SR 30-06: Fifth Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia (Final Vote)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:13:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SR 30-06: Fifth Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia (Final Vote)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: SR 30-06: Fifth Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia (Final Vote)  (Read 1877 times)
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2021, 11:34:15 AM »

While I am sure there was a ton of debate behind the scenes and I trust Sestak's billwriting, it is weird (and somewhat worrying) to see the 5th constitution adopted with almost no debate compared to the whole concon for the 4th Tongue

This is not as substantial as a change or set of changes though. No reset, no changes to executive (minor alteration to VP), judiciary etc. The basic format of the constitution and most of the wording thus from the 2015 Con-con is being retained, with amendments to this point incorporated.

The major changes are legislative structure, the sub regions and the stricter limitations on strategic registration.

With that, a lot more people are hands off now and disengaged and while this would be worrisome in most cases, the realization that the changes are limited in scope is somewhat counter balancing and reassuring against that worry if that makes sense.

This is kind of like 2010, though there was a lot of attention placed on the strength of the text, mainly because of the number of problems in that area in the Second constitution.

Yeah and for those of us who do have minor concerns/preferences about doing things slightly differently, there's almost no reason to try to incorporate those when this is the result of an already-reached compromise.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2021, 11:45:37 AM »

While I am sure there was a ton of debate behind the scenes and I trust Sestak's billwriting, it is weird (and somewhat worrying) to see the 5th constitution adopted with almost no debate compared to the whole concon for the 4th Tongue
Believe me, I was a very tough negotiator. Very tough!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies