Should dog breeds known for violent behavior be required to be neutered?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:25:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Should dog breeds known for violent behavior be required to be neutered?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Should dog breeds known for violent behavior be required to be neutered?  (Read 1306 times)
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 05, 2021, 09:42:02 PM »

I'd say yes. Dogs are animals and are not entitled to equal protection under the law. Certain breeds were bred to be more violent than others, and in the case of pit bulls, are often randomly  and sometimes lethally aggressive, even if the owner believes they are training them properly and are not abusive in any way (although the type of people that buy pit bulls are somewhat more likely to be straight up bad people

This would also serve to alleviate the problem of shelter overcrowding which has become severe thanks to the increased popularity of dogs in the last 10-15 years and to the Covid pandemic which led to a lot of people adopting dogs and getting rid of them, or having to move.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 09:54:19 PM »

Oh look, another Pitbull thread

Did a pitbull knot your SO's or brutalize your living quarters in a home invasion for some of you repeatedly spreading such exterminationist lies?
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 10:04:08 PM »

Did a pitbull knot your SO's or brutalize your living quarters in a home invasion for some of you repeatedly spreading such exterminationist lies?

This is not just about pit bulls but pit bulls are a big problem. Look at the articles I linked. They both happened in the NYC area in just the past few months.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 10:05:20 PM »

This is not just about pit bulls but pit bulls are a big problem. Look at the articles I linked. They both happened in the NYC area in just the past few months.
Its saddening seeing a young person fall for yellow press journalism
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 10:25:46 PM »

Its saddening seeing a young person fall for yellow press journalism

Yellow journalism isn't things that actually happen. There is oodles of evidence that pit bulls are the most dangerous breed by a lot. Of course other breeds like rottweilers and German Shepherds have issues too.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 10:48:20 PM »

Remember 666. Despite making up 6% of the dog population, pit bulls are responsible for 66% of dog-related deaths.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2021, 11:02:46 PM »

Pitbulls should be genocided.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2021, 11:14:37 PM »

nope
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2021, 06:48:19 AM »

inb4 fhtagn comes in and schools everyone
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2021, 07:31:41 AM »

Yes. People are so emotional because they see the cute wittle puppy but these breeds are known to suddenly and brutally maul innocents including children with intent to kill. If the pit nutters get enough sympathy, then it can be limited to strays at the very least, but it's better if it's for all.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2021, 09:38:58 AM »

Hopefully she raises actual points instead of the non-sequiturs and Nazi comparisons I've already been treated to in this thread. Given her track record of loving Kyle Rittenhouse, I'm not exactly hopeful.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2021, 09:42:54 AM »

Yes. People are so emotional because they see the cute wittle puppy but these breeds are known to suddenly and brutally maul innocents including children with intent to kill. If the pit nutters get enough sympathy, then it can be limited to strays at the very least, but it's better if it's for all.

I agree. If anything requiring neutering is a halfway measure. I support banning the problem breeds in general, at least from populated localities, but reducing their future population would still be an accomplishment.   
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2021, 11:40:48 AM »

All dogs should be banned.
LM Brazilian Citizen
100% antiS, 100% Freedom
Brazil

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -1.91

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2021, 04:04:08 PM »

I’m not and have never been a fan of pitbulls and dobermans, but castrating them for being bred to be violent, I am radically against, for being a form of cruelty towards irrational living beings.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2021, 04:14:47 PM »

Yes, honestly, dogs like pit bulls are very dangerous.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2021, 06:49:53 PM »

I’m not and have never been a fan of pitbulls and dobermans, but castrating them for being bred to be violent, I am radically against, for being a form of cruelty towards irrational living beings.

It's not really cruel. Neutering is very common and dogs/cats lead normal lives after.
LM Brazilian Citizen
100% antiS, 100% Freedom
Brazil

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2021, 09:26:35 PM »

It's not really cruel. Neutering is very common and dogs/cats lead normal lives after.
It’s cruelty, yes. Because you are neutering the dog because the animal is trained to be aggressive. It’s different from spaying so that it cannot reproduce so as not to generate many puppies.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2021, 09:29:39 PM »

It’s cruelty, yes. Because you are neutering the dog because the animal is trained to be aggressive. It’s different from spaying so that it cannot reproduce so as not to generate many puppies.

The lack of puppies is the point, not the act of neutering itself.

Plus, spaying/neutering would likely make them less aggressive. It's a win/win/win.
LM Brazilian Citizen
100% antiS, 100% Freedom
Brazil

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2021, 09:46:11 PM »

Plus, spaying/neutering would likely make them less aggressive. It's a win/win/win.

Disagree. The reason for the castration is stupid, it’s only prejudice because the animal is forced to be aggressive from a young age and has an ugly appearance and a robust body. There’re pitbulls and dobermans whose owners treat them very well, with love and are not as aggressive as those that people use against thieves in their homes or by police, for example. The point is that it doesn’t mean “win/win/win”. It’s prejudice, of the mind of anthropocentric people.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2021, 09:53:14 PM »

Disagree. The reason for the castration is stupid, it’s only prejudice because the animal is forced to be aggressive from a young age and has an ugly appearance and a robust body. There’re pitbulls and dobermans whose owners treat them very well, with love and are not as aggressive as those that people use against thieves in their homes or by police, for example. The point is that it doesn’t mean “win/win/win”. It’s prejudice, of the mind of anthropocentric people.

There are numerous examples of attacks by animals which have been trained properly and are completely random. They are simply genetically a dangerous breed. Spaying and neutering is a common way to reduce the population of domestic animals. It is not cruel to the animal, and it is also not punishment. That deceased three year old child was the victim of a vicious attack and the owners of the pit bulls won't even be punished. It is insane how much leeway we give to these dogs. 
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2021, 10:11:12 PM »

A number of points would have to be proven before it could even be seriously entertained. There is no concrete evidence that these breeds are more violent than others - it is entirely more plausible to conclude that the fault lies with their owners and, to a lesser degree, the problem of inbreeding to get “purebreds”.
LM Brazilian Citizen
100% antiS, 100% Freedom
Brazil

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2021, 10:12:57 PM »

There are numerous examples of attacks by animals which have been trained properly and are completely random. They are simply genetically a dangerous breed. Spaying and neutering is a common way to reduce the population of domestic animals. It is not cruel to the animal, and it is also not punishment. That deceased three year old child was the victim of a vicious attack and the owners of the pit bulls won't even be punished. It is insane how much leeway we give to these dogs. 

I can see how eugenic, anthropocentric and Malthusian you are in relation to these animals. From your comment, I see a slight psycho tendency in you to wish for the collective sterilization of these poor animals. Whoever should be punished for any animal attacking and killing small children are the owners, for negligence in the case that you mentioned. The dog it’s irrational; leave him in jail, but never treat him brutally. What I find funny is that there is a contradiction in your being so progressive in favor of humans and being the extreme opposite of that in relation to these fearsome but irrational and misunderstood dogs.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2021, 10:44:05 PM »

A number of points would have to be proven before it could even be seriously entertained. There is no concrete evidence that these breeds are more violent than others - it is entirely more plausible to conclude that the fault lies with their owners and, to a lesser degree, the problem of inbreeding to get “purebreds”.

Important add on: we do need to change the process of producing purebreds generally - this is not best done by mandating neutering or spaying dogs.
RosettaStoned
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: -5.91

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2021, 12:51:29 AM »
« Edited: May 07, 2021, 12:59:24 AM by Rosetta Stoned »

A lot of people scared of dogs here on this forum. Any dog is going to pick up on your negative energy/fear.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2021, 01:41:00 AM »

Three topics that you should never discuss online are pitbulls, the spanking of children and circumcision. All three, far more than standard high octane discussion topics like Israel, tend to absolutely infuriate people.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies