FT 19.15 Rape Kit Processing Act (Statute) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:20:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FT 19.15 Rape Kit Processing Act (Statute) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FT 19.15 Rape Kit Processing Act (Statute)  (Read 427 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« on: May 09, 2021, 03:39:11 PM »

Been reading up on this issue as I wasn't really aware of it - the scale of it alone is both disturbing and rather horrific on its implications -, and I would congratulate the sponsor for raising the exact type of issue that's likely to go unnoticed while warranting vigorous action.

I do wonder, however, if it's enough to place this window of time supported by the use of fines. Clearly a big part of the problem comes from administrative mistakes and/or a lack of sufficient awareness, but from what I've been reading the problem is also associated to an excess of demand against what can actually be processed, even after federal funding (which we would assume to be OTL, as it took place pre-reset) seemed to be make a significant impact.

My first instinct is to try and be conservative with what we spend, but I think this specific bill might benefit from providing additional funding for equipment and personnel if the goal is to be met (after all, the last thing we can is for departments or agencies to merely pay the fines if they find it physically impossible to process all the evidence).

We may also want to consider some sort of mechanism to educate police departments and/or agencies on the importance of such kits, as apparently some are not processed because some members of law enforcement might genuinely (and mistakenly) believe them not to be necessary if there's other evidence or suspects available.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 10:45:57 PM »

Aye!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies