What requirements would you add/remove to running for the presidency? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:43:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  What requirements would you add/remove to running for the presidency? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What requirements would you add/remove to running for the presidency?  (Read 2083 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: June 03, 2021, 05:50:19 PM »

My general philosophy in this regard is (with a few exceptions) that there should be as few requirements as possible - people can make the decision for themselves. If they want to elected a twenty-seven-year-old born in Malta for president three times, so be it. On the other hand, I would add the following requirement:
  • You must release at least 5 years of tax records.
  • You must release all criminal records.
The reason I'd add those requirements is because I believe that people choosing has two sides to it: one, that there are no constiutional limits on whom they can vote for (see above) and two, that they are not being deprived of vital information that may help them make their decision. For example, you may want to vote for a twenty-seven-year-old born in Malta to three terms, but first, you should have the knowledge of how much money they are paying in taxes.

Following the above philosophy, I would remove/modify these requirements:
  • You must be born in the United States.
  • You may not serve more than 10 years as president.
  • You must be at least 35 years old (I would make 35 eighteen, the age at which one becomes an adult)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies