If Trump was indicted, do you think you could make the jury for his trial? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:58:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  If Trump was indicted, do you think you could make the jury for his trial? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If Trump was indicted, do you think you could make the jury for his trial?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: If Trump was indicted, do you think you could make the jury for his trial?  (Read 899 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 05, 2021, 12:50:58 AM »

A story told me by an older prosecutor I used to be a co-worker with. He had a jury trial cross getting some guy with a lengthy record. One of the jurors was an absolute drop-dead bombshell liquor. In bordier she gave some extremely prosecutor friendly questions that indicated she was a strong supporter of police and yes would generally suspect that someone charged with a crime was probably guilty because the police did their investigation. To my co-workers shock, they didn't challenge the juror and left are on. After the defendant was convicted, as it was a pretty open-and-shut case, he asked the defense attorney why he left the woman on the jury.

The defense attorney replied that he talked it over with his client at the table during a break. He said his client told him the following. Look, you know I'm probably going to get convicted in do some years in prison. I know it too. So if I'm going to spend a few days in trial before that happens, I'd rather spend it sitting here looking at her. Grin
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 05:46:09 PM »

Nah, I'm way too biased. I can't stand the dude and want to see him behind closed bars.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies