Is America a racist country?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:13:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Is America a racist country?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 124

Author Topic: Is America a racist country?  (Read 2947 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2021, 11:36:01 AM »

Yes, next question.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2021, 12:16:25 PM »

No. Many of the most successful people on earth of any given racial or ethnic category live in the USA. Disparity does not equal racism. Jews or Indians or Lebanese Christians in average  are vastly more successful than the average white American yet nobody would attribute this gap to racism because that would be absurd.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2021, 02:06:38 PM »

Absolutely not. Racism still exists in the U.S. and every other country; it may always exist. However, this is still the greatest country in the world by far.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2021, 02:26:11 PM »
« Edited: May 04, 2021, 02:45:08 PM by Wolverine22 »

Yes and anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves. There’s a great book called “Dying of Whiteness: How the Politics of Racial Resentment Are Killing America’s Heartland” by Dr. Jonathan Metzl that really gets into how white supremacy is actually pretty hazardous to your health.

Since the election of Obama rural white voters have collectively decided that minorities being adequately sh**t on is more important than anything else so they vote Republican now. The consequences are literally killing these people. Before Obama states like North Dakota voted their economic interests in electing agricultural Democrats like Kent Conrad and Byron Dorgan for years because Those People knew their places and stayed in them.

Rejection of Medicaid expansion has led to rural hospitals closing en masse leaving millions without access to health care. Metzl talks to a man in Tennessee who is dying of liver failure but refuses to sign up for Medicaid because he doesn’t want his tax dollars paying for black people to have health care. He’s literally willing to sacrifice his life for the cause of white supremacy.

Furthermore the systematic defunding of education over the last 40 years plus massive tax cuts for the rich has resulted in a total lack of economic opportunities beyond minimum wage Dollar General jobs. Hence why most rural places in America are filled with people living in abject poverty.

Finally and most sadly poverty is very depressing. Thanks to NRA-sponsored laws repealing gun safety laws and background checks there has been an explosion of suicides in red states in addition to the opioid crisis. All this, all of it, because a bunch of uppity blacks are holding signs and chanting in Chicago.

I’m what you might call a borderline radical. I decided as a 16-year-old LGBT American living in the year 2011 to dedicate my life to fighting the right wing in whatever proper ways I can for as long as I ever can. I grew up in an exurban area where Obama was the antichrist and masks are a Muslim plot to force every woman in America to wear a Burka (and reading this crap in the opinion section of the paper made me a liberal) but I actually feel pity for these people.

But there’s a reason for this. What Marx called the bourgeoisie, what George Carlin called The Big Club, needs a populace of stupid people who are so easily distracted by their own bigotry that they don’t realize or preferably don’t care that they’re being exploited economically. Every election year there has to be some scary other who’s coming to make America less white. In 1980 it was the welfare queen, in 1988 it was Willie Horton, the scary black man with an Afro who was coming to rape and murder your daughter, in 2004 it was gay people, in 2016 it was Mexicans and Muslims , in 2020 it was the Chinese man, and now in 2021 it’s trans kids wanting to play sports. When all else fails, racism always works.

Having a black president for eight years and seeing all kinds of minorities gain rights they didn’t approve of was so scary and traumatic to white people that they went and did the only thing they could about it: elect a president as bigoted and racist as they are. In the process the rich people who own and control everything pretty much got Santa Claus as president for four years.

But like I say I do feel pity for these people. Ashli Babbit, the woman shot at the Capitol riot, became a Trump supporter because she had taken out a loan to keep her business afloat that had a 169% interest rate. Voting for Trump was going to do precisely nothing to help her with that, but Elizabeth Warren has been fighting predatory lending longer than I’ve been alive. And the only thanks she got from people like Ashli Babbit was a bomb in the mail.

The Confederate flag might be on its way out, but it’s being replaced with the Trump flag and that stupid thin blue line because they all have the same meaning. White people at large never approved of black people having any rights at all, those rights were conferred by a handful of sympathetic politicians and judges.

After slavery was banned they tried segregation. After segregation was banned we used weaponized drug laws to put as many blacks in prison as possible. When that didn’t work we sent the police out to kill them. Now that the public is standing up against that, the only tactic white people have left is to prominently display symbols like Confederate monuments and the aforementioned flags as a 24/7 middle finger to all those people who whites never said got to have any rights. While some white people in the suburbs may be putting out BLM flags, that’s all they’re willing to do on the issue. They almost always unanimously turn around and oppose every single policy that would end inequality once and for all.

It’s the same reason why all these state legislatures are passing anti-trans laws. The cruelty is the point. It’s almost like they want these kids to commit suicide. The message is always the same: “F**ck you, you’re a second-class citizen, you deserve to treated as such, and we’re going to do what we can to make sure that happens.”
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2021, 10:00:25 PM »

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2021, 06:45:08 PM »

Yes and anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves. There’s a great book called “Dying of Whiteness: How the Politics of Racial Resentment Are Killing America’s Heartland” by Dr. Jonathan Metzl that really gets into how white supremacy is actually pretty hazardous to your health.

Since the election of Obama rural white voters have collectively decided that minorities being adequately sh**t on is more important than anything else so they vote Republican now. The consequences are literally killing these people. Before Obama states like North Dakota voted their economic interests in electing agricultural Democrats like Kent Conrad and Byron Dorgan for years because Those People knew their places and stayed in them.

Rejection of Medicaid expansion has led to rural hospitals closing en masse leaving millions without access to health care. Metzl talks to a man in Tennessee who is dying of liver failure but refuses to sign up for Medicaid because he doesn’t want his tax dollars paying for black people to have health care. He’s literally willing to sacrifice his life for the cause of white supremacy.

Furthermore the systematic defunding of education over the last 40 years plus massive tax cuts for the rich has resulted in a total lack of economic opportunities beyond minimum wage Dollar General jobs. Hence why most rural places in America are filled with people living in abject poverty.

Finally and most sadly poverty is very depressing. Thanks to NRA-sponsored laws repealing gun safety laws and background checks there has been an explosion of suicides in red states in addition to the opioid crisis. All this, all of it, because a bunch of uppity blacks are holding signs and chanting in Chicago.

I’m what you might call a borderline radical. I decided as a 16-year-old LGBT American living in the year 2011 to dedicate my life to fighting the right wing in whatever proper ways I can for as long as I ever can. I grew up in an exurban area where Obama was the antichrist and masks are a Muslim plot to force every woman in America to wear a Burka (and reading this crap in the opinion section of the paper made me a liberal) but I actually feel pity for these people.

But there’s a reason for this. What Marx called the bourgeoisie, what George Carlin called The Big Club, needs a populace of stupid people who are so easily distracted by their own bigotry that they don’t realize or preferably don’t care that they’re being exploited economically. Every election year there has to be some scary other who’s coming to make America less white. In 1980 it was the welfare queen, in 1988 it was Willie Horton, the scary black man with an Afro who was coming to rape and murder your daughter, in 2004 it was gay people, in 2016 it was Mexicans and Muslims , in 2020 it was the Chinese man, and now in 2021 it’s trans kids wanting to play sports. When all else fails, racism always works.

Having a black president for eight years and seeing all kinds of minorities gain rights they didn’t approve of was so scary and traumatic to white people that they went and did the only thing they could about it: elect a president as bigoted and racist as they are. In the process the rich people who own and control everything pretty much got Santa Claus as president for four years.

But like I say I do feel pity for these people. Ashli Babbit, the woman shot at the Capitol riot, became a Trump supporter because she had taken out a loan to keep her business afloat that had a 169% interest rate. Voting for Trump was going to do precisely nothing to help her with that, but Elizabeth Warren has been fighting predatory lending longer than I’ve been alive. And the only thanks she got from people like Ashli Babbit was a bomb in the mail.

The Confederate flag might be on its way out, but it’s being replaced with the Trump flag and that stupid thin blue line because they all have the same meaning. White people at large never approved of black people having any rights at all, those rights were conferred by a handful of sympathetic politicians and judges.

After slavery was banned they tried segregation. After segregation was banned we used weaponized drug laws to put as many blacks in prison as possible. When that didn’t work we sent the police out to kill them. Now that the public is standing up against that, the only tactic white people have left is to prominently display symbols like Confederate monuments and the aforementioned flags as a 24/7 middle finger to all those people who whites never said got to have any rights. While some white people in the suburbs may be putting out BLM flags, that’s all they’re willing to do on the issue. They almost always unanimously turn around and oppose every single policy that would end inequality once and for all.

It’s the same reason why all these state legislatures are passing anti-trans laws. The cruelty is the point. It’s almost like they want these kids to commit suicide. The message is always the same: “F**ck you, you’re a second-class citizen, you deserve to treated as such, and we’re going to do what we can to make sure that happens.”

What benefit is it for white rural people to vote Democratic when the party is pushing Critical Race Theory and saying all white people should be ashamed of being white and should bow to minorities, etc? What benefit is it for white rural voters to vote Democratic when they think that all Dems are demonizing all police officers? What do you think the thin blue line flag emerged after 2015? Because of Black Lives Matter!! I never saw the thin blue line flag after 9/11/2001.........why do you think a lot of police officers are parroting GOP talking points like the police officer from Idaho?

Why do you think the GOP flipped Kenosha/Racine/Macomb/Luzerne counties, places that voted Democratic, even for a Black man like Barack Hussein Obama until 2016??
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2021, 07:04:54 PM »

It's unlikeky that any net new initiatives is gonna passed as Infrastructure and extending Unemployment benefits is gonna be it for now as there isn't gonna HR 1, Reparations, Crt packing or Statehood, Manchin said no to Filibuster reform. So, America is indeed a racist country
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies