If Trump was indicted, do you think you could make the jury for his trial?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:57:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  If Trump was indicted, do you think you could make the jury for his trial?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: If Trump was indicted, do you think you could make the jury for his trial?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: If Trump was indicted, do you think you could make the jury for his trial?  (Read 926 times)
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2021, 06:47:42 PM »

How would I know whether the court would accept that I could be an impartial juror?
When asked, I would say that I loathe Donald Trump as a person and as the worst president the U.S. has ever had, but also that I firmly believe in being impartial and that I never pre-judge any people who are accused of crimes.
Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -6.26

P
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2021, 09:48:46 AM »

I’m exempt from jury duty
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2021, 10:50:13 PM »

Of course.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2021, 10:54:22 PM »

Probably not.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2021, 02:56:38 PM »

No. I supported Trump's impeachment from the day he was inaugurated, and there are a few Atlasians who know who I am or at least who I'm employed by. Even putting that aside, it's a pretty well documented fact on both my Facebook and among the people I associate with in RL that I voted against Trump both times and view him as a bad president.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2021, 03:05:57 PM »

If Trump's defense counsel has yet to use up all of their allotted peremptory strikes, then I don't imagine that I'd be able to make the jury, given that I'd actually be able to follow along with the attorney's arguments, the presented evidence, the witness' testimony, etc., so the only scenario in which I can make the jury is one where Trump's defense counsel has already used up all of their allotted peremptory strikes by the time at which I'm submitted to voir dire questioning.

In that scenario, I don't imagine that I'd end up being struck for cause either, because while my not being able to politically stand Trump is something which I obviously have no problem admitting, I don't think that being the case would prevent me from nevertheless being able to be impartial during the trial. Given that the standard at hand would obviously be "did the prosecution prove their case that the accused committed the offense with which they've been charged beyond a reasonable doubt?," I'd be there to merely judge the presented arguments, evidence, & testimony, as opposed to the accused's personality aspects &/or the politics thereof with which I may have even been familiar prior to the trial, & I know that I'd be able to separate my personal feelings about Trump from an impartial analysis of everything that's presented by the prosecution & defense. Maybe others couldn't (for example, my mom is such a vehement anti-Trumper that I wouldn't reasonably expect her to serve impartially as a juror in a Trump trial), but that's a separate matter at the end of the day.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies