Is Israel or Palestine in the right?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:14:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Is Israel or Palestine in the right?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Who do you believe is in the right?
Israel

Palestine

Neither

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 100

Author Topic: Is Israel or Palestine in the right?  (Read 3158 times)
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 11, 2021, 12:17:42 PM »

Question speaks for itself.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 12:40:34 PM »

The actual answer is obviously much more complicated than this, but since we live in a country where "nuance" is a four-letter word I'll just say neither.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 06:45:17 PM »

The actual answer is obviously much more complicated than this, but since we live in a country where "nuance" is a four-letter word I'll just say neither.

One of the top 5 Dule posts.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 07:12:42 PM »

One of the top 5 Dule posts.

For the record, my initial instinct was to make a joke that Israel was just state-sponsored gentrification (and that's a good thing). Just so you know I don't intend to make a habit of being reasonable.
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 07:52:37 PM »

The Greatest Sin of the Allies was not carving the Jewish state out of the remnants of Nazi Germany in the heart of Europe.

Like, say, Rheinland-Pflalz and Baden-Wurtemburg.  

Seems like a pretty fair trade-off for 6 million bodies.  

It's a sheer tragedy of humanity I wasn't a Supreme Allied Commander back in the 1940s. 
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2021, 07:54:02 PM »

The Greatest Sin of the Allies was not carving the Jewish state out of the remnants of Nazi Germany in the heart of Europe.

Wouldn't Kaliningrad have been more obvious?
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2021, 08:05:24 PM »

Wouldn't Kaliningrad have been more obvious?

Too cold.  

The Jews are a warm-blooded race, and would enjoy the D of the 2.5 weeks of sunshine per year afforded to Southwest Germany. 
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2021, 08:10:40 PM »

Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2021, 09:05:10 PM »

It's a sheer tragedy of humanity I wasn't a Supreme Allied Commander back in the 1940s. 

There is absolutely no possible scenario where the Soviet Union does not take that small Jewish territory over soon enough, and no possible scenario where the Western world cares enough about Jews to risk WW3 over defending it.

The only scenario where the future of world Jewry is safe is the one where we carve our own borders and have the weaponry to defend them against anyone.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2021, 09:59:25 PM »

There is absolutely no possible scenario where the Soviet Union does not take that small Jewish territory over soon enough, and no possible scenario where the Western world cares enough about Jews to risk WW3 over defending it.

The only scenario where the future of world Jewry is safe is the one where we carve our own borders and have the weaponry to defend them against anyone.

Somehow Finland avoided the Iron curtain.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2021, 10:52:34 PM »

Palestine is socially right and Israel is economically right.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2021, 10:58:26 PM »

Palestine is socially right and Israel is economically right.

Palestine is socially conservative, Israel is economically conservative.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2021, 11:22:36 PM »

LEGO CITY does not recognize Israel as a legitimate state
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2021, 06:40:16 AM »

why would the Jews want to live surrounded by the people that just tried to murder them all?  Sure, the Arabs want(ed) to murder them all too, but they are a lot less competent than the Germans (and even more so in 1947).
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2021, 07:29:09 AM »

Israel has been far too tolerant of Palestine and it's culture of death for decades now.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2021, 07:44:35 AM »

Have to confess I am strongly pro-Israel.

Would rather live in an Israeli-led ideology than a Palestinian one.

Palestinians have been selling two sides of the same filthy coin for too long. Ultra-violent thugs governed by Iran.

But in specific answer to this thread, I have to say neither.

Once you start this chain reaction with groups of humans, it won't go away.

We are nasty savage beasts at the core and these particular savage beasts are not going to hold hands and walk into the sunset together any time soon.

Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2021, 10:27:22 AM »
« Edited: May 12, 2021, 10:39:37 AM by Velasco »

This thread and the replies are dumb, but the following is more than stupid

why would the Jews want to live surrounded by the people that just tried to murder them all?  Sure, the Arabs want(ed) to murder them all too, but they are a lot less competent than the Germans (and even more so in 1947).

Your claim that Arabs are like the Nazis, albeit less competent in exterminating the Jews, reveals you have a deeply racist mentality.

Moreover, this is intolerable. I beg moderators and everyone else to condemn this racist slur against the Arab people
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2021, 10:54:14 AM »
« Edited: May 12, 2021, 10:57:59 AM by Forumlurker »

They both suck.
Maybe the Italians should get the land since they rightfully owned it during the Roman Empire.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2021, 11:01:02 AM »

Israel has been far too tolerant of Palestine and it's culture of death for decades now.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2021, 12:26:50 PM »

What a contemptous and uninformed statement. You do realize over 600,000 Jews already lived in Israel by that point, right?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2021, 09:06:00 PM »

Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2021, 09:21:05 PM »

why would the Jews want to live surrounded by the people that just tried to murder them all?  Sure, the Arabs want(ed) to murder them all too, but they are a lot less competent than the Germans (and even more so in 1947).

Your claim that Arabs are like the Nazis, albeit less competent in exterminating the Jews, reveals you have a deeply racist mentality.

Moreover, this is intolerable. I beg moderators and everyone else to condemn this racist slur against the Arab people

I mean, the Palestinian leadership in the pre-1948 years were literally aligned with Nazi Germany, so I don't think you're going to get any action on that front.

It doesn't mean they're Nazis now, of course, but if they want to keep throwing out the "Israel is the new Nazis" blood libel, that boomerang's coming back around.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2021, 10:54:07 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2021, 10:59:59 PM by Velasco »

I mean, the Palestinian leadership in the pre-1948 years were literally aligned with Nazi Germany, so I don't think you're going to get any action on that front.

It doesn't mean they're Nazis now, of course, but if they want to keep throwing out the "Israel is the new Nazis" blood libel, that boomerang's coming back around.

I'm not talking about the Grand Mufti and I don't mind at all about Fuzzy Bear's nonsense or yours.

Speaking for myself. I have said that Israel is an apartheid state, like human rights organizations based in Israel and the US. However, I have never compared Israel to the Nazis. Moreover, I have had arguments more than once with people comparing apartheid in Israel-Palestine to the Holocaust. So please, don't talk to me of apples and oranges.

I don't think every Jew is Meir Kahane, Rabbi Smotrich or Benjamin Netanyahu. Why do you think every Palestinian is like Arafat or the Grand Mufti?

That poster nicknamed dead0man has compared the Arab people to the Nazis, not the Arab leadership by that time. I'm not going to discuss historical events here with you. Such statement is moronic and intrinsically racist. I know that guy is not  among the smartest folks here,  but maybe he will realize he's offending Arabs for no reason.

(I don't expect any action, actually. Otherwise I would have reported. Just wanted to highlight the racist and moronic aspects)
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2021, 07:57:21 PM »

I picked a rather reluctant Palestine vote.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2021, 09:29:25 PM »

I see this thread is going about as well as can be expected.

I agree with Dule, of course. Before the second or third round of elections I would have said Israel, barely, but since its main moral advantage over Palestine was being a more functional democracy, I've reluctantly stepped back from that assessment.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies