Should the Labor Party disband?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:23:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Should the Labor Party disband?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Should the Labor Party disband?  (Read 3434 times)
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2021, 01:19:52 PM »

This is so hilarious, the Feds were popping champagne corks when YT was nominated and the talk of an emerging Fed majority was talked about back then. Labor are returning the favor in eternal trifecta

Sour grapes 🍇🍇🍇😭😭😭
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2021, 01:24:43 PM »

It is so nice of LT to let us all live rent-free in his head amidst the current housing crisis. Perhaps one day he will have the emotional discipline to lob some genuinely cutting insults, instead of embarrassing himself and his party when they lose their 50th straight election.
Lolol projecting much? You just get more bitter and jaded the more Labor wins.

You seem the really bitter one right now despite the right having one of their better showings the last 2 years.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2021, 01:27:14 PM »

If anything we might as well on the Fed side just do everything in our power and ability to make the game as miserable as possible for the Labor Party since the game is pretty much dead to us outside of my Glorious South. We don't owe you all any feelings of shame. We might as well keep on offsite recruiting and damn the consequences.

Is this what "A more welcoming Atlasia" means? Tongue
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2021, 01:28:24 PM »

It is so nice of LT to let us all live rent-free in his head amidst the current housing crisis. Perhaps one day he will have the emotional discipline to lob some genuinely cutting insults, instead of embarrassing himself and his party when they lose their 50th straight election.
Lolol projecting much? You just get more bitter and jaded the more Labor wins.
I am at peace with the world! You will never be a good partisan until you can banish your emotions.
I feel just fine and happy. Anyone can attest to it.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2021, 01:30:06 PM »

If anything we might as well on the Fed side just do everything in our power and ability to make the game as miserable as possible for the Labor Party since the game is pretty much dead to us outside of my Glorious South. We don't owe you all any feelings of shame. We might as well keep on offsite recruiting and damn the consequences.

No, it isn't, it's a shame to see the Federalists steer so far from their founding principles, do they stand for anything other than "owning the libs" now?
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2021, 01:33:27 PM »

Technically the Fed platform and mission statement implicitly condones offsite recruiting! Wink But in all seriousness the game was different in the mid 2010s in that there was always a real path to victory in presidential elections and other national elections. This is just a different darker time in which there's fewer swing votes than ever.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2021, 01:36:48 PM »

No, it isn't, it's a shame to see the Federalists steer so far from their founding principles, do they stand for anything other than "owning the libs" now?

The Federalist Party has never stood for your ideal "principles." You're not suave enough to ever truly understand us. Hence why you abandoned us and became so much more obedient to your Labor masters.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2021, 01:39:51 PM »

Technically the Fed platform and mission statement implicitly condones offsite recruiting! Wink But in all seriousness the game was different in the mid 2010s in that there was always a real path to victory in presidential elections and other national elections. This is just a different darker time in which there's fewer swing votes than ever.

lmao

But yeah I do agree with that. Before the formation of the DA/Greens/Libs last year I had noticed the amount of independents slowly but surely had been decreasing. I also noticed that while campaigning for my various senate campaigns, despite strong population growth in Lincoln the amount of swing voters didn't really increase that much. It was always the same 10 or so people.

I guess forum (and RL) polarization is the real guilty party here.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2021, 03:03:34 PM »

I do actually see this option as more plausible/realistic than any time before in the past few years. I certainly wouldn't be opposed to it, personally. Not really sure how it would end up working out, though.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2021, 04:24:18 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2021, 05:19:02 PM by Lincoln Dean Dwarven Dragon »

Just as a hypothetical, what do people think would happen if Labor dissolved?

Probably it gets used as an excuse to split up the party into left and center-left entities. Peace Probably gets used as the left outlet, grows in size, and starts leading itself again, while a PUP-like party takes the remaining Laborites. Eventually one starts clearly dominating the other in game, at which point they mostly merge.

Long term: No change, except maybe single payer finally passes if Peace wins this struggle.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2021, 04:41:55 PM »

Wulfric there’s no divide between the “center-left” and “left” on the left in Atlasia and for someone who spent 2.5 years in the main party on the left, you should know this. Stop thinking this game like irl.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2021, 04:44:16 PM »

Just as a hypothetical, what do people think would happen if Labor dissolved?

Probably it gets used as an excuse to split up the party into left and center-left entities. Peace Probably gets used as the left outlet, grows in size, and starts leading itself again, while a PUP-like party takes the remaining Laborites. Eventually one starts clearly dominating the other in game, at which point they mostly merge.

Long term: No change, except maybe single payer finally passes if Peace brings this struggle.
#analysis
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2021, 05:09:43 PM »

Been here long enough to know not to wish for the demise of the other side, for fear of what would replace them.

Imagine if folks has this approach in 2018. Tongue

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2021, 05:17:33 PM »

Been here long enough to know not to wish for the demise of the other side, for fear of what would replace them.

Was just saying on Discord how Labor dissolution was a disaster, but it was kind-of a fun disaster for me because I got to vote for a lot of people who I otherwise wouldn't have because the left was so absurdly terrible. Tongue

Sometimes people have to learn things the hard way. 2018 taught the left the importance of a strong party organization that allowed us to regroup after the disaster of 2017.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2021, 05:21:52 PM »

Wulfric there’s no divide between the “center-left” and “left” on the left in Atlasia and for someone who spent 2.5 years in the main party on the left, you should know this. Stop thinking this game like irl.

While I do think somewhat of a divide already exists on social issues, what I am saying is that dissolution would create the impetus for something like the above to occur, especially since there would probably be some sort of ban on immediately reforming the exact same parties if this dissolution were to actually occur.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2021, 05:24:45 PM »

While I do think somewhat of a divide already exists on social issues, what I am saying is that dissolution would create the impetus for something like the above to occur, especially since there would probably be some sort of ban on immediately reforming the exact same parties if this dissolution were to actually occur.

you don't know what you are talking about.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2021, 05:25:11 PM »

This is so ridiculous. If Hamilton could run the Populares for months after his forum ban via AIM and socks, any such "bans" will be easily circumvented in the discord era.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2021, 05:36:49 PM »

No, because left wing people hate the right culturally than a slight disagreement on some random economic policy to the point where it’d prompt the creation of a separate party. If separate left wing parties form, it’ll be more contact method based but even that isn’t particularly certain. And how do you stop people from immediately reforming the exact same parties? This is why this idea is unrealistic lol.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2021, 05:56:04 PM »

While I do think somewhat of a divide already exists on social issues

Curious to hear more elaboration on this. What social issues, and who are the major figures on each side?
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2021, 06:02:27 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2021, 06:16:13 PM by YE »

The fundamental reason why Labor is so dominant is because it has more skilled political players than they other and said political players get along and work in such a centralized fashion and aren’t inclined to turn against each other. Not because of the brand name (although the brand name obviously did help Labor’s revival, circumstances then were obviously different). Getting said skilled players to take a step back would be more realistic though it’s not something you can politely whine about in public nor am I convinced yet that this game is broken to the point where that is necessary.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2021, 06:34:49 PM »

Was just saying on Discord how Labor dissolution was a disaster, but it was kind-of a fun disaster for me because I got to vote for a lot of people who I otherwise wouldn't have because the left was so absurdly terrible. Tongue

Sometimes people have to learn things the hard way. 2018 taught the left the importance of a strong party organization that allowed us to regroup after the disaster of 2017.
At least there was a game in 2017-18.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2021, 06:40:50 PM »

What does that have to do with what Truman said?
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2021, 07:41:10 PM »

As far as I am aware, the Atlas Fantasy Elections and Atlas Fantasy Government boards still exist, and there were elections held this past weekend. May you please elaborate on what you mean by your implication that there is a no longer a game? Us, the commoners, would be delighted to be enlightened by your grand wisdom.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2021, 07:48:10 PM »

The Feds are damn lucky they have Yankee as their main guy. Without him as their voice, they'd be facing 6-3 House losses every two months.
Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -7.22

P P P
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2021, 07:58:32 PM »

Labor Party has disbanded.

All of its former members have now joined the Labour Party
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »