Tucker Carlson was a member of the “Dan White Society” in college
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:44:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Tucker Carlson was a member of the “Dan White Society” in college
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Tucker Carlson was a member of the “Dan White Society” in college  (Read 2154 times)
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2021, 07:20:03 PM »
« edited: April 21, 2021, 07:37:22 PM by Storr »

Unsurprising news that racist homophobic prick Tucker Carlson was a racist homophobic prick in college aside, had no one thought to look at his college yearbooks before?
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2021, 07:29:18 PM »

also:

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2021, 07:40:09 PM »

And Neil Gorsuch was actually a fascist. Roll Eyes
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2021, 07:44:02 PM »

also:

The letter certainly sounds like him.
Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2021, 08:12:10 PM »

I look forward to the next decade when members of the Dana White Society start becoming Congressmen

chugs a Rockstar
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2021, 08:31:42 PM »

I look forward to the next decade when members of the Dana White Society start becoming Congressmen

chugs a Rockstar

Tucker isn't that much younger than the average representative (51 vs 57)
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2021, 09:19:54 PM »

I didn't recognize the name, and I've seen the movie Milk, listened to multiple podcasts about him, and have posted on this forum for (sigh) almost 18 years.

And I would assume that White would have been more obscure in 1991 than he is now, as Milk hadn't been lionized yet then.

Carlson is from San Francisco, even though he later lived somewhere else, he almost certainly knew who Harvey Milk was in 1991
Trinity College is not very big. 2000 undergrads, perhaps less in 1991. Did any other students list their affiliation with the groups?

Carlson was born in San Francisco. He and his father moved to La Jolla when he was 7, and his father was working for a TV station in LA even before that, so he likely lived there.

Carlson attended a school in Switzerland before being kicked out. He then attended a prep school in Rhode Island.

It was probably a goof.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2021, 11:27:43 PM »

I didn't recognize the name, and I've seen the movie Milk, listened to multiple podcasts about him, and have posted on this forum for (sigh) almost 18 years.

And I would assume that White would have been more obscure in 1991 than he is now, as Milk hadn't been lionized yet then.

Carlson is from San Francisco, even though he later lived somewhere else, he almost certainly knew who Harvey Milk was in 1991
Trinity College is not very big. 2000 undergrads, perhaps less in 1991. Did any other students list their affiliation with the groups?

Carlson was born in San Francisco. He and his father moved to La Jolla when he was 7, and his father was working for a TV station in LA even before that, so he likely lived there.

Carlson attended a school in Switzerland before being kicked out. He then attended a prep school in Rhode Island.

It was probably a goof.

I'm sure it was just a massive coincidence that the guy who authored homophobic pieces in the student newspaper also has the name of the guy who killed a high profile gay politician in his yearbook.
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 3.10, S: -7.83

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2021, 03:39:03 AM »

Wtf?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2021, 05:47:20 AM »

There’s only one Dan White that this could be referring to, and the only reason to deny it is discomfort with the implications for a popular right-wing talk show host.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2021, 08:22:51 AM »

Dan White is a generic enough name that it could refer to someone else. How well known was the murderer Dan White in 1991 when Tucker graduated college?

It's a generic name, but what other Dan White is notable enough for a society to be named after? Anyone who takes a remote interest in politics knows who Dan White.

Weird then how I knew about him yet I've never seen the movie. But I knew the reference immediately when I saw the title (and remembered how White used to be an ally of Diane Feinstein but nobody wants to point that out because she's alive and old and it would hurt her feelings)
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies