MA-SEN 2024 Megathread: Still, She Persists (Pg. 1 - Warren running for re-election)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:58:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-SEN 2024 Megathread: Still, She Persists (Pg. 1 - Warren running for re-election)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: MA-SEN 2024 Megathread: Still, She Persists (Pg. 1 - Warren running for re-election)  (Read 1782 times)
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2021, 01:12:15 PM »

Hopefully Joe Kennedy III tries to get himself a Senate seat again and succeeds this time.

Agreed but he won’t. He respects Warren and they have a close relationship as she was his professor.

Markey on the hand is useless but the woke latte sippers were out in force
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2021, 01:14:37 PM »

Hopefully Joe Kennedy III tries to get himself a Senate seat again and succeeds this time.

Agreed but he won’t. He respects Warren and they have a close relationship as she was his professor.

Markey on the hand is useless but the woke latte sippers were out in force
No Markey is great and I loved when he thrashed Kennedy. But even Kennedy would be better than Warren.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2021, 01:18:54 PM »

I suppose she’s not as old as Chuck Grassley
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2021, 01:35:10 PM »

I would still welcome a primary challenger against her from the left, since her 2020 presidential campaign shows that she isn’t actually principled about her beliefs (and I would prefer someone as principled as Sanders).

That's insane. She's one of the most progressive Senators, why should anyone waste their money and resources challenging her?

Seriously. This is the second or third-most progressive senator in the Senate. I'm willing to bet that without her/her policy team pushing Biden, we wouldn't have things like universal pre-K in the national conversation now.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2021, 02:00:55 PM »

That and I honestly trust Warren more to build progressive representation downballot. See: her embrace of Jessica Cisneros vis-a-vis Bernie.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2021, 02:53:52 PM »

lol
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2021, 02:54:41 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2021, 04:32:31 PM by Roll Roons »

Why the hell do people care so much? Massachusetts honestly bores me to tears. In federal races, it's a f**king one party state full of idiot wokesters, and I don't know why people love talking about it on here and on Twitter.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2021, 02:55:49 PM »

Why the hell do people care so much? Talk of Massachusetts federal politics bores me to tears.

Primary politics are quite interesting to many of us who follow races in safe states/districts.
randomusername

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2021, 03:04:55 PM »

If Feinstein can still be around, why not Warren who actually contributes.

Eh, not exactly a fair equivalence: Warren suffers from no evident health issues, & serving a 3rd term would - in the event that she doesn't then seek a 4th term - see her leave office at only 81, compared to Feinstein, who's actually exhibiting signs of dementia, sought a 6th term at 85, & may very well seek a 7th at 91, if the existence of her 2024 campaign account is to be believed.

I wasn't slamming Warren and was using that to say why not Warren? If Feinstein who's turned into a complete liability go on at her condition, why not Warren who actually does contribute.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2021, 03:35:58 PM »

I would still welcome a primary challenger against her from the left, since her 2020 presidential campaign shows that she isn’t actually principled about her beliefs (and I would prefer someone as principled as Sanders).

Why? Her woke white liberal schtick (like saying Latinx and telling a nine yo he could vet the Education Secretary) annoys me to no end as someone who likes her economic ideas but people in MA eat that crap up.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2021, 04:26:10 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2021, 04:58:30 PM by MillennialModerate »

Why the hell do people care so much? Massachusetts honestly bores me to tears. In federal races, it's a f**king one party state full of idiot wokesters, and I don't know why people love talking about in on here and on Twitter.

While I share the annoyance of wokesters

Cause we’re the birthplace of American liberty
Cause it’s the home of the best education in the world (even if 9/1/2020 showed otherwise)
Cause it’s the home of the best medical care in the world
Cause it’s the home of the best sports teams, by far. Parades are annual occasions.
Cause were the home of the closest thing this country has ever had to royalty.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2021, 04:43:52 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2021, 04:47:14 PM by MR. KAYNE WEST »

Of course Warren is running she expects the D's to WIN IN 2022/ not lose and she said she will enact her agenda and Reparations for Afro American groups, were the only group to not get Reparations. Native Americans and Japanese got Reparations abd Per Capita, and Mcconnell knows it because he was there since 84 when Reagan passed it and he is the main one that says no Reperations

Coincidence, that Warren is in fact Native American and certain tribes get per capita, Navajo and Cherokee and she is Cherokee Native American, that's why she supports Reparations
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2021, 10:10:39 PM »

Why? Her woke white liberal schtick (like saying Latinx and telling a nine yo he could vet the Education Secretary) annoys me to no end as someone who likes her economic ideas but people in MA eat that crap up.

LOL you seriously think people in Boston all say Latinx? I bet saying it somewhere like Southie or Charlestown would get you at best quite confused reactions.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2021, 10:39:24 PM »

LOL you seriously think people in Boston all say Latinx? I bet saying it somewhere like Southie or Charlestown would get you at best quite confused reactions.

Yeah, this idea that Massachusetts is wall-to-wall Prius-driving Terry Gross enjoyers is a stereotype that nobody who actually lives here subscribes to.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2021, 10:45:58 PM »

Southie is pretty gentrified by now so I assume the type of people there are at least familiar with it even if they don't say it.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2021, 11:01:06 PM »

Southie is pretty gentrified by now so I assume the type of people there are at least familiar with it even if they don't say it.

Very few people in general say it. Even in my part of Minneapolis I don't know anyone who uses woke speak. My theory is that the people who say stuff like that spend all their time on Twitter because they're too emotionally fragile and high anxiety to really talk outside of there.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2021, 11:01:14 PM »

Why the hell do people care so much? Massachusetts honestly bores me to tears. In federal races, it's a f**king one party state full of idiot wokesters, and I don't know why people love talking about in on here and on Twitter.

Cause it’s the home of the best education in the world (even if 9/1/2020 showed otherwise)
Cause it’s the home of the best sports teams, by far. Parades are annual occasions.

Your strange king-hero worship for an above average political family is weird.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2021, 05:43:16 AM »

Not really.

An Irish catholic Bostonian family with good looks, charm, wit and despite enormous privilege has consistently dedicated themselves to the betterment of the country. With not 1, not 2 but 3 of them
giving their life for our country. It makes perfect sense.
Just the facts
Rookie
Spain

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2021, 06:01:28 AM »

Signs that you're turning into a monarchy:

1) Your politicians have Roman numbers next to their names

beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2021, 06:08:30 AM »

Signs that you're turning into a monarchy:

1) Your politicians have Roman numbers next to their names

Well not really, considering he lost. He only has numerals because he shares a forename with his ancestors anyway.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2021, 01:30:13 PM »

Not really.

An Irish catholic Bostonian family with good looks, charm, wit and despite enormous privilege has consistently dedicated themselves to the betterment of the country. With not 1, not 2 but 3 of them

Ok and
gerritcole
goatofalltrades

« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2021, 01:33:55 PM »

Kennedy should primary her
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2021, 02:19:03 PM »

The amount of online 'progressives' who seem to have turned on the most effective policy maker we've had in decades for the crime of not being Bernie Sanders is ridiculous.

Anyway, not much to see here, she cruises to reelection, though I hope that entitled Kennedy boy tries, because everytime a 'youthful, energetic' empty suit loses an angel it's wings.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2021, 02:22:19 PM »

Realistically her primary challenger would probably be a Seth Moulton-type instead of someone more progressive (Kennedy/Pressley also would never challenge her), which is...not ideal.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2021, 05:03:11 PM »

Not really.

Ok and

and when you have someone who is part Irish, with catholic roots, from the Boston areas with political beliefs that land on the spectrum around roughly where old fashioned Dems were ... it makes a lot of sense that I’d be particularly supportive of them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies