Which 2024 GOP nominee would overperform in (BUT NOT WIN) Hawaii, Vermont, or Washington DC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:45:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Which 2024 GOP nominee would overperform in (BUT NOT WIN) Hawaii, Vermont, or Washington DC
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: It goes without saying that the Republican Presidential candidate will not win HI, VT, or DC, but I am wondering if there is anyone who alone could cut the margins in these solid blue areas. DC went >90% for Biden, and HI and VT were close to 60%. The
Donald Trump

Ted Cruz

Tucker Carlson

Ron DeSantis

Brian Kemp

Tim Scott

Tom Cotton

Rand Paul

Mike Pence

Larry Hogan

Mike Lindell

Ben Carson

Greg Abbott

Dan Bongino

Mitt Romney

Mike Pompeo

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: Which 2024 GOP nominee would overperform in (BUT NOT WIN) Hawaii, Vermont, or Washington DC  (Read 1318 times)
Would vote for Hillary Clinton over Joe Biden.
UnvaccinatedNcircumcised
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 05, 2021, 04:28:17 PM »

As stated in poll.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 05:32:05 PM »

Hogan probably. Especially in D.C.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 09:15:05 PM »

Trump in Hawaii
Marco Rubio in Vermont
Nikki Haley in DC
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 12:08:44 PM »

If you are going to include someone like Hogan in this poll, might as well add Charlie Baker and Phil Scott too
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 08:47:39 PM »

Linda Lingle is probably the only Republican who can overperform in Hawaii.
Literally Just a Contrarian
KyrstenSinemaFan
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2021, 02:46:39 PM »

DeSantis would over-perform in Hawaii or California, but certainly not Vermont or Washington (he’s a bad fit for the latter two).

Hogan would over perform in Maryland and states with high levels of white college educated populations.

Trump would overperform in NY and Hawaii compared to other R’s again.

I don’t know about the others.
Would vote for Hillary Clinton over Joe Biden.
UnvaccinatedNcircumcised
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2021, 03:57:52 PM »

DeSantis would over-perform in Hawaii or California, but certainly not Vermont or Washington (he’s a bad fit for the latter two).

Thank you for your response. I am really interested to know why you think DeSantis, specifically, would overperform in Hawaii and California but not Vermont or Washington.
Socani
Rookie
Mexico
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2021, 06:18:39 PM »

Any Northeastern Republican: Sununu, Baker, Collins, etc. I think DeSantis could see better margins than Trump but still less than Bush Jr's margins in 2000 and 2004
Literally Just a Contrarian
KyrstenSinemaFan
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2021, 09:00:22 PM »

Thank you for your response. I am really interested to know why you think DeSantis, specifically, would overperform in Hawaii and California but not Vermont or Washington.

I can see DeSantis doing well with Hawaiian Natives and Asians (for Hawaii) and fairly well with Hispanics (for CA).

But I don’t really see him improving massively over Trump with the types of college educated progressive whites in Washington or Vermont. The best he does is not angering them to turnout against him as much as Trump did.

Also, I forgot that Washington has a lot of Hispanics and Asians, so I may reconsider that response.
Kamala's side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2021, 10:36:42 PM »

I can see DeSantis doing well with Hawaiian Natives and Asians (for Hawaii) and fairly well with Hispanics (for CA).

But I don’t really see him improving massively over Trump with the types of college educated progressive whites in Washington or Vermont. The best he does is not angering them to turnout against him as much as Trump did.

Also, I forgot that Washington has a lot of Hispanics and Asians, so I may reconsider that response.

Washington state (WA) voted more or less how I expected in 2020. WA didn't surprise me like CA, NV, NJ, NY, VA, TX, HI, etc. The heavily Latino and/or Asian parts of King County swung similarly to their Metro Portland counterparts.

I don't think there is a single GOP candidate who would overperform in all of HI, VT, and DC. I'm not even sure what appeal DeSantis would have with Native Hawaiians or Asians, outside of his environmental record and not having an #elitist Religious Right/neocon vibe.
Central Lake
Rookie
Canada

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2021, 03:49:37 PM »

I think a clarification is needed about if we are talking about Washington D.C or Washington state.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2021, 05:17:16 PM »

Hogan, probably.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies