Should the Labor Party disband? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:36:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Should the Labor Party disband? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Should the Labor Party disband?  (Read 3556 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« on: April 27, 2021, 12:59:49 PM »

Perhaps the ""solution"" might be to unironically adopt a "the parties switched philosophy, with Labor now being the conservative party and the Federalists the left wing one Tongue
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 01:27:14 PM »

If anything we might as well on the Fed side just do everything in our power and ability to make the game as miserable as possible for the Labor Party since the game is pretty much dead to us outside of my Glorious South. We don't owe you all any feelings of shame. We might as well keep on offsite recruiting and damn the consequences.

Is this what "A more welcoming Atlasia" means? Tongue
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 01:39:51 PM »

If anything we might as well on the Fed side just do everything in our power and ability to make the game as miserable as possible for the Labor Party since the game is pretty much dead to us outside of my Glorious South. We don't owe you all any feelings of shame. We might as well keep on offsite recruiting and damn the consequences.

Is this what "A more welcoming Atlasia" means? Tongue
Technically the Fed platform and mission statement implicitly condones offsite recruiting! Wink But in all seriousness the game was different in the mid 2010s in that there was always a real path to victory in presidential elections and other national elections. This is just a different darker time in which there's fewer swing votes than ever.

lmao

But yeah I do agree with that. Before the formation of the DA/Greens/Libs last year I had noticed the amount of independents slowly but surely had been decreasing. I also noticed that while campaigning for my various senate campaigns, despite strong population growth in Lincoln the amount of swing voters didn't really increase that much. It was always the same 10 or so people.

I guess forum (and RL) polarization is the real guilty party here.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 02:49:48 AM »

Seriously, if the opposition party isn't winning, perhaps lurch to the left instead of doubling down on conservatism?

It is worth noting Feds ran Koopa/RC first and Siren/Muaddib later and both with absolutely miserable results (I still hold the position that Feb 20 was an underperformance and a skilled player could have beaten Labor that election and even a less skilled campaign could have come close)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 03:00:56 AM »

Honestly I will also note this was a fairly good result for the right. The House PV was what, 53-46?

Pretty sure that is still the 3rd best House PV* after Aug 20 (sole Labor defeat in this dominance period) and Dec 20 (tie on a technicality, I think Labor propped up Poirot around the end)

I realize losing close elections hurts but unless the Feds plan on collapsing in the next few months like they did between Jun and Oct 2019, how hard can it be to win the final few points?

*: Yes this was actually slightly closer than Feb 21! House PV for Feb 21 was 54-46. Of course YT did better than that

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2021, 05:18:06 AM »

This is such a strange thread. Why are we comparing fake elections between "citizens" who all know each other to UK politics, especially now that we've all more or less cynically decided that winning elections is less about appeal and more about PMing zombies?
Not only that, why are we suggesting that emulating the Liberal Democrats is a strategy for electoral success? I think it should have been pretty clear that nobody likes these "rich man's centrist party" types and nobody wants to vote for them.

Well...

...sometimes.

"The other lady is a Nazi" really isn't a fair case study. Isn't Macron incredibly unpopular these days?

As far as French presidents go he is reasonably popular. And by that I mean he has what, a 35% approval rating? Big improvement over Hollande's 4% though Tongue

He will only win reelection indeed cause he is likely to face someone named Le Pen though
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies