Progressives: Should we let some states secede? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:56:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Progressives: Should we let some states secede? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Progressives: Should we let some states secede?  (Read 1594 times)
Yoda
United States

« on: May 03, 2021, 11:32:26 PM »
« edited: May 03, 2021, 11:39:09 PM by Yoda »

1000% yes.

Then after all (or even just some)of the Dumbf***istan states leave, we can finally get DC and Puerto Rico statehood through the Senate, we can finally undo republican court packing by expanding SCOTUS (as well as the # of district and appellate judges), just for starters.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 03:55:26 PM »

Throwaway thought but man can you imagine not having to subsidize Kentucky and the other deadbeat states any more?
Yoda
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 12:21:01 AM »

Throwaway thought but man can you imagine not having to subsidize Kentucky and the other deadbeat states any more?

Letting parts of the country that already resemble third-world countries fall even further into squalor would be pretty detestable on our part, yes.

I love how everyone universally assumes that under completely unrestrained republican control of states that would secede in this scenario, said states would devolve into a sub-third world conditions.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not disagreeing with the assumption. I'm just pointing out how republicans have proven themselves so utterly full of malice, so incompetent and so incapable of governing that the seemingly universal argument of those against(in this thread anyways) is that it would be something akin to an unspeakable human rights violation to allow a state (or states) the horrific fate of suffering under republican control with no democratic-controlled federal government to serve as a check on the very worst impulses of the GQP.

It's one hell of a revealing argument is all I'm saying...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies