Benenson Strategy Group INTERNAL: Casey up by 14 over Santorum
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:18:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Benenson Strategy Group INTERNAL: Casey up by 14 over Santorum
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Benenson Strategy Group INTERNAL: Casey up by 14 over Santorum  (Read 4076 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2006, 11:26:04 PM »
« edited: August 23, 2006, 11:28:23 PM by overton »

He is losing because the Republicans ran very poorly in the 2000 and 2004 election cycles and it showing up in his senate race. And Lynn Swann isn't helping him either. They could of found a better candidate than Swann. Geez wiz. His approval ratings are aroung 39%.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2006, 11:56:13 PM »

He closed the gap to put himself into position to win pending on the outcome of the debates.  That's why the 3 debates will matter more importantly now.

That, sir, is the most intelligent thing you have posted. 

Of course, I did say the exact same thing before.  That might have something to do with how I feel.

Still, this poll reeks of 2 things:

1- The gap has closed and Casey and the DSCC knows this.
2- This has the DSCC scared for some reason.  You do not realese internal numbers unless you have to.  Vague statements are usually all you do.  Internal numbers are released when you need to create an artificial image of the race.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2006, 11:59:22 PM »

You keep saying my logic is poor. But he is behind in the polls. If he is such a good speaker, why is he behind at this point and never lead. Wouldn't the people take his debating skills into account and give him the advantage if was such a good speaker.  And just because like I said before you are a good debator doesn't mean he is going to win the debates against Casey. 

What you don't understand is that Casey is a popular name in this state. That's what his campaign is based on and it works here. The Casey's are to PA like the Kennedy's are to MA.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2006, 12:00:53 AM »

Surge or not he is still way behind and in terrible shape for an incumbent senator.

He's behind (6-9 points most likely) and isn't in good shape at all. I think that's been established. As D-IL says, Santorum's put himself in the position to win if he preforms well in any debates/discussions and if his ads continue to be effective.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies