Any parting thoughts about Trump's reign as president?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:10:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Any parting thoughts about Trump's reign as president?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Any parting thoughts about Trump's reign as president?  (Read 2363 times)
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2021, 07:14:49 PM »

Here is something I wonder about. How has trump's time in office with all his negativity affected our children?

The crap that comes out of his mouth, the pure bile....what did that do to poor innocent ears?
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2021, 09:47:32 PM »

I can't, I would get banned.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2021, 10:32:16 PM »

Bad president.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2021, 02:12:20 AM »

Trump has left the R party in the same shape as Bush W when the D's hold the Trifecta, there isn't gonna be any 2010 Environment, in 2022, the difference between the two yrs is that most of our D Govs in IL, PA, MI and WI were term limited, Rendell, Granholm and Doyle and Rs like Walker, Corbett and Synder became Gov and sweep new R reps in those states

Our D Govs in the Rust belt are gonna win a second term and hold our gains since 2018
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2021, 05:50:57 AM »
« Edited: May 09, 2021, 04:31:58 PM by Monstro Doesn't Say Anything Interesting »

Here is something I wonder about. How has trump's time in office with all his negativity affected our children?

The crap that comes out of his mouth, the pure bile....what did that do to poor innocent ears?

As far as their "poor innocent ears", they've heard far worse on the playground & Youtube videos.

As for how it's affected them, he's pretty much turned an entire generation or two of young people into Berniecrats. It's almost impressive how much the GOP has actively driven away young people for the last 15-ish years. The next 20 years of politics will be fascinating, especially if Sanders ends up becoming to the Democrats what Goldwater was to the Reagan Revolution.

EDIT: Hopefully I didn't light a powder keg by mentioning Bernie
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2021, 06:41:04 AM »

I'm glad it's over. Let's never do that again.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2021, 09:46:32 AM »

One of the most tragic and upsetting news stories in recent memories was the revelation that Trump would survive when he caught covid
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2021, 10:14:01 AM »
« Edited: May 09, 2021, 10:26:34 AM by Torie »

Sometimes when it comes to a person who has had a negative impact on the public square, one can posit that the person was just the messenger or spear carrier for a cohort of voters, and that if it had not been that person, it would have been someone else, i.e., the chap was relatively fungible. I don't think that is the case with Trump. Sure he was propelled by the alienation of non cosmopolitan non college educated largely but not exclusively white voters, but his willingness to break any law, and make any lie, that he thought was in his self interest that he could get away with, I think is pretty sui generis for someone who actually got elected POTUS, and indeed came close to getting reelected, reflecting his very substantial talents a demagogue.

I also think just like PCB's in the water, his toxicity will have a very long half life, and the gang of Pub crazies that he has enabled will not soon fade away. He has done so much to degrade the norms of civil  discourse and conduct in the public square, in both parties.

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2021, 11:20:36 AM »

Why did something like Bridgegate hurt Chris Christie more than any of Trump’s scandals hurt him?

Shame is a necessary component of the mainstream media's "gotcha" game.

The media can only police public figures as much as public figures care what the media has to say about them.  That's one revolutionary aspect of Trump's use of social media - his public image and communications strategy is completely divorced from established media channels that have long enforced the bounds of what "acceptable" political behavior is.

It is no coincidence that the people most ardently opposed to Trump (i.e., the media class) are also the ones who have the most to lose from his style of politics being normalized.  They are really just lamenting the loss of their preferred station in the discourse.
Ah yes I forgot it’s the media that is responsible for making things like stacking the government with your kids, using campaign money to payoff your mistress, and simping for foreign adversaries bad 🙄
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2021, 11:28:32 AM »
« Edited: May 09, 2021, 01:50:23 PM by MR. KAYNE WEST »

The Ds made such a big deal about Indicting Trump, he is still free and so are Hawley and Cruz whom participated in the Insurrectionists, I don't really care about them going to jail, but it leaves Trump to monkey in the 2022 election and Guiliani is going on Fox news to talk about Hunter. If D's don't keep the H a Special Counsel will be appointed or calls for one will be deafening by the Conservative Judicial watch, whom were responsible for Lewinsky
EngDawg2020
Rookie

« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2021, 02:43:02 PM »

Agreeded
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2021, 04:18:13 PM »

As far as their "poor innocent ears", they've heard far worse on the playground & Youtube videos.

As for how it's affected them, he's pretty much turned an entire generation or two of young people into Berniecrats. It's almost impressive how much the GOP has actively driven away young people for the last 15-ish years. The next 20 years of politics will be fascinating, especially if Sanders ends up becoming to the Democrats what Goldwater was to the Reagan Revolution.

Instead of Bernie, I hope they become Bidencrats. Bernie has faded from front center stage.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2021, 03:49:38 PM »

Basically gave liberals free reign to embrace the neoconservatives. Accomplished nothing of note, but basically eviscerated the American left by getting them to simp for the CIA, military-industrial complex, wall street, etc.

And now we have stuff like this.

In fairness, anyone involved in journalism during the past over 50 years should expect item number two to be hardly unknown, and item number one to be commonplace.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies