Will shows like Family Guy or South Park ever be made again?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:19:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Will shows like Family Guy or South Park ever be made again?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 14

Author Topic: Will shows like Family Guy or South Park ever be made again?  (Read 245 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 10, 2021, 10:51:04 PM »

I'm watching an old Family Guy episode where Peter finds out he had a black ancestor, and... man, Seth MacFarlane would be run out of town on a rail if this came out today, even though it's ten times funnier than the newer episodes.

I get the sense that South Park and Family Guy are only still running today because they have the 'institution benefit', kind of like how the mods are slow to act on banning posters who've been here for 10+ years. There have been calls to cancel them both, but none of them worked (Family Guy's original cancellation notwithstanding).

Hell, even some writers for The Office said they would've left some things out, which is kind of ridiculous considering The Office is practically a video series on what not to do in the workplace.
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 10:52:31 PM »

South Park has always been trash, and conservatives are far more likely to "cancel" Seth MacFarlane than liberals. 

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 10:59:55 PM »

South Park has always been trash, and conservatives are far more likely to "cancel" Seth MacFarlane than liberals. 

They're both very anti-PC shows that mock both religion and fourth-wave feminism. Although while Family Guy has always leaned left, South Park tends to mock both sides now.
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 11:05:58 PM »

They're both very anti-PC shows that mock both religion and fourth-wave feminism. Although while Family Guy has always leaned left, South Park tends to mock both sides now.

True.  But I found Trey and Parker's movies--Orgazmo and BASEketball--far funnier than South Park. 

I never found South Park funny as a kid.  Like at all.     
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 11:21:53 PM »

True.  But I found Trey and Parker's movies--Orgazmo and BASEketball--far funnier than South Park. 

I never found South Park funny as a kid.  Like at all.     

I always thought the animation - in particular, the facial expressions - was terrible and unappealing to look at.
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 11:30:17 PM »

True.  But I found Trey and Parker's movies--Orgazmo and BASEketball--far funnier than South Park.  

I never found South Park funny as a kid.  Like at all.    

I always thought the animation - in particular, the facial expressions - was terrible and unappealing to look at.

I've always had the impression they were pimping their cartoon product on the "OMG so much funny voices!!!1!"   *rolls eyes*

True intellectuals such as myself saw right through it, and stuck with the Simpsons and the Family Guys.  

Also, am I the only MF who remembers Wonder Showzen?  That was true class. 
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2021, 11:33:48 PM »

I hope not, animation aimed for mature audiences ought to actually look more mature in style and do mature things.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2021, 06:59:58 AM »

F is for family exists as a subversion. It is set in the 1970’s and actually has continuity. The characters’ actions actually have consequences.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2021, 08:59:41 AM »

True.  But I found Trey and Parker's movies--Orgazmo and BASEketball--far funnier than South Park.  

I never found South Park funny as a kid.  Like at all.    

I've always had the impression they were pimping their cartoon product on the "OMG so much funny voices!!!1!"   *rolls eyes*

My mom hated South Park for exactly that reason. But she loved the episode where Cartman pretends to have Tourette's.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2021, 10:51:28 PM »

People are tired of that kind of postmodernist deconstructionism. The values of the traditional family sitcoms that Family Guy satirizes have already been rejected. People are finding things to believe in again, and edginess for the sake of edginess has run its course.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2021, 11:45:52 PM »

*shrug* I find South Park funny
Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -6.26

P
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2021, 01:24:54 AM »

Both shows suck
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2021, 11:13:16 AM »

*shrug* I find South Park funny

This is honestly one of the most surprising things I've seen on here in a while.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies