Shelley Berkley: People on the far left as antisemitic as Nazis
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 02:57:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Shelley Berkley: People on the far left as antisemitic as Nazis
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Shelley Berkley: People on the far left as antisemitic as Nazis  (Read 3685 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2021, 03:12:54 AM »

I know I speak for a majority of Jewish users here, when I say thank you to the users on the forum that recognize that antisemitism comes from multiple angles (ideologically and otherwise) and that antisemitism should not be used as a political weapon.

Far-right antisemitism, far-left antisemitism, Islamic antisemitism, and all other forms of antisemitism, continue to plague the world - including here in the United States.

This. All thr leftists here who choose to ignore left wing antisemitism must open their eyes. Yes, the left hasn't shot up any synagogue, but it is a documented and proved fact (even ig some people unfortunately don't want to listen to the lived experience of Jews who had to leave the party because of it) that the Labour party under Corbyn- even if you don't believe he himself hates Jews- became an extremely toxic place for Jews. Two US Congresswomen shared an anti-semitic caricature from a guy who won a holocaust caricature competition by the holocaust denying Iranian regime and they're still superstars on the left. And all across social media you can see how much antisemitism Jews face from leftists too. Wanna talk about why Anne Frank is trending?
You can say social media isn't real life, but it has profound influence on young people and we ignore it at our peril.
This is dumb because the amount of anti-Semitic liberals/leftists is exceedingly small. It’s like saying that we need to stop ignoring left-wing violence against dogs because one psychotic Bernie Bro assaulted a dog one time

Exactly. This is just gaslighting of progressives. The Washington Examiner called Bernie's campaign "the most anti-semitic in decades".
It’s so obvious that left-wing anti-semitism isn’t actually a problem in America (won’t comment on how it is in other countries due to a lack of knowledge with regards to that), but boy are red avatars itching to make it a problem so they can morally grandstand about it and then feel good about solving a problem that they made up.

I have seen an occasional anti-semitic comment from the left, but it's fairly rare.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2021, 03:17:14 AM »

I know I speak for a majority of Jewish users here, when I say thank you to the users on the forum that recognize that antisemitism comes from multiple angles (ideologically and otherwise) and that antisemitism should not be used as a political weapon.

Far-right antisemitism, far-left antisemitism, Islamic antisemitism, and all other forms of antisemitism, continue to plague the world - including here in the United States.

This. All thr leftists here who choose to ignore left wing antisemitism must open their eyes. Yes, the left hasn't shot up any synagogue, but it is a documented and proved fact (even ig some people unfortunately don't want to listen to the lived experience of Jews who had to leave the party because of it) that the Labour party under Corbyn- even if you don't believe he himself hates Jews- became an extremely toxic place for Jews. Two US Congresswomen shared an anti-semitic caricature from a guy who won a holocaust caricature competition by the holocaust denying Iranian regime and they're still superstars on the left. And all across social media you can see how much antisemitism Jews face from leftists too. Wanna talk about why Anne Frank is trending?
You can say social media isn't real life, but it has profound influence on young people and we ignore it at our peril.
This is dumb because the amount of anti-Semitic liberals/leftists is exceedingly small. It’s like saying that we need to stop ignoring left-wing violence against dogs because one psychotic Bernie Bro assaulted a dog one time

Exactly. This is just gaslighting of progressives. The Washington Examiner called Bernie's campaign "the most anti-semitic in decades".
It’s so obvious that left-wing anti-semitism isn’t actually a problem in America (won’t comment on how it is in other countries due to a lack of knowledge with regards to that), but boy are red avatars itching to make it a problem so they can morally grandstand about it and then feel good about solving a problem that they made up.

I have seen an occasional anti-semitic comment from the left, but it's fairly rare.
I’ve never actually seen a blatantly anti-Semitic comment from the left. I’ve seen leftists criticize Israel, and then Democrats say that the way they criticized it is anti-Semitic, but it’s impossible to prove whether or not they had anti-Semitic intention without reading their minds. I’ve also seen leftists attack the rich elites, and then have Dems call that anti-Semitic because obviously “rich elite” must mean Jewish person.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2021, 03:19:36 AM »

Who?
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2021, 03:24:01 AM »

I’ve never actually seen a blatantly anti-Semitic comment from the left. I’ve seen leftists criticize Israel, and then Democrats say that the way they criticized it is anti-Semitic, but it’s impossible to prove whether or not they had anti-Semitic intention without reading their minds. I’ve also seen leftists attack the rich elites, and then have Dems call that anti-Semitic because obviously “rich elite” must mean Jewish person.

Then there's nothing to talk about, right? You're just willfully ignorant and don't know what antisemitism is. You've been provided several concrete examples on this thread but choose to ignore them. Extremely shameful. You would never tell a black person or a Muslim or a lgbt person that you've never seen instances of discrimination against them despite them telling you otherwise. That alone shows your attitude about Jews.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2021, 03:33:59 AM »

The ones I've seen were accusing Jewish politicians of having dual loyalties to Israel. The overwhelming majority of gentiles in congress don't stand up to AIPAC either, so why single them out?
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2021, 03:46:44 AM »

Then there's nothing to talk about, right? You're just willfully ignorant and don't know what antisemitism is. You've been provided several concrete examples on this thread but choose to ignore them. Extremely shameful. You would never tell a black person or a Muslim or a lgbt person that you've never seen instances of discrimination against them despite them telling you otherwise. That alone shows your attitude about Jews.
Bruh there was like two examples provided. One was of Omar accusing American politicians of having their heads too far up Israel’s ass, and another was of a French politician accusing nefarious actors of weaponizing anti-Semitism against Corbin. The most problematic part of what he said was accusing Britain’s chief rabbi of being a part of the scheme to make Corbyn look like an anti-Semite, but attacking one influential person of a particular religion / religious belief doesn’t make you a hater of that religion and it’s people. If you attacked Richard Dawkins and called him an arrogant douche, does that make you an anti-atheist bigot? The problem is that people provide these examples and then don’t actually explain how they’re anti-Semitic. Just look at the two aforementioned articles. They briefly show what the person said, and then the rest of the article is filled with people saying that’s anti-Semitic, without actually ever explaining what makes it anti-Semitic.

Also, how about the guy in this very thread who is insinuating that any leftist who says “eat the rich” or attacks the rich in any way is obviously being anti-Semitic because clearly “rich person” = Jew. Why not call out this blatant stereotyping?
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2021, 03:48:25 AM »

The ones I've seen were accusing Jewish politicians of having dual loyalties to Israel. The overwhelming majority of gentiles in congress don't stand up to AIPAC either, so why single them out?
Was she talking about just Jewish American politicians? I don’t remember the article specifying. I assumed she was just saying a lot of US government officials are overly friendly to Israel
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2021, 03:55:45 AM »

Was she talking about just Jewish American politicians? I don’t remember the article specifying. I assumed she was just saying a lot of US government officials are overly friendly to Israel

I'm just talking about random online comments. That's the one anti-semitic thing I've seen from the left.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2021, 04:48:58 AM »
« Edited: May 08, 2021, 04:54:46 AM by Parrotguy »

Bruh there was like two examples provided. One was of Omar accusing American politicians of having their heads too far up Israel’s ass, and another was of a French politician accusing nefarious actors of weaponizing anti-Semitism against Corbin. The most problematic part of what he said was accusing Britain’s chief rabbi of being a part of the scheme to make Corbyn look like an anti-Semite, but attacking one influential person of a particular religion / religious belief doesn’t make you a hater of that religion and it’s people. If you attacked Richard Dawkins and called him an arrogant douche, does that make you an anti-atheist bigot? The problem is that people provide these examples and then don’t actually explain how they’re anti-Semitic. Just look at the two aforementioned articles. They briefly show what the person said, and then the rest of the article is filled with people saying that’s anti-Semitic, without actually ever explaining what makes it anti-Semitic.

Also, how about the guy in this very thread who is insinuating that any leftist who says “eat the rich” or attacks the rich in any way is obviously being anti-Semitic because clearly “rich person” = Jew. Why not call out this blatant stereotyping?

These literally are not the only examples provided. I literally mentioned a few blatant ones, and there are hundreds of others if you cared to do a basic google. How about the Sinn Fein MP who tweeted and retweeted a bunch of disgusting anti-semitic content including allegations that Hitler was a pawn of the Rothschild family? Just another example from the top of my head. How about the tens of thousands of likes blatantly anti-semitic leftist content gets on social media? Is Anne Frank trending because of deranged leftists who think she's a symbol of colonialism not anti-semitic? Hell, even the line many on the left have that the holocaust survivors and people fleeing persecution from many countries arriving at Israel during the Aliyahs from the 1890s to the 1950s were colonialists in service of the very white supremacism they were escaping- that line is plenty anti-semitic by itself.

And for 's sake, stop this pathetic attempt to minimize everything we say. Melenchon said that Mossad smeared Corbyn, that's blatantly anti-semitic.

This is going to be my last response to you because you clearly don't care what Jews have to say and what we experience. Think very hard why you treat us like that, and wouldn't even think of doing the same to black, Muslim and LGBT people for fear of getting cancelled (which is good, don't get me wrong!).
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2021, 04:49:42 AM »

ITT: two people talking about how little antisemitism they see on the left while ignoring Jews who tell them otherwise. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2021, 05:09:37 AM »

These literally are not the only examples provided. I literally mentioned a few blatant ones, and there are hundreds of others if you cared to do a basic google. How about the Sinn Fein MP who tweeted and retweeted a bunch of disgusting anti-semitic content including allegations that Hitler was a pawn of the Rothschild family? Just another example from the top of my head. How about the tens of thousands of likes blatantly anti-semitic leftist content gets on social media? Is Anne Frank trending because of deranged leftists who think she's a symbol of colonialism not anti-semitic? Hell, even the line many on the left have that the holocaust survivors and people fleeing persecution from many countries arriving at Israel during the Aliyahs from the 1890s to the 1950s were colonialists in service of the very white supremacism they were escaping- that line is plenty anti-semitic by itself.

And for 's sake, stop this pathetic attempt to minimize everything we say. Melenchon said that Mossad smeared Corbyn, that's blatantly anti-semitic.

This is going to be my last response to you because you clearly don't care what Jews have to say and what we experience. Think very hard why you treat us like that, and wouldn't even think of doing the same to black, Muslim and LGBT people for fear of getting cancelled (which is good, don't get me wrong!).

Are any of those "Democrats on the far left"? Of course we could argue whether Democrats on the far left exist, but that's a whole another topic.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2021, 12:39:48 PM »

There aren’t any other actual examples in this thread. It’s just people saying “I see anti-semitism on the left and it’s bad”. I don’t know anything really about the Sinn Fein MP, but if they said that, then yeah that’s anti-Semitic. As I said earlier though, I’m mainly talking about the American left since I don’t know that much about left wing politics in other countries. I’ve never actually seen any prominent leftist saying that colonist stuff before. Sounds like something a few weirdos on Twitter would say, and then it gets overreacted to and generalized as the entire left believing this.

I don’t see how criticizing Mossad automatically makes you anti-Semitic. Should it be immune to any attacks/criticism?

There was literally a Jewish person in this very thread saying that left-wing anti-Semitism isn’t really a big deal, so why is your opinion more valuable than theirs?
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2021, 12:54:38 PM »

There aren’t any other actual examples in this thread. It’s just people saying “I see anti-semitism on the left and it’s bad”. I don’t know anything really about the Sinn Fein MP, but if they said that, then yeah that’s anti-Semitic. As I said earlier though, I’m mainly talking about the American left since I don’t know that much about left wing politics in other countries. I’ve never actually seen any prominent leftist saying that colonist stuff before. Sounds like something a few weirdos on Twitter would say, and then it gets overreacted to and generalized as the entire left believing this.

I don’t see how criticizing Mossad automatically makes you anti-Semitic. Should it be immune to any attacks/criticism?

There was literally a Jewish person in this very thread saying that left-wing anti-Semitism isn’t really a big deal, so why is your opinion more valuable than theirs?

Ok, this is maybe sorta getting somewhere...

In America, the left is thankfully still mostly an ally to Jews. The worst I've seen came from Omar and Tlaib- for example, both sharing a caricature by a person who won an Iranian holocaust caricature competition (I realize I'm repeating myself but you chose to ignore my first post in this thread in its entirety), Tlaib spreading falsehoods about israel meant to fan flames, Omar using entirely unnecessary and charged rhetoric instead of criticizing Israel like a normal person (see Sanders), and more. But yeah, most of the American left is ok for now.

But, again as I mentioned in my first post here, social media is something we ignore at our peril. Blatant and alarming anti-semitism from the left getting tens of thousands of likes and retweets is real, I've seen it myself. This is gaining steam with the youth.

You can criticize Mossad all you want, but it's gaslighting to say Melenchon was criticizing mossad- he had no proof and no logical reason to accuse it of undermining Corbyn. He was using mossad as a stand-in for "sinister Jewish international cabal". He wasn't criticizing mossad because he had nothing to criticize mossad for, he was spreading blood libel to incite hatred against Jews.

As for Crane husband- I'm glad he feels left wing anti-semitism doesn't affect him, but to me he's like Tim Scott saying America doesn't have a problem with racism. You have to listen to Jews who say they DO experience and see left wing anti-semitism, and that's not just me.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2021, 02:46:20 PM »

This thread is bait. The actual quote paraphrased is "there are those on the far left that are just as anti semetic as on the right". No sh**t, there are extremely anti semetic people in every political group. It doesn't mean that it's a noteable percentage of the group.

Nothingburger. Next thread, please.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2021, 08:45:41 PM »

Note to the Corbynites - attributing the labour anti-semitism crisis to the machinations of a cabal of malign and devious Jews doesn't actually make you look better

Except nobody says that. More projection.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2021, 09:46:23 PM »

This thread is bait. The actual quote paraphrased is "there are those on the far left that are just as anti semetic as on the right". No sh**t, there are extremely anti semetic people in every political group. It doesn't mean that it's a noteable percentage of the group.

Agreed, this is bait. That may or may not have been intentional.

Antisemitism has long been a noticeable part of the far right. Like, actual violence that makes me afraid to go to a synagogue and led to armed police being at every shabbat service in Pittsburgh for a year.

Whereas "antisemitism on the left" is apparently thinking all criticism of Mossad is actually a code word for blood libel, or something. Or some other obscure reference that basically comes down to the fact that people who support Palestinian civil rights occasionally interact with Arabs who are extremely angry at the Israeli state and express that anger in unproductive and disturbing ways.

Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib aren't anti-Semites. And as I've said multiple times, continuing to avail oneself of this delusion allows the real anti-Semites and bigots to grow strong as attention is deflected away from them. Look at the parade of right-wing meme journalists, like Bret Stephens, who gleefully piled on Corbyn and wrote racially insensitive material, amongst other questionable activities.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2021, 10:01:29 PM »

Antisemitism has long been a noticeable part of the far right. Like, actual violence that makes me afraid to go to a synagogue and led to armed police being at every shabbat service in Pittsburgh for a year.

Whereas "antisemitism on the left" is apparently thinking all criticism of Mossad is actually a code word for blood libel, or something. Or some other obscure reference that basically comes down to the fact that people who support Palestinian civil rights occasionally interact with Arabs who are extremely angry at the Israeli state and express that anger in unproductive and disturbing ways.

Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib aren't anti-Semites. And as I've said multiple times, continuing to avail oneself of this delusion allows the real anti-Semites and bigots to grow strong as attention is deflected away from them. Look at the parade of right-wing meme journalists, like Bret Stephens, who gleefully piled on Corbyn and wrote racially insensitive material, amongst other questionable activities.

I suppose it wouldn’t be Atlas w/o someone goysplaining anti-Semitism to Jewish posters Roll Eyes
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2021, 12:07:05 AM »

Whereas "antisemitism on the left" is apparently thinking all criticism of Mossad is actually a code word for blood libel, or something.

C'mon man. When you completely disregard everything anti-semitic on the left like that you lose all credibility on the issue. Can any serious person think that Melenchon saying "the mossad is responsible for smearing corbyn" is a legitimate criticism of the mossad? It's very obviously a baseless claim meant to incite hatred against Jews, using "mossad" as codeword for international cabal of Jews. If he had any reason to suspect mossad here then fine, but he was just rambling and revealing the way the far left anti-semitic mind thinks.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2021, 12:09:18 AM »

I suppose it wouldn’t be Atlas w/o someone goysplaining anti-Semitism to Jewish posters Roll Eyes

Unless I'm mistaken Crane is Jewish. How about we stop gatekeeping?
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2021, 07:02:40 AM »
« Edited: May 09, 2021, 07:11:16 AM by tack50 »

Tbh I've sometimes thought accusations of antisemitism are sometimes overblown; but let's be real and just agree on a few simple facts shall we?

Left wing anti-semitism is real. It is a small part of the left, but not a completely irrelevant one. It is one that should be fought against and condemned.

Those are all simple facts that we should all agree on.

Specific instances of antisemitism can be debated more in depth. I tend to find most antisemitic stuff to be "dog whistles" to be honest; where antisemites (and jews themselves I suppose) will see it as antisemitic, but your average Joe will not.

To use an specific example of this I remember hearing about how "Corbyn defended an antisemitic mural". I looked up the mural and it seemed fairly generic "muh Illuminati controlling the world" stuff (which is nonsense) but not antisemitic. Didn't find any sort of Jewish references there at first glance, it's not like there was a big David star in that mural.

I looked up even further and learned about how the depiction of the illuminati men was playing on Jewish stereotypes and how the author was indeed an antisemite (or at least had posted more blatantly antisemitic stuff before) and I was like "huh, never would have guessed. Yeah I can see why it is antisemitic now".

Back on topic, Are some people on the far left antisemitic? Absolutely (as much as nazis is a bit of a hyperbole though; at least as far as relevant people go)
Is everyone on the far left antisemitic? No.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2021, 03:56:31 PM »

She is right.

When you have leftwingers on Twitter who support wiping out the Israeli people just for the sake of Palestinians, yes that is anti-Semitic.

Criticizing Israel's government and criticism of Jewish lobbying like AIPAC and other corporate interests is not anti-Semitic.
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2021, 04:43:03 PM »

She is right.

When you have leftwingers on Twitter who support wiping out the Israeli people just for the sake of Palestinians, yes that is anti-Semitic.

Criticizing Israel's government and criticism of Jewish lobbying like AIPAC and other corporate interests is not anti-Semitic.
Don't think anyone really wants your two cents on this matter bud.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2021, 05:01:55 PM »

Unless I'm mistaken Crane is Jewish. How about we stop gatekeeping?

I'm not a real Jew because I think Palestinians are human beings, apparently.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2021, 05:42:40 PM »
« Edited: May 17, 2021, 05:46:03 PM by KaiserDave »

Crane is Jewish. I disagree with him on Corbyn and Omar. But uhh....he's Jewish. With a strong appreciation of theology no less.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2021, 06:57:15 PM »

Crane is Jewish. I disagree with him on Corbyn and Omar. But uhh....he's Jewish. With a strong appreciation of theology no less.

I had no way of knowing that he was Jewish; he’s never mentioned it in any post I’ve seen.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies