The notion that Kamala Harris is a weak candidate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:11:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The notion that Kamala Harris is a weak candidate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: The notion that Kamala Harris is a weak candidate  (Read 4124 times)
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2021, 07:39:41 AM »

Harris was literally responsible for turning what was supposed to be a landslide for her party into a close race last year, by turbocharging racist voter turnout. She is clearly weak.

Whaaat? There's no evidence Harris hurt Biden's electoral chances. The day she was announced as VP, but Biden broke records in small donations from all over the country. She also did well at the VP debate and helped to turn out black voters in GA.

LMAO no.

She came across as extremely whiny, similar to an annoying middle school English Teacher I’m sure we all had, and performed horribly, what are you talking about? There’s a reason the Biden campaign barely used her in the actual campaign itself.

Far from it. That's vibe with Warren. 

Yeah, and Warren is a terrible candidate too.
SInNYC

« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2021, 10:07:49 AM »

The thing that bugged me the most about her 2020 campaign (and she was originally one of my top 5 Ds)  was that she tried to giggle her way through any question needing any thought. Thats the behavior I expect of a  middle school student, not a serious contender for any office. And when she did answer, it was self-inconsistent soundbites.

Thats not on her staff, its on her. Most likely she has done that her entire life in easy elections, and whether she can/will change is of course the question.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2021, 10:10:20 AM »

Harris was literally responsible for turning what was supposed to be a landslide for her party into a close race last year, by turbocharging racist voter turnout. She is clearly weak.

Most takes on Harris here at Atlas are bad, but this... is flaming garbage.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2021, 10:13:35 AM »

That's ridiculous. It was a close race because polling was off and Trump has a unique appeal to low-turnout voters, Harris had nothing to do with it. Nobody voted for Trump because of Harris.
White evangelicals wouldn’t vote for a Black’s woman anyway.

Anyone who thinks like that would never vote for a Democrat anyway.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2021, 10:37:04 AM »

The thing that bugged me the most about her 2020 campaign (and she was originally one of my top 5 Ds)  was that she tried to giggle her way through any question needing any thought. Thats the behavior I expect of a  middle school student, not a serious contender for any office. And when she did answer, it was self-inconsistent soundbites.

Thats not on her staff, its on her. Most likely she has done that her entire life in easy elections, and whether she can/will change is of course the question.

Why are you going off of her 2019 campaign though when we have millions of examples of her answering questions since she was VP nominee in August 2020?

People here are acting like once shes done being VP for 4 whole years, the only relevant thing to go off of will still be here 2019 primary campaign.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2021, 10:45:06 AM »
« Edited: May 12, 2021, 11:11:48 AM by Josh Shapiro for Governor »

Whaaat? There's no evidence Harris hurt Biden's electoral chances. The day she was announced as VP, but Biden broke records in small donations from all over the country. She also did well at the VP debate and helped to turn out black voters in GA.

LMAO no.

She came across as extremely whiny, similar to an annoying middle school English Teacher I’m sure we all had, and performed horribly, what are you talking about? There’s a reason the Biden campaign barely used her in the actual campaign itself.

Now you're really just talking out of your ass. And by the looks of how many times you posted on this one thread, your hatred for her is a bit unhealthy.

Anyways, none of this is true. The campaign didn't "barely" use her. She hosted multiple high profile fundraisers, conducted several solo rallies and events, appeared during every campaign PSA, and took part in a couple of interviews with Biden himself. I don't think there's ever been a campaign that has been so willing to use the VP nominee as this one.

As for the debate, it is quite clear that she made a very favorable impression on the American people with her performance:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/harris-pence-vp-debate-poll/
tosk

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -2.96

« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2021, 11:01:15 AM »

LMAO no.

Now you're really just talking out of your ass. And by the looks of how many times you posted on this one thread, your hatred for her is a bit unhealthy.

Anyways, none of this is true. The campaign didn't "barely" use her. She hosted multiple high profile fundraisers, conducted several solo rallies, appeared during every campaign PSA, and took part in a couple of interviews with Biden himself. I don't think there's ever been a campaign that has been so willing to use the VP nominee as this one.

As for the debate, it is quite clear that she made a very favorable impression on the American people with her performance:

this comment about the debate is undoubtedly true. I personally thought pence wiped the floor with her, but I have an obvious bias, and the public seemed to think harris did well. She also has shown she can really wipe the floor in a debate, if you remember (some) of her performances in the primary.

Just because I dislike her doesn't mean she's unskilled.
Literally Just a Contrarian
KyrstenSinemaFan
United States

« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2021, 11:34:11 AM »

LMAO no.

Anyways, none of this is true. The campaign didn't "barely" use her. She hosted multiple high profile fundraisers, conducted several solo rallies and events, appeared during every campaign PSA, and took part in a couple of interviews with Biden himself. I don't think there's ever been a campaign that has been so willing to use the VP nominee as this one.

1) Literally every presidential campaign does that? I don’t remember Harris being used at all after the VP debate however. It was all Biden.

2) 538 polls for 2020 are automatically invalid due to their terrible sampling. Didn’t Nate Silver predict that Biden would win Wisconsin by double digits, Texas tilt and Florida lean?

You seriously expect me to believe that? Don’t insult my intelligence like that ever again.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2021, 01:54:19 PM »

Harris will pick Beshear as her running mate in 2028 and Beshear will win reelection and Biden won't be impeached by Rs in the H come 2022, D's are gonna be in the Majority

I heard on MSNBC that Biden Approvals aren't enough to hold H, yes it is
AlterEgo

« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2021, 03:01:29 PM »

LMAO no.

1) Literally every presidential campaign does that? I don’t remember Harris being used at all after the VP debate however. It was all Biden.

2) 538 polls for 2020 are automatically invalid due to their terrible sampling. Didn’t Nate Silver predict that Biden would win Wisconsin by double digits, Texas tilt and Florida lean?

You seriously expect me to believe that? Don’t insult my intelligence like that ever again.

538 doesn't take polls....Oh, never mind.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2021, 04:59:00 PM »

LMAO no.

538 doesn't take polls....Oh, never mind.

It turns out that intelligence has to be something that somebody actually has before it can be "insulted."
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2021, 07:51:24 PM »

D's only need 278 Harris can win just 278 every D Senate INCUMBENT IN SWING STATES IN SEN WON LANDSLIDES IN 2018, the weak link in Manchin who will probably lose to the R Redistricted out in WV since WVA since it's losing an EC

But, Manchin would only be on the Hot seat if D's don't keep the Trifecta and Filibuster reform in 2022

BALDWIN, Casey, Kaine, Sinema, Rosen, Stabenow are all favored in 2024, solidifies the blue wall, so even if DeSantis runs he will lose

The Election isn'is over in 2024 Biden isn't a 46% like Trump, the reason why Trump won was Gary Johnson spoiler in the rust belt

Our D Govs are at 51% in all three states and will be Reelected, Evers, Whitmer and Shapiro
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2021, 10:13:30 PM »

I mean she wouldn't be Mondale McGovern bad but she is clearly a weak candidate. She has no charisma and is not likable. Hillary is a stronger candidate in my opinion easily. I think DeSantis would have a decent shot of winning the popular vote against her depending on the economic situation and if things are not great.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2021, 10:20:25 PM »

I mean she wouldn't be Mondale McGovern bad but she is clearly a weak candidate. She has no charisma and is not likable. Hillary is a stronger candidate in my opinion easily. I think DeSantis would have a decent shot of winning the popular vote against her depending on the economic situation and if things are not great.

Mondale or McGovern wouldn't be Mondale or McGovern bad today because of polarization. And even without polarization, Dukakis would win with today's demographics.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2021, 12:18:04 AM »

LMAO no.

Lol what

If anything Harris reminds me of the charismatic, captivating professors I've had.

Warren is the kind-of-annoying middle school teacher, if anything.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2021, 06:34:28 AM »

That's ridiculous. It was a close race because polling was off and Trump has a unique appeal to low-turnout voters, Harris had nothing to do with it. Nobody voted for Trump because of Harris.
White evangelicals wouldn’t vote for a Black’s woman anyway.

Anyone who thinks like that would never vote for a Democrat anyway.
That group isn’t a swing demographic by any means.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2021, 07:04:53 AM »

"no charisma and not likable" ... the blatant sexism continues. Also just refutably false in terms of "likable" since we have had many favorability ratings.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2021, 01:20:33 PM »

She barely won her first statewide race in California.

She bombed in the presidential primaries with a group of voters eager to elect a woman of color.

Her main strength seems to be that the media is friendly to her.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2021, 04:42:32 PM »

She barely won her first statewide race in California.
She was running against an unusually popular Republican opponent in 2010.

She bombed in the presidential primaries with a group of voters eager to elect a woman of color.
This is not true at all especially considering the final 3 candidates left in the race were all white.
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2021, 05:30:35 PM »

1) Her electoral performances have been anywhere from mediocre to absolutely terrible in every prominent race in which she has been the candidate. In 2010 and 2014, she underperformed the average CA statewide D margin by double-digits.

This was not remotely true in 2014. She performed significantly better than Yee and Padilla, as well as slightly better than Newsom; she only ran behind Brown and Chiang.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2021, 07:29:30 PM »

LMAO no.

Lol what

If anything Harris reminds me of the charismatic, captivating professors I've had.

Warren is the kind-of-annoying middle school teacher, if anything.

Again, ouch.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2021, 10:04:13 AM »

1) Her electoral performances have been anywhere from mediocre to absolutely terrible in every prominent race in which she has been the candidate. In 2010 and 2014, she underperformed the average CA statewide D margin by double-digits.

This was not remotely true in 2014. She performed significantly better than Yee and Padilla, as well as slightly better than Newsom; she only ran behind Brown and Chiang.

To be fair though, Yee and Padilla weren't incumbents.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2021, 11:33:02 AM »

Harris' problem is she is perceived by most as part of the party's urban activist wing, unconcerned with economic issues and preoccupied by divisive social issues.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2021, 11:47:02 AM »
« Edited: May 14, 2021, 11:50:13 AM by ηєω ƒяσηтιєя »

Harris' problem is she is perceived by most as part of the party's urban activist wing, unconcerned with economic issues and preoccupied by divisive social issues.
Some people only think that way because she's a Black woman/WOC.

To the DSA progressive left - she's an "evil cop" that wants to incarcerate every Black & Latino person in America and to the MAGA lunatic right - she's a radical socialist that has "slept her way to the top". Just disgusting.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2021, 01:23:13 PM »

I understand that politician women have a much harder job to make people like them because misogyny, but I also think that pressure sometimes make them feel they need to rehearse much more than their own good in order to present themselves as more logical option and not emotional, as the sexist stereotype says.

Lots of men go through the same, especially if they’re a minority (see: Pete Buttigieg), but I think they would do much better if they let their passion show itself more often. In the end people vote with their hearts almost exclusively.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies