Kyrsten Sinema says she makes decisions by listening to business leaders, when asked about PRO Act (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:25:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Kyrsten Sinema says she makes decisions by listening to business leaders, when asked about PRO Act (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kyrsten Sinema says she makes decisions by listening to business leaders, when asked about PRO Act  (Read 2764 times)
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« on: April 21, 2021, 10:19:43 PM »

Honestly. obvious bait is obvious.

But, why in hell are we always asking business leaders about labor law?

I’ll give you their answer right now, there shouldn’t be any
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 10:22:00 PM »

Good to see Sinema takes into account what businesses think. It's important to hear from the private sector.
Why?

The whole point of labor law is to protect people from explosive practices by ownership.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 11:03:39 AM »
« Edited: April 22, 2021, 11:13:40 AM by LVScreenssuck »

Only one other D Senator has decided that Mitch McConnell gets veto power as a matter of principle.

She deserves every bit of criticism that she gets, that she brought twitter trolls on herself with a meaningless gesture is just a chef's kiss.

And you are utterly delusional if you think any substantial relief would even get Romney's vote much less 9 of his colleagues.

A 'good conservadem' isn't a thing and Mitt Romney isn't king of legislation, we shouldn't have to have an amoral venture capitalist on board for all policy.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 01:41:06 PM »

I like how those who feel the need to defend one of those most privileged persons on the planet from the horrors of people being rude online make this about the minimum wage vote.
She is demanding that all legislation be approved by Mitt Romney and nine of his closest friends for no apparent reason. Also taking money from the chamber of commerce and doing NRA (restaurant industry, not guns) fundraisers precludes you from demanding that liberals be 'on your side'.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2021, 02:53:38 PM »

Today I learned that a majority passing legislation is an authoritarian fantasy.

But we get it there Rahm, you don't want actual policy changes Democrats are just placeholder not Republicans for you. You can just cool it a little on your endless quest to scold those damn kids who expect legislatures to do things.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2021, 03:17:09 PM »

Today I learned that a majority passing legislation is an authoritarian fantasy.

But we get it there Rahm, you don't want actual policy changes Democrats are just placeholder not Republicans for you. You can just cool it a little on your endless quest to scold those damn kids who expect legislatures to do things.

Rules are rules.  You don't like 'em?  That's fine, change the rules.  There's a mechanism in place to do that.

What you can't do is just decide to ignore the rules when you don't like them.  That's like if you threw a pitch, it was a foul, and you said "screw you ump, my entire team voted and we said it was a strike, so we win."  I don't support that, a majority of the country doesn't support that -- but that's not a majority that matters to you I suppose.
Ok this is just ridiculous. The mechanism in place for changing rules is overruling the parliamentarian. And Senate rules are not laws. And government isn't a game. We have no obligation to be 'fair' to a minority party. The whole point of democracy is that outcomes reflect the popular will and current Senate rules prevent that.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2021, 03:18:33 PM »

Rules are rules.  You don't like 'em?  That's fine, change the rules.  There's a mechanism in place to do that.

What you can't do is just decide to ignore the rules when you don't like them.  That's like if you threw a pitch, it was a foul, and you said "screw you ump, my entire team voted and we said it was a strike, so we win."  I don't support that, a majority of the country doesn't support that -- but that's not a majority that matters to you I suppose.
A lot of this is driven by sour grapes.
Yeah bunch of whiners that can't just accept that an entrenched oligarchy has a defacto veto power.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2021, 03:40:43 PM »

Rules are rules.  You don't like 'em?  That's fine, change the rules.  There's a mechanism in place to do that.

What you can't do is just decide to ignore the rules when you don't like them.  That's like if you threw a pitch, it was a foul, and you said "screw you ump, my entire team voted and we said it was a strike, so we win."  I don't support that, a majority of the country doesn't support that -- but that's not a majority that matters to you I suppose.
A lot of this is driven by sour grapes.
Yeah bunch of whiners that can't just accept that an entrenched oligarchy has a defacto veto power.

Sour grapes that the swing votes in the Senate are a moderate woman with moderate convictions and an older white moderate man from West Virginia? You bet.
Plenty of people have misguided ideas on policy and misguided ideas about how the government out to work. (And on both left AND right)
Libelum Vetos aren't a moderate position. The are the position of someone willing to run the nation into the ground to protect their personal prerogatives.

And the most pernicious misconception on how government out to work is that politicians from both sides must accept something, as a matter of principle, for it to be implemented. And it's close cousin on the policy side, let's hurt everyone a little so that it's fair. Something, something gored oxen.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2021, 09:26:31 AM »

The massive hate train for Kyrsten Sinema is utterly ridiculous.  I'm surprised at the level of restraint she's shown given how dedicated a large part of the internet is to turning her into the next Hillary Clinton.
She’s more Joe Lieberman than Hillary Clinton.

Call me when she actually singlehandedly torpedoes important legislation.  Right now everyone's acting like she singlehandedly killed the minimum wage amendment when there are 18 other senators who also voted no that you need to flip to get to 60, and there probably would have been more if it actually had a chance of passing since plenty of Dems who oppose $15 voted Yes anyway just to avoid primary challenges.
She is the one (of two, but the other one is chronically inconsistent) insisting on keeping a weird rules glitch that makes 60 votes required to close debate, effectively forestalling regular legislation.
So yes, until that changes she is torpedoing allot of major legislation. PRO Act, HR1, ect., less important than giving extra-constititional powers to Republican conference leaders.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2021, 09:29:30 AM »

Just noticed that this whole thread is based on a tweet from an Intercept pundit, doing what Intercept pundits do -- taking something out of context, twisting and editorializing heavily with his own opinions to make it seem like she said something she didn't actually say.  Bet nobody watched the actual clip.

Change your avatar to blue already.
The tweet was bait, tbf.

Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2021, 10:40:37 PM »

The amount of hate Kyrsten Sinema and Joe Manchin get when they haven’t actually opposed anything of significance where their votes would matter will never make sense to me.

I like how their shtick is even working on an audience like this yet many are convinced that Sinema doesn’t know what she’s doing.

For real. Let’s be honest, her and Manchin will both vote for HR1 and DC Statehood if Schumer has 48 other votes already.
Well that’s not a sh**tload of help when we need an arbitrary super-majority because of delusional self-righteousness
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies