Describe Kyrsten Sinema/Mark Warner Democrats
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:05:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Describe Kyrsten Sinema/Mark Warner Democrats
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Describe Kyrsten Sinema/Mark Warner Democrats  (Read 934 times)
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 08, 2021, 11:35:10 PM »

By Kyrsten Sinema/Mark Warner Democrats I mean generally partisan and reliable Democratic voters (at least for federal/state elections) who nonetheless think centre-left politicians like Barack Obama and Joe Biden were too liberal. Have centrist to centre-right views on both cultural and socioeconomic issues, but especially the latter. One key litmus test for this group would be the 32% of Democratic voters who favoured cutting enhanced unemployment insurance benefits (https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasreimann/2021/05/26/most-americans-say-its-time-to-cut-300-a-week-unemployment-benefits-poll-finds/?sh=1bbccc542121).
Geoffrey Howe
Geoffrey Howe admirer
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 12:32:06 PM »

Probably like most centre-right voters in Europe. Fairly non-descript middle class; plus wealthier suburbs I suppose.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 04:46:55 PM »

One key litmus test for this group would be the 32% of Democratic voters who favoured cutting enhanced unemployment insurance benefits (https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasreimann/2021/05/26/most-americans-say-its-time-to-cut-300-a-week-unemployment-benefits-poll-finds/?sh=1bbccc542121).

According to polling, Joe Biden's proposals have near universal support among Democratic voters, whether it be the American Jobs Plan, the American Families Plan, or raising taxes on individuals making over $400,000. The vast majority of Democratic voters agree on practically every substantive policy issue. In comparison, the debate on whether or not to cut enhanced UI benefits is not a particularly hot-button topic.

Those people are not secretly center-rightists just because they believe the job market is stabilizing quickly enough to eliminate enhanced UI benefits, and it's frankly a little unfair to suggest that. What it means, I think, is that they are what we call "temperamentally conservative," which is a fairly common phenomenon that isn't necessarily linked to supporting center-right policies.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 04:51:40 PM »

Perhaps a well educated upper middle class suburbanite who is center-left on social issues and center-right on fiscal issues.
Asenath Waite
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 10:04:01 AM »

Ancestrally Democratic suburban Irish-Catholics in Massachusetts, some Orthodox Jews, people who live in rural towns in upstate New York I've been in that I thought had a very "Trumpy" feel until I looked them up and found out they went for Biden by a comfortable margin, probably a decent number of black Democrats in the south as well.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies