US Births fall 4% in 2020 Down 142,000 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:47:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  US Births fall 4% in 2020 Down 142,000 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US Births fall 4% in 2020 Down 142,000  (Read 875 times)
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« on: May 05, 2021, 04:09:47 PM »

Kind of surprised much of the South recorded natural declines while the Plains states recorded natural growth.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 05:46:30 PM »

Kind of surprised much of the South recorded natural declines while the Plains states recorded natural growth.

Well retirees have a long history of moving south to retire and boomers are the biggest generation so it shouldn't be a big shock.  Think of Florida as being a big elephant graveyard.

I get Florida, was thinking more of say Alabama or Tennessee which while getting some retirees isn't getting enormous numbers of them.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 05:47:36 PM »

I'm surprised that the young people who grew up around economic recessions (including one right now), record student loan debt, a lack of affordable housing, school-shooting drills, a global pandemic, a rapidly-declining environment and (at least in 2020) President Trump wouldn't have the funds or faith to have as many children as previous generations.

I agree with some of the economic factors as well as Covid but I doubt school shooters play a big risk into decisions on whether to have kids or not. Murder rates were far higher 50-30 years ago.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies