Revolution!: A 1917 Russia Game (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:05:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Revolution!: A 1917 Russia Game (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Revolution!: A 1917 Russia Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 4448 times)
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« on: May 03, 2021, 05:35:34 PM »

From the desk of General Alexei Brusilov

GENERAL DIRECTIVE #2962

To my officers, my soldiers, and my countrymen;

We stand at a monumental point in history. As the war in the west rages on, there has been equally seismic change at home - at long last, after years of incompetent, arrogant rule, the Tsar has finally stepped down. This is a watershed moment for Russia - at long last, the people will soon have the right to decide how and by whom they will be ruled. Freedom is, at long last, in sight.

However, there are still vultures who seek to take Russia's newly-won freedom from it. The Germans are at the door, and they are hungry to rape and pillage our motherland. If we do not stop them, they will use their pointed jackboot to stomp us back into an era of poverty and oppression. I understand that many of you are tired of this fight, started and criminally mismanaged by a blustering Tsar. But, for the sake of Russia, we must fight on. We may want to lay down our arms and rejoice in the fall of the Tsar, but the Germans to the west will not. Now, more than ever, we must defend the motherland as a unified army truly fighting for the people, not out-of-touch royalty. And I will personally ensure that our resources in this war will not be put to waste by foolish political fops with no understanding of the situation on the front-line.

Soldiers of Russia! Your country has put its faith in you, and now, the new Provisional Government has entrusted you with the high task of defending our nation's newly-won freedoms. No longer are you fighting the wars of an incompetent Tsar - now, you are fighting for your families, your friends, your neighbors. I believe that you are up for the task, and I plead with you to continue fighting with all your strength and your will. All Russia, and all the world, are watching, and we must drive the Germans back!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies