I had started it before you replied Smiley It's my final post on the matter.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies