Should the Labor Party disband? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:28:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Should the Labor Party disband? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Should the Labor Party disband?  (Read 3535 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: April 27, 2021, 12:34:00 PM »

Not before the other parties make their complete and unconditional surrender.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 01:06:43 PM »

It is so nice of LT to let us all live rent-free in his head amidst the current housing crisis. Perhaps one day he will have the emotional discipline to lob some genuinely cutting insults, instead of embarrassing himself and his party when they lose their 50th straight election.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 01:15:46 PM »

It is so nice of LT to let us all live rent-free in his head amidst the current housing crisis. Perhaps one day he will have the emotional discipline to lob some genuinely cutting insults, instead of embarrassing himself and his party when they lose their 50th straight election.
Lolol projecting much? You just get more bitter and jaded the more Labor wins.
I am at peace with the world! You will never be a good partisan until you can banish your emotions.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 05:17:33 PM »

Been here long enough to know not to wish for the demise of the other side, for fear of what would replace them.

Imagine if folks has this approach in 2018. Tongue

Was just saying on Discord how Labor dissolution was a disaster, but it was kind-of a fun disaster for me because I got to vote for a lot of people who I otherwise wouldn't have because the left was so absurdly terrible. Tongue

Sometimes people have to learn things the hard way. 2018 taught the left the importance of a strong party organization that allowed us to regroup after the disaster of 2017.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2021, 08:48:08 PM »

Seriously, if the opposition party isn't winning, perhaps lurch to the left instead of doubling down on conservatism?

Yeah this is the only real answer, I've long said if the right wants to win, they need to move left, a party that's neoliberal on economics, and comes out in favor of moderately pro choice and pro gun control positions, might make some inroads among moderates on the left.
What moderates could they flip, and why isn't the DA doing well, considering that those views are in the DA?
I think MB already answered this in the other thread. Tongue
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2021, 01:34:57 PM »

This is such a strange thread. Why are we comparing fake elections between "citizens" who all know each other to UK politics, especially now that we've all more or less cynically decided that winning elections is less about appeal and more about PMing zombies?
Not only that, why are we suggesting that emulating the Liberal Democrats is a strategy for electoral success? I think it should have been pretty clear that nobody likes these "rich man's centrist party" types and nobody wants to vote for them.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2021, 03:27:42 PM »

This is such a strange thread. Why are we comparing fake elections between "citizens" who all know each other to UK politics, especially now that we've all more or less cynically decided that winning elections is less about appeal and more about PMing zombies?
Not only that, why are we suggesting that emulating the Liberal Democrats is a strategy for electoral success? I think it should have been pretty clear that nobody likes these "rich man's centrist party" types and nobody wants to vote for them.

Well...

...sometimes.

"The other lady is a Nazi" really isn't a fair case study. Isn't Macron incredibly unpopular these days?
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2021, 03:40:34 PM »

Well...

...sometimes.

"The other lady is a Nazi" really isn't a fair case study. Isn't Macron incredibly unpopular these days?

From what I read, he campaigned like white Obama or something when he won his first election. His managed to rebrand neoliberal policies as grassroots, anti-establishment, and 'cool'.

Well Clegg was mildly popular once too; but even after the PS collapsed Macron was still only able to get like a third of the vote in the first round and won in the second because he was the non-FN candidate. Not exactly a model the Feds should want to emulate!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies