How is Ohio reddening so quickly? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:53:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  How is Ohio reddening so quickly? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How is Ohio reddening so quickly?  (Read 1067 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: April 30, 2021, 01:33:32 PM »

Dying cities other than Columbus, with the rural areas remaining as rural as culturally-similar areas in the Great Plains. Ohio's urban areas are about as D as ever, but they are also much smaller. Ohio has been losing old-fashioned manufacturing jobs while attracting little-to-no high-tech industries.

I mean, I do get all kinds of cold calls from people from Chennai all of the time wanting me to interview for W2 positions in places like Key Bank in places in Cleveland or Cincinnati. However, they generally want people who have more experience on niche tech stacks, older languages, and things of that nature. The nature of the jobs that are there generally last only about a year and sometimes not even that. In my first job in Kansas City (which is a lot like Cleveland in some ways), they would fill their old corporate doomsday shelter with hundreds of people from places like India or Ukraine and then announce just 3 months later that they want more jobs for local people. It was called their "Near Shore Delivery Center".

These "Near Shore Delivery Centers" in general don't really attract the type of people you think they would.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies