If Dean doesn't win NH (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:42:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  If Dean doesn't win NH (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Dean doesn't win NH  (Read 9033 times)
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« on: January 21, 2004, 04:50:23 PM »
« edited: January 21, 2004, 04:51:12 PM by Michael Zeigermann »

Let’s not burry him yet. Howard Dean is a small state Governor. He rose to become frontrunner and still is. Dean is a person who wants health to all Americans and believes in human rights. Polls show that New Hampshire wants a presidential candidate who cares about the issues.

Hello and welcome to the forum, Bill. Smiley

Anyway, I agree with some of what you said above, and it's definitely too early to bury Dean, but you can't deny the fact that the defeat in Iowa has severely hurt his campaign.

The Democratic primaries no longer have a clear front runner. Kerry, Edwards, Dean and Clark now all have an equal chance of winning the nomination.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That's a simplistic analysis. Kerry began to lead the polls before the public reunion with "his Veteran friend". Dean's campaign team made some fatal mistakes in IA, chiefly through negative adverts which turned off a lot of people. Edwards and Kerry held positive upbeat campaigns which attracted moderates and the undecided, and thus turned the caucus in their favour.

Dean needs to change the tone of his campaign if he wants to regain his lead in the polls. Not concentrate on what Bush and other Democrats are doing wrong, but what he will do instead.

That isn't really much of a reason. I mean, a dead squirrel would be a different kind of candidate. But that doesn't necessarily mean that people want to see a dead squirrel as President.

I'll be honest with you, Dean's campaign has too many shadows of McGovern about it. I like Dean. I agree with a lot of the things he stands for, but I just don't think he is electable. Karl Rove's publicity machine would tear him apart. The media, not just Fox News but also the more "objective" channels, are now portraying him as a crazy clown after his juvenile, erm, speech.

Don't get me wrong, stick with your candidate by all means, I'm just putting my thoughts across.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies