Revolution!: A 1917 Russia Game (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:17:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Revolution!: A 1917 Russia Game (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Revolution!: A 1917 Russia Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 4473 times)
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« on: May 11, 2021, 01:54:42 PM »

Освобождения
Published - April 3rd, 1917*

For the first time, Russia is breathing free. The work of the past months, led in part by the Kadets, has given our nation its first free and liberal government in history. Yet, the labor is not yet done. Russia is in desperate need for reform both in the cities and the countryside. With power finally out of the hands of autocrats and their lackeys, it is time to act on our long held dreams.

Yet, as Foreign Minister my purview lies firmly on the conduct of the war and Russia’s international obligations. As such, the conduct of the war and our international obligations must be dutifully reexamined. Millions of Russians have perished in defense of the nation and now the Russian heartland itself is threatened by the jackboot of German militarism. It would be a mistake to not recognize the mistakes of the Tsarist regime in their conduct of the war. Tsar Nicholas and Foreign Minister Sazonov mired our war effort in an imperialistic swamp of our own devising. Instead of pledging themselves to the creation of a just and peaceful post-war order, our nation was dragged into a war where our obligations were driven out of avarice. As such, I renounce the Tsarist war aims and will not pursue them in future diplomatic discussions.

Instead, Russia’s diplomatic and war aims will be directed towards a new track. No longer will Russian blood be spilled in order to fulfill imperialist war aims. If Germany wishes to become master of Europe, we will not cast her down only to pick up the whip ourselves. Rather my office will begin pressuring our allies for a negotiated peace, undertaken with the understanding that peace terms should be pursued without care for national greed, and instead with an eye towards establishing a permanent European peace.

Russia will survive this crisis, and take an active role in building a better Europe. 

-Foreign Minister П. Милюков

*Освобождения was a Kadet Magazine, and so I will be utilizing it for some public announcements from Milyukov.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies