FL : DeSantis leads Crist by 6, Fried by 7, Demings by 8 (Victory Insights)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:29:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  FL : DeSantis leads Crist by 6, Fried by 7, Demings by 8 (Victory Insights)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL : DeSantis leads Crist by 6, Fried by 7, Demings by 8 (Victory Insights)  (Read 1124 times)
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 06, 2021, 02:54:08 AM »

Link : https://victory-insights.com/files/FLGov_PollReport_05-04.pdf

These numbers are even more incredible (from a DeSantis perspective) when you consider that the sample they are using is a 38% R vs 40% Dem one, to put things into perspective the 2018 electorate was R+1 and the 2020 one was R+4
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 03:20:17 AM »

Safe R, now do users believe that Rubio is Safe, Stephanie Murphy has zero chance
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 08:42:55 AM »

Likely R -> Likely R

About the margins I expect DeSantis to win in the end.
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 11:52:49 AM »
« Edited: May 06, 2021, 04:01:38 PM by TodayJunior »

Nikki Fried is the only one in my opinion who could win. She demonstrated she can win a statewide race as a Democrat in Florida. Crist will fall flat as he’s the poster boy of political opportunist slime. Demings (my congresswoman) has a shot though if she can get through the primary. She isn’t seen as weak on crime which is important for moderate voters.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 12:21:14 PM »

Lean R.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2021, 12:22:09 PM »

I won't trust polls in general, but those margins seem reasonable. Floriduh gonna Floriduh.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2021, 01:21:46 PM »
« Edited: May 06, 2021, 02:59:26 PM by President Johnson »

Likely Republican.

However, I could see polling showing this race competitive for a while or to the end and DeSantis still winning by five or six. Definitely don't see him losing although his policies and leadership style are terrible.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2021, 02:38:58 PM »

We are waiting for the Economy to come back but Ds can pick one from OH, GA, AZ, KS and FL as well as win with Tim Ryan, it's not over by a little ng shot but it's worth noting that in 2018 AZ, OH and KS went D

That's why I am supporting Ryan, Whaley that's the only red statee that  D's had a lead in it won't be a sweep
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2021, 03:08:38 PM »

Nikki Fried is the only one in my opinion who could win. She demonstrated she can win a statewide race as a Democrat in Florida. Crist will fall flat as he’s the poster boy of political opportunist slime. Demings (my congresswoman) has a shot though if she can get through the primary. She isn’t seen as weak on crime which is important for moderate voters.
"Make your race all about legalizing weed" is a decent strategy for Ag Commissioner when you have strong candidates for Gov & Senate who will lift you up to 50%. Skeptical of whether it translates to this level.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2021, 03:11:35 PM »

No undecideds=trash

I'm sorry but not offering an undecided option this early on is just dumb, since much of the support on both sides could be soft.
The Smiling Face On Your TV
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2021, 03:36:26 PM »

Likely R------>Likely R. Ds are spinning in the mud in Florida until they cut into the party infrastructure gap. FLDP is an absolute disaster from the bottom-up.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2021, 03:58:27 PM »

This is Trump country of course, DeSantis gets a pass on most issues even the voter suppression laws he just passed
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2021, 04:07:27 PM »
« Edited: May 06, 2021, 04:14:23 PM by TodayJunior »

"Make your race all about legalizing weed" is a decent strategy for Ag Commissioner when you have strong candidates for Gov & Senate who will lift you up to 50%. Skeptical of whether it translates to this level.

Marijuana legalization has only gotten more popular, both recreational and medical. Depending on where you are, you don't even need a medical card to buy it. Lake County is one, surprisingly, given its heavy GOP lean.

Her biggest challenge will be avoiding being too damaged in the primary and being able to get the DeSantis corruption angle to stick. Another trick that might work in her favor is playing to the angle that "DeSantis doesn't care about you" by using his current job to springboard to a 2024 run. I'm less confident about the last one because I'm well aware of how terrible our state Democratic party is, also because the national GOP will do A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G not to let Florida get away from them by any means necessary.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2021, 05:39:09 PM »

Not as good as I'd like to see tbh. I was hoping he'd be up by a lot more.

I'm also very surprised that Charlie Crist is apparently so popular. He only outperformed Biden by 2% in 2020. He did knock out an incumbent in 2016, though.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2021, 05:51:10 PM »

Rubio was ahead by 6 pts in his last poll, no way of this poll is accurate that Stephanie Murphy beats Rubio

Obviously, the poll that showed DeSantis tied with Fried was University poll, junk poll, DeSabtis was always the fav
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2021, 06:24:42 PM »

Relatively speaking, DeSantis actually should be doing better. But knowing Florida polling this would probably translate to double these margins in the actual elections. So it's Still safe R, in spite of that.

Also is Crist really the best Democratic candidate of the three here? Wow! This state never ceases to convince me that it's beyond saving.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2021, 06:36:48 PM »

DeSantis would win by about that margin even if FL Democrats had a better """party infrastructure""" (not that people aren’t exaggerating how much continued R success in this state can be attributed to supposedly poor Democratic ground organization). Likely R.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2021, 10:10:56 AM »

Polls with no undecideds are useless with regards to evaluating the shape of a race (especially this far out), but could be useful in observing trends if this pollster releases another poll conducted the same way.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies