Cheney sees cratering support in House GOP as McCarthy says she isn’t ‘carrying out the message’
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:36:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Cheney sees cratering support in House GOP as McCarthy says she isn’t ‘carrying out the message’
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9
Author Topic: Cheney sees cratering support in House GOP as McCarthy says she isn’t ‘carrying out the message’  (Read 9201 times)
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: May 12, 2021, 11:15:53 AM »

Valadao is also shielded by California's top-two system which largely has the effect of protecting incumbents from primary challenges.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #176 on: May 12, 2021, 01:29:48 PM »

Statement from Nancy Pelosi:

Congresswoman Liz Cheney is a leader of great courage, patriotism and integrity.  Today, House Republicans declared that those values are unwelcome in the Republican party.

I'll add in that she was the daughter of a war criminal and the worst (or one of the worst) VP in American history.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #177 on: May 12, 2021, 01:39:28 PM »

That's the Republican Party in a nutshell. "Some people screamed louder than others," and a refusal to actually count votes.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #178 on: May 12, 2021, 01:43:28 PM »

Congresswoman Liz Cheney is a leader of great courage, patriotism and integrity.  Today, House Republicans declared that those values are unwelcome in the Republican party.

I'll add in that she was the daughter of a war criminal and the worst (or one of the worst) VP in American history.

People should judge her for her own actions. Her father's actions shouldn't ever come up.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #179 on: May 12, 2021, 01:51:44 PM »

This removal of Cheney is gonna help D's keep the H not lose it, they are pandering to a 46%, Prez Trump

That's why Trump needs to be indicted, his son Don Jr is on Facebook repeating false allegations on Election, Trump isn't on Facebook but Don Jr is
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #180 on: May 12, 2021, 02:42:36 PM »

People should judge her for her own actions. Her father's actions shouldn't ever come up.

Would be easier to do that if her opinions weren't exactly the same as her father. She's a warmongering nutcase.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #181 on: May 12, 2021, 07:24:06 PM »

I swear the GOP is pathetic.
Their leadership are sheep to the disgraceful, 2-time impeached Orange Bastard.
I feel sorry for anyone who stays with this party and supports this garbage decision.
They and their followers in our society, are slowly resembling what transpired in Germany in the early-to-late 1930's.
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #182 on: May 12, 2021, 09:56:00 PM »

That's the Republican Party in a nutshell. "Some people screamed louder than others," and a refusal to actually count votes.

tfw buck ken is the voice of reason now Squinting
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #183 on: May 13, 2021, 01:35:23 AM »

Glorious! Another neocon anti-Trump has bitten the dust. The Republican party stands with Trump, not the outdated Bush wing.

You should use mouthwash after you're done licking Trump's shoes.

Though from the sounds of your post, I'm not sure you stuck with just his shoes.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #184 on: May 13, 2021, 02:03:24 AM »

"You can't run a railroad where the person driving a locomotive hates the president of the railroad," said Mark Amodei (R-NV), describing every railroad company in history.
Annatar
Australia

« Reply #185 on: May 13, 2021, 02:53:53 AM »

Ideally, Cheney should have been removed earlier, one of the most important things in party politics is being a team player and representing your party's views, including those of its voters, especially if you are in a leadership position, over 90% of Republicans approve of Trump, Cheney on the other hand simply spent time going to liberal media outlets attacking Trump, she was going against 90% of her party's constituents in a leadership position so it was necessary to remove her.

On a broader political basis, I think attacking Cheney is good politics for Trump, everyone knows who her father was and the reputation of the Cheney family is very poor in the electorate, attacking the Cheney family is also good politics.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #186 on: May 13, 2021, 04:25:19 AM »

Not that I like Cheney, but the reason she was ousted is beyond ridiciolous. The Republican Party is a Trump cult and the House conference a MAGA-parliamentary arm, save few exceptions like Kinzinger or Katko. I hope their God Emperor will lose them seats and a Trump-like candidate gets clobbered in 2024 as well. A party that refuses the face the truth doesn't deserve to have anything to say.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #187 on: May 13, 2021, 07:24:51 AM »

Quick question: What does the “conference chair” do?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #188 on: May 13, 2021, 07:43:07 AM »

If anyone needed further evidence that the Republican Party (and all of its voters) is the enemy of the people, look no farther than Cheney's oust from leadership...simply for telling the truth and taking a stand against domestic terrorism.

Republicans are traitors to American democracy and I will never stop saying it.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #189 on: May 13, 2021, 08:02:51 AM »

Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #190 on: May 13, 2021, 05:48:04 PM »
« Edited: May 13, 2021, 06:12:36 PM by Storr »

"You can't run a railroad where the person driving a locomotive hates the president of the railroad," said Mark Amodei (R-NV), describing every railroad company in history.
I looked it up and this is actually a real quote, wtf now I have to like Mark Amodei because he mentioned railroads?!
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #191 on: May 13, 2021, 06:11:52 PM »

I must have missed the memo where the GOP listed Donald Trump's official position. Is the GOP a blog or golf club?

Of course, we all know what he actually meant was "you can't be in the cult if you point out the cult leader is a lying crook".
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #192 on: May 13, 2021, 06:56:16 PM »

As much as I dislike Liz, This situation gets a big yikes! from me.
○∙◄☻Ątπ[╪AV┼cVę└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #193 on: May 14, 2021, 12:10:21 AM »

She doesn't disagree with her father on Iraq.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/dick-cheney-and-liz-cheney-the-collapsing-obama-doctrine-1403046522
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #194 on: May 14, 2021, 07:46:59 AM »

Yeah, I don't know how anybody could take Kevin McCarthy seriously when their annointed God Emperor talks of nothing else than how the election was stolen and they just ousted a member of their leadership for defying him.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #195 on: May 14, 2021, 08:37:42 AM »

Stefanik was just voted in to replace her.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #196 on: May 14, 2021, 09:27:35 AM »

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #197 on: May 14, 2021, 09:29:32 AM »

Chip Roy's challenge to Stefanik, based upon his claim that she wasn't sufficiently conservative, failed by a substantial margin.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #198 on: May 14, 2021, 09:46:33 AM »

Chip Roy's challenge to Stefanik, based upon his claim that she wasn't sufficiently conservative, failed by a substantial margin.

This just goes to show that Republicans no longer care about "conservative" positions.  Chip Roy has a near-perfect rating from Heritage Action and the ACU, while Stefanik scores under 50% with both.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #199 on: May 14, 2021, 10:30:11 AM »

This just goes to show that Republicans no longer care about "conservative" positions.  Chip Roy has a near-perfect rating from Heritage Action and the ACU, while Stefanik scores under 50% with both.

Wrong! You're using a fake definition of being conservative. Here you go

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies