US: CNN/SSRS: Trump +6 (H2H), +9 (with third-parties)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:50:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  US: CNN/SSRS: Trump +6 (H2H), +9 (with third-parties)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: US: CNN/SSRS: Trump +6 (H2H), +9 (with third-parties)  (Read 710 times)
GAinDC

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: Today at 01:19:43 PM »

Democrats continuing to remain confident in a Biden victory are hilarious. Talk to me about a Biden victory when he is consistently polling four points above Trump nationally, and then I’ll believe you. There is no way anyone should be confident in Biden winning when we are getting Trump +6 polls.

Trump is favoured and the fundamentals all point against a Biden win. People do not believe in the American Dream anymore because hard work actually isn’t paying off. Dems trying to gaslight people with “um, actually the economy is strong” are digging their own graves.

And yes: I totally know Trump would just make things worse, but bad times always count against the incumbent, not the former president who Americans felt more prosperous under.

Give me a break.

Give me a break! Fundamentals still matter, and as you said, they favor Biden. Hilarious that you are calling Biden DOE six months before the election.

I think all red avatars are really worried about Trump winning again. But while some want to throw in the towel without even trying, many of us have faith in Biden and his campaign.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #51 on: Today at 01:23:43 PM »

I wouldn't be looking at CNN polls
GAinDC

« Reply #52 on: Today at 01:24:14 PM »

A broad majority of all Americans, 70%, say economic conditions in the US are poor, with many, particularly Republicans, who feel that way saying their views would be more affected by a political shift than a change in the economy itself. About 4 in 10 in that group (41%) say that a change in political leadership in Washington would do more to change their impressions of the economy than a lower rate of inflation, a change in their personal financial situation or a sustained rise in the stock market.

This is always what its been about, and yet there are people downright shaming Biden and Dems for daring to say the economy is strong and backing it up with real data instead of just vibes.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #53 on: Today at 01:35:49 PM »

Democrats continuing to remain confident in a Biden victory are hilarious. Talk to me about a Biden victory when he is consistently polling four points above Trump nationally, and then I’ll believe you. There is no way anyone should be confident in Biden winning when we are getting Trump +6 polls.

Trump is favoured and the fundamentals all point against a Biden win. People do not believe in the American Dream anymore because hard work actually isn’t paying off. Dems trying to gaslight people with “um, actually the economy is strong” are digging their own graves.

And yes: I totally know Trump would just make things worse, but bad times always count against the incumbent, not the former president who Americans felt more prosperous under.

Give me a break.

Give me a break! Fundamentals still matter, and as you said, they favor Biden. Hilarious that you are calling Biden DOE six months before the election.

I think all red avatars are really worried about Trump winning again. But while some want to throw in the towel without even trying, many of us have faith in Biden and his campaign.

Oh, we should try harder than we’ve ever tried. This election is more important than any I can remember (well, 2016 was, but, you know, Hillary’s e-mails). Still, we are right at the edge of the cliff now, so it is helpful to at least be realistic. I’ve not called Biden “DOA”: It’s just that there’s nothing pointing to him being favoured right now, so there’s nothing justifying this supreme confidence.

I am always very curious to hear what “fundamentals” are pointing to a Biden win. Him being an 80-year-old geriatric stumbling through speeches he hasn’t spent weeks practicing? Young people knowing they will never be able to buy a home unless they move to Nowhere, USA? The strong and stable state of global affairs?

Again, I don’t hold Biden responsible for any of these things. Trump would make them worse. But the reality is that people are ready to count COVID as an unprecedented blip, assess the rest of Trump’s term favourably, see nothing but chaos and weakness under Biden, and vote for the fascist. I would love to be wrong. But it is foolhardy to dismiss poll after poll showing Biden in a weak position. The evidence shows that the election is a coin flip for Biden at best or a rout for Trump at worst.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #54 on: Today at 01:37:45 PM »

Give me a break.

Oh, we should try harder than we’ve ever tried. This election is more important than any I can remember (well, 2016 was, but, you know, Hillary’s e-mails). Still, we are right at the edge of the cliff now, so it is helpful to at least be realistic. I’ve not called Biden “DOA”: It’s just that there’s nothing pointing to him being favoured right now, so there’s nothing justifying this supreme confidence.

I am always very curious to hear what “fundamentals” are pointing to a Biden win. Him being an 80-year-old geriatric stumbling through speeches he hasn’t spent weeks practicing? Young people knowing they will never be able to buy a home unless they move to Nowhere, USA? The strong and stable state of global affairs?

Again, I don’t hold Biden responsible for any of these things. Trump would make them worse. But the reality is that people are ready to count COVID as an unprecedented blip, assess the rest of Trump’s term favourably, see nothing but chaos and weakness under Biden, and vote for the fascist. I would love to be wrong. But it is foolhardy to dismiss poll after poll showing Biden in a weak position. The evidence shows that the election is a coin flip for Biden at best or a rout for Trump at worst.

Polls have consistently shown Biden improving his position except for this extreme outlier. You're being dramatic.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #55 on: Today at 01:38:56 PM »

42-33? Junk it. Why is this even a three page discussion? Such a poll is just utter crap.
GAinDC

« Reply #56 on: Today at 01:48:28 PM »

Give me a break.

Oh sorry, I misread your post. I thought you said the fundamentals favor Biden.

I believe they do because the economy is growing, Biden did not have any major primary challenges, and Trump is now compromised in a way he wasn’t back in 2020 or 2016.

Regarding your other points — even before COVID there was a lot of unrest during Trump’s presidency. He was not a uniting figure.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies