Should the Labor Party disband? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:44:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Should the Labor Party disband? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Should the Labor Party disband?  (Read 3576 times)
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« on: April 27, 2021, 10:17:29 AM »

It’s not an actual solution.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 12:57:12 PM »

Depends on what specific problem you are trying to solve but I’ve been pretty consistent that dissolving the duopoly won’t destroy the dupoly for over a year now.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 01:24:43 PM »

It is so nice of LT to let us all live rent-free in his head amidst the current housing crisis. Perhaps one day he will have the emotional discipline to lob some genuinely cutting insults, instead of embarrassing himself and his party when they lose their 50th straight election.
Lolol projecting much? You just get more bitter and jaded the more Labor wins.

You seem the really bitter one right now despite the right having one of their better showings the last 2 years.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 04:41:55 PM »

Wulfric there’s no divide between the “center-left” and “left” on the left in Atlasia and for someone who spent 2.5 years in the main party on the left, you should know this. Stop thinking this game like irl.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2021, 05:36:49 PM »

Wulfric there’s no divide between the “center-left” and “left” on the left in Atlasia and for someone who spent 2.5 years in the main party on the left, you should know this. Stop thinking this game like irl.

While I do think somewhat of a divide already exists on social issues, what I am saying is that dissolution would create the impetus for something like the above to occur, especially since there would probably be some sort of ban on immediately reforming the exact same parties if this dissolution were to actually occur.

No, because left wing people hate the right culturally than a slight disagreement on some random economic policy to the point where it’d prompt the creation of a separate party. If separate left wing parties form, it’ll be more contact method based but even that isn’t particularly certain. And how do you stop people from immediately reforming the exact same parties? This is why this idea is unrealistic lol.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2021, 06:02:27 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2021, 06:16:13 PM by YE »

The fundamental reason why Labor is so dominant is because it has more skilled political players than they other and said political players get along and work in such a centralized fashion and aren’t inclined to turn against each other. Not because of the brand name (although the brand name obviously did help Labor’s revival, circumstances then were obviously different). Getting said skilled players to take a step back would be more realistic though it’s not something you can politely whine about in public nor am I convinced yet that this game is broken to the point where that is necessary.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2021, 06:40:50 PM »

Been here long enough to know not to wish for the demise of the other side, for fear of what would replace them.

Imagine if folks has this approach in 2018. Tongue

Was just saying on Discord how Labor dissolution was a disaster, but it was kind-of a fun disaster for me because I got to vote for a lot of people who I otherwise wouldn't have because the left was so absurdly terrible. Tongue

Sometimes people have to learn things the hard way. 2018 taught the left the importance of a strong party organization that allowed us to regroup after the disaster of 2017.
At least there was a game in 2017-18.

What does that have to do with what Truman said?
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2021, 10:53:29 PM »

Who are those New Democrat/DLC types that a moderate could have flipped?

Idk, but a more moderate candidate would have also held the right wing defections that the right lost in Feb 2020 which is enough to win them the Presidency. A brand new party system would bring a lot of questions that we don't have answers to.

If you can’t name specific voters to a question like this, then it’s probably no one. This isn’t RL politics to the extent RL politics work this way.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies