Is Atlas significantly less ideologically diverse than it was 10-15 years ago? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:21:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is Atlas significantly less ideologically diverse than it was 10-15 years ago? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Atlas significantly less ideologically diverse than it was 10-15 years ago?  (Read 1747 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: April 22, 2021, 11:47:33 AM »

Part of the problem is the type of Republican Atlas used to attract is exactly ground zero for going NeverTrump/leaving the GOP. If you're a right wing ideologue of the previous era who was thoughtful and read a lot of more theory minded people like Jonah Goldberg and Bill Kristol, you probably followed them right out of the GOP.

Then, for the Trumpers, changing cultural mores. How long would Statesrights, a poster with Confederate stuff in his sig who was openly not cool with blacks or gays, last on the forum now? And yet States was basically an ur-Trumper and I have no doubt he went Trump hard, but despite being one of our top all time posters, he'd not be welcome here now.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 12:38:32 PM »

Then, for the Trumpers, changing cultural mores. How long would Statesrights, a poster with Confederate stuff in his sig who was openly not cool with blacks or gays, last on the forum now? And yet States was basically an ur-Trumper and I have no doubt he went Trump hard, but despite being one of our top all time posters, he'd not be welcome here now.

The question of course then turns to why is he not welcome now when he was welcomed for a very long time and when a very significant amount of the US (circa 25%?) thinks like him Tongue Not like I think he should not have been banned, but still.

(And of course whehter a political forum should allow all kinds of mainstream politics)

He wasn't banned, he did the "lock himself out of his account with a randomly generated password to make sure he'd never come back" thing. Totally voluntary.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 04:56:25 PM »

Nowadays i've found its not just that there are more Dems but you have a lot of the worst kind of dems, the sort of upper-middle class, reddit reading, college educated, moral majority types who don't really have anything interesting to say and are super critical of anyone who doesn't think like them and super annoying to read/talk to.

"Moral Majority types" Huh I don't see most Democrats as huge fans of Jerry Falwell.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies