Which of these heresies is the worst?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:08:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  Which of these heresies is the worst?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which Heresy do you dislike most?
Docetism

Arianism

Pelagianism

Sabellianism

Donatism

Monatism

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 13

Author Topic: Which of these heresies is the worst?  (Read 1239 times)
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 04, 2021, 06:47:08 AM »

These are all early heresies of Christianity. Which one do you like least?
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 08:30:03 AM »

WI: Marcionism.

Of the ones listed, Docetism always struck me as the most ridiculous and insulting.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 09:32:45 AM »

1. Docetism
2. Arianism
3. Sabellianism
4. Montanism
5. Pelagianism
6. Donatism
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 10:08:51 AM »

Docetism
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2021, 06:23:16 PM »

Impressed by the unanimity of opinion for Docetism. I would have to agree with the other posters in this thread, since Docetism denies the reality of the Crucifixion and thus leaves us without an atonement for our sins.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 06:55:16 AM »

Impressed by the unanimity of opinion for Docetism. I would have to agree with the other posters in this thread, since Docetism denies the reality of the Crucifixion and thus leaves us without an atonement for our sins.
The Cathars, much later on, said that Jesus was really an Angel in human form as the human flesh was too corrupt. The belief was still practiced many times after it was deemed heretical. I知 an atheist and even I find it bizarre.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2021, 10:36:16 AM »

The Cathars, much later on, said that Jesus was really an Angel in human form as the human flesh was too corrupt. The belief was still practiced many times after it was deemed heretical. I知 an atheist and even I find it bizarre.

Muslims also deny the crucifixion, as they consider such a death unfitting for a prophet of God. Some have taken this as evidence that docetism was still kicking around in seventh century Arabia.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2021, 04:25:44 PM »

Reads like an Evangelion fanfiction.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2021, 09:15:04 PM »

Muslims also deny the crucifixion, as they consider such a death unfitting for a prophet of God. Some have taken this as evidence that docetism was still kicking around in seventh century Arabia.
At least they are something else and are a separate religion. Obviously, God has no son in Islam.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2021, 12:10:24 AM »

Yeah, I hear you, but outside of that Cathars sound pretty based
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2021, 06:57:22 AM »

They also practiced celibacy by default.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2021, 07:03:13 AM »

Cathars had a rather unhealthy attitude towards sexual activities.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2021, 09:21:35 AM »

Cathars had a rather unhealthy attitude towards sexual activities.
As in they were anti sex zealots.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies