If Dean doesn't win NH (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:54:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  If Dean doesn't win NH (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Dean doesn't win NH  (Read 8951 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: January 22, 2004, 12:04:14 PM »

Before everyone goes and pronounces Dean DOA remember this:  in every primary campaign in the history of the Iowa caucus (since 1972) the candidate with the most money going into Iowa always won the nomination.  Dean is by far the most well funded of all the candidates.  He's still got a base of alienated democrats which is more loyal than any of the support the other democrats can command.  Dean is the only democratic candidate that is truly running a 50 state campaign right now.  If there's one thing we all learned from Iowa it's that you can't count anybody out.  Dean's in trouble now, but by Feb. 3 he could be the undisputed front runner once again.  This race is simply too volatile to predict.  I, for one, will wait and see who wins NH before making any erroneous prognostications.

I might be wrong here, but I thought George Wallace had the most money when the 1976 primaries started? But maybe he didn't really run in Iowa, I am not exacly sure what you mean.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies