Kyrsten Sinema says she makes decisions by listening to business leaders, when asked about PRO Act
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:16:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Kyrsten Sinema says she makes decisions by listening to business leaders, when asked about PRO Act
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Kyrsten Sinema says she makes decisions by listening to business leaders, when asked about PRO Act  (Read 2702 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 21, 2021, 07:12:21 PM »

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 07:15:08 PM »

Given how large corporations have reacted to voting rights issues over the last few months, that's fantastic news for Democrats. HR1 lives!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2021, 07:15:09 PM »

She didn’t say she only listens to business leaders , just that she takes their concerns into consideration
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2021, 07:15:54 PM »

Caring about the concerns of businesses is a bad thing?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2021, 07:16:57 PM »

Also, didn't OP used to be a Republican who fellated the Chamber of Commerce?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2021, 07:18:19 PM »

Good to see Sinema takes into account what businesses think. It's important to hear from the private sector.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2021, 07:20:14 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2021, 07:23:48 PM by TiltsAreUnderrated »

Given how large corporations have reacted to voting rights issues over the last few months, that's fantastic news for Democrats. HR1 lives!

Right-wing social progressivism dependent on big business is a laughably unsustainable and cruel model of governance. Trump was the warning.

Edit: Her answer isn’t as ominous as this thread suggests, btw. She was asked by businesses if she listened to their concerns and said yes (in a fairly bog standard way). There weren’t any of the red flags she sent out about the minimum wage vote and stimulus bill.
compucomp

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2021, 07:25:56 PM »

Also, didn't OP used to be a Republican who fellated the Chamber of Commerce?

It could be a ploy to draw attention to her comments in order to trigger more Democratic infighting between Sinema and online progressives.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2021, 07:37:06 PM »

The massive hate train for Kyrsten Sinema is utterly ridiculous.  I'm surprised at the level of restraint she's shown given how dedicated a large part of the internet is to turning her into the next Hillary Clinton.

I'm sure this quote will be taken out of context and spread around like wildfire until the lie becomes the truth, just like Joe Biden's "nothing will fundamentally change."
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2021, 07:43:00 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2021, 07:47:19 PM by Clinton/Kaine/ Northam/ Biden/Warner voter for Cox »

Right-wing social progressivism dependent on big business is a laughably unsustainable and cruel model of governance. Trump was the warning.

Edit: Her answer isn’t as ominous as this thread suggests, btw. She was asked by businesses if she listened to their concerns and said yes (in a fairly bog standard way). There weren’t any of the red flags she sent out about the minimum wage vote and stimulus bill.

This is true, but it's concerning that she never mentioned unions or unionizing or workers at all. Especially since this bill would obviously benefit them.

The massive hate train for Kyrsten Sinema is utterly ridiculous.  I'm surprised at the level of restraint she's shown given how dedicated a large part of the internet is to turning her into the next Hillary Clinton.

I'm sure this quote will be taken out of context and spread around like wildfire until the lie becomes the truth, just like Joe Biden's "nothing will fundamentally change."

Comparing Kyrsten Sinema to Hillary Clinton is pretty bad. Also imo she isn't that awful, she's just really showy, she'd probably vote for this in a vacuum, but the comment is more so concerning, because even the most favorable interpretation suggests she's undecided, that isn't a strong enough feeling to support killing the filibuster. Also unlike Sinema, Hillary Clinton was hated only by the Bernie Bros, and I agree with you strongly that the way that the Bros treated Hillary at least partially contributed to their loss. Also the Bros' smearing of Biden was pretty bad too, but with Sinema, it's not just the bros, but it's also fairly moderate Democrats like myself who are irked by her insistence of always wanting attention, even if she votes for the bill in the end.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2021, 07:45:29 PM »

The massive hate train for Kyrsten Sinema is utterly ridiculous.  I'm surprised at the level of restraint she's shown given how dedicated a large part of the internet is to turning her into the next Hillary Clinton.

I agree completely.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2021, 07:52:35 PM »

I find it interesting that Delaware's Senators have not even received a small fraction of the blowback Sinema has faced despite being from a much bluer state and also voting against a $15 minimum wage.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2021, 08:10:10 PM »

She has shown no restraint, she literally told people "Not tonight, Satan" and "f**k off". That's not great behavior from an elected official, even though she isn't the only one in the wrong.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2021, 08:12:56 PM »

Unions are a relic of early 20th century conflicts that have long been settled
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2021, 08:13:52 PM »

Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2021, 09:03:26 PM »

Yawn. Seems like very bog-standard political-speak. Call me when she actually opposes it.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2021, 09:09:12 PM »

Ah yes. Try telling that to someone working three part-time jobs for a total of 65 hours a week, no time off, no overtime due to working three jobs, never having any opportunities to relax or enjoy the fruits of their labor, or anything else. I’m sure that will go over well.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2021, 09:15:56 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2021, 09:20:47 PM by Santander »

Ah yes. Try telling that to someone working three part-time jobs for a total of 65 hours a week, no time off, no overtime due to working three jobs, never having any opportunities to relax or enjoy the fruits of their labor, or anything else. I’m sure that will go over well.
The number of Americans who actually work 65 hours a week across 3 part-time jobs is almost nil. The average person who has more than one job throughout the year (5% of the workforce) works basically the same hours as people who work one job. Obviously, they will have more scheduling challenges and waste more time commuting, but you are using the politician tactic of describing people who basically don't exist.

Unionization doesn't help all workers, either. Older, higher seniority employees generally benefit more from unionization, as they are less interested in career advancement or part-time work, which many younger workers actively seek, and can reap the benefits of seniority-based job security, shift scheduling, and step increases.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2021, 10:19:43 PM »

Honestly. obvious bait is obvious.

But, why in hell are we always asking business leaders about labor law?

I’ll give you their answer right now, there shouldn’t be any
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2021, 10:22:00 PM »

Good to see Sinema takes into account what businesses think. It's important to hear from the private sector.
Why?

The whole point of labor law is to protect people from explosive practices by ownership.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2021, 10:28:01 PM »

Kyrsten Sinema’s entire schtick seems to be based on trolling.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2021, 10:33:40 PM »

Is that seriously the takeaway from this when Sinema was already on board with HR1 and this clip is about the PRO Act something much more important in improving the lives of people and probably as much of a boon to Democrats electorally?
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2021, 10:39:39 PM »

Why?

The whole point of labor law is to protect people from explosive practices by ownership.
Seems strange to argue the opinions of the businesses should not be considered relevant at all when one is crafting policy. Speaking generally of course.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2021, 10:45:55 PM »

I find it interesting that Delaware's Senators have not even received a small fraction of the blowback Sinema has faced despite being from a much bluer state and also voting against a $15 minimum wage.

I gave them blowback, and attributed it to them being Credit Card State scions like Biden was/is.

Nobody who voted against it deserves a free pass.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2021, 01:20:55 AM »

They even did some coordinated thumbs-down show. Not quite "Fortnite dance on the poor" bad, but pretty damn close to it.

Of course, my hatred has been directed pretty clearly and strongly at those who deserve it, and the influence I can directly control. Although I'm starting to have second thoughts, given Sununu caving like a dog to the anti-mask lunatics.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies