Will Florida, North Carolina or Texas be contested by Democrats in 2024 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:50:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Will Florida, North Carolina or Texas be contested by Democrats in 2024 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will Florida, North Carolina or Texas be contested by Democrats in 2024  (Read 1228 times)
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« on: May 08, 2021, 10:13:29 PM »

My god, if Atlas was your sole source of election news you’d think Rs won Florida by double digits last fall. At this rate Ds will triage themselves below 270 EV/50 Senators/218 House Reps.

I don’t expect to win any of those 3 states however the incumbent advantage inherently means you should be playing to expand the map. Every dollar the GOP spends in Florida or Texas is one not spent in Michigan, PA, Wisconsin, or GA.
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 07:31:06 PM »

Yes to NC. Maybe in TX. If we have any sense, then no to FL. And hopefully 2020 was finally the death knell for the "Don't Sleep on OH!" crowd.

The Biden camp almost completely abandoned FL in the early summer but there were enough CW politicos on the campaign/in the party apparently to pull them back from the brink of making a correct decision.

I don’t expect to win any of those 3 states however the incumbent advantage inherently means you should be playing to expand the map. Every dollar the GOP spends in Florida or Texas is one not spent in Michigan, PA, Wisconsin, or GA.

In the context of high-profile national campaigns at least, I really don't get this mindset. It also means that every dollar Democrats are spending in these states is one not being spent to defend MI, PA, WI or GA.

Point taken. The classic example I think of is Bush 04 campaigning in PA to force Kerry to play defense because he knew was done without it. I think Florida without it the GOP is burnt. You know the situation down there better than me so if it's that bad then they should avoid throwing into the money-pit

Also with the trends in the rural big 3 Rust Belt states you're absolutely right they're gonna be a fight for every inch in 2024. PA/WI/MI are gonna be on a tight rope, up to Ds to increase their gains in Philly/Detroit/Grand Rapids/Milwaukee metros.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies