WY-AL Club for Growth (R): Cheney in deep danger of losing primary
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:42:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Senate & House Election Polls
  WY-AL Club for Growth (R): Cheney in deep danger of losing primary
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WY-AL Club for Growth (R): Cheney in deep danger of losing primary  (Read 1708 times)
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 05, 2021, 01:23:00 PM »

Would vote to reelect Cheney regardless of who ran against her - 14%
Would consider someone else - 31%
Would vote to replace Cheney regardless of who ran against her - 52%

Approvals
Liz Cheney - 29/65
Donald Trump - 79/19

(I'll try to post the full poll when I can find it.)
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 01:24:07 PM »

At least I can say I have something in common with the majority of Wyoming Republican primary voters.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 01:34:51 PM »

Club for Growth actively opposes Cheney, so this should be taken with a grain of salt. Nevertheless, she was already in trouble and is doing absolutely nothing to improve her standing with R primary voters.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 02:09:10 PM »

This country is in deep trouble. I hate Liz Cheney because she's a Republican, but the only reason Republican voters hate her is because she acknowledges that Joe Biden is President. This story isn't going to end well for the United States.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 02:11:08 PM »

Isn't "Club for Growth" essentially a fraudulent firm only making endorsements and conducting polls?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 09:00:28 PM »

This country is in deep trouble. I hate Liz Cheney because she's a Republican, but the only reason Republican voters hate her is because she acknowledges that Joe Biden is President. This story isn't going to end well for the United States.

It's just so adorably hypocritical, too, for the same exact Republicans who say "f**k cancel culture" to also say "kiss the ring or be forcibly disappeared."
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2021, 09:40:13 PM »

Lol

Club for GRIFT
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2021, 10:02:36 PM »

Approvals
Liz Cheney - 29/65
Donald Trump - 79/19

That is an incredibly low Trump approval! 19% of Wyoming Republican primary voters disapprove. That would have been unheard of while he was President. The social media bans do seem to be having a saneifying effect on the country.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2021, 10:22:35 PM »

Approvals
Liz Cheney - 29/65
Donald Trump - 79/19

That is an incredibly low Trump approval! 19% of Wyoming Republican primary voters disapprove. That would have been unheard of while he was President. The social media bans do seem to be having a saneifying effect on the country.

They 100% have. And the good news is that won't be lifted anytime soon.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2021, 09:58:20 AM »

Yeah, she's done and everyone knows it.

No, the reason Republicans hate her is because she keeps bringing up the Jan 6 riot as an indictment on Trump, despite being months past that. She also, as a Cheney, has absolutely no interest in the "America First" priorities that has nearly universal approval among Republicans now.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2021, 10:01:19 AM »

I can't say I'm going to shed any tears for Cheney, but Republicans are opposing her for the wrong reasons.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2021, 11:41:37 AM »

After Biden finished giving his address to Congress, he made the "rounds" on the floor to talk to various members of Congress, as Presidents usually do on such occasions. Liz Cheney was one of those who talked to Biden, and she's been criticized for doing this. Apparently, you can't even be friendly to the opposing side anymore.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2021, 11:43:42 AM »

No, the reason Republicans hate her is because she keeps bringing up the Jan 6 riot as an indictment on Trump, despite being months past that. She also, as a Cheney, has absolutely no interest in the "America First" priorities that has nearly universal approval among Republicans now.

It is a huge indictment on Trump, and something like that can't just be swept under the rug. Peaceful transition of presidential power has been a hallmark of American democracy for over two centuries. It is a key democratic tradition that has set us apart from Third World dictatorships and banana republics. Donald Trump singlehandedly ruined that tradition with his post-election behavior. He put the lives of his own vice president, every member of Congress and thousands of staffers in danger. We were so, so lucky that it wasn't worse. And it's ridiculous to accuse Cheney of "not moving on" while Trump constantly rants about how the election was "rigged" and "stolen".
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2021, 12:08:52 PM »

It is a huge indictment on Trump, and something like that can't just be swept under the rug. Peaceful transition of presidential power has been a hallmark of American democracy for over two centuries. It is a key democratic tradition that has set us apart from Third World dictatorships and banana republics. Donald Trump singlehandedly ruined that tradition with his post-election behavior. He put the lives of his own vice president, every member of Congress and thousands of staffers in danger. We were so, so lucky that it wasn't worse. And it's ridiculous to accuse Cheney of "not moving on" while Trump constantly rants about how the election was "rigged" and "stolen".

Yeah yeah, you don't have to go on this moral crusade about it. This isn't about my opinion on it. I agree with what you're saying, I'm trying to analyze this from the perspective of the average Republican, something this forum doesn't do very often. And the "not moving on" thing applies to them both, but Trump is on the right side of it for much of the Republican base so Cheney is actively going out of her way to be against their interests.
jeron
Netherlands
Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -7.48

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2021, 07:56:41 AM »

The country is in deep trouble, that is correct. It is always a bad idea to hate someone because he or she is a member of another party.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2021, 10:01:41 PM »

Isn't "Club for Growth" essentially a fraudulent firm only making endorsements and conducting polls?
tin pols

... and making smear ads against anyone not to the right of Agosto Pinochet
... and hiding its direction and funding
... and directing pols in the way of pure plutocracy once elected.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2021, 07:04:30 PM »

Conscience do cost
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length